[BOOK/TV SPOILERS] Jaime in season 2

Anomandaris86

I remember reading in an interview with D&D discussing the future of the series, they mentioned that they were planning on expanding Jaime's role in season 2, as they considered him an important character and that's the book where he basically disapears until that conversation with Cat at the end. I'm wondering though, what could they do? We already know that that conversation, or at least part of it, is being moved to the end of season 1. So that leaves them even less. Of course, there's the bit with the assassins Tyrion sends to try to free him, which happens in the book but isn't dramatized. I'm sure they'll show that. Other than that though, what does that leave them? More conversations with different people? I HOPE they don't release him early, as that would cause significant story divergences.

Any ideas on what's in store?

I suspect we'll see various characters who are at Riverrun talking to him - trying to get intelligence, or just having fun lording it over their captive (depending on the person). Robb is there from time to time between battles... Edmure's there all the time... The Blackfish... not sure who else. It will be a good way to get these minor characters' personalities established. They'll probably have Cat say "goodbye" before she heads south. No doubt Jaime will try a few tricks to escape himself, none of them successful.

I remember reading in an interview with D&D discussing the future of the series, they mentioned that they were planning on expanding Jaime's role in season 2, as they considered him an important character and that's the book where he basically disapears until that conversation with Cat at the end. I'm wondering though, what could they do? We already know that that conversation, or at least part of it, is being moved to the end of season 1. So that leaves them even less. Of course, there's the bit with the assassins Tyrion sends to try to free him, which happens in the book but isn't dramatized. I'm sure they'll show that. Other than that though, what does that leave them? More conversations with different people? I HOPE they don't release him early, as that would cause significant story divergences.

Any ideas on what's in store?

Well, in the second book, we only ever *hear* about the battles between Robb and the Lannister forces. Since the TV series has shown itself to not be constrained by the various POVs, they probably intend to show the battles themselves.

We'll probably see the failed escape attempt Tyrion put together rather than just hear about it afterward. That will be fun.

I'm trying to remember how far into the book that Jamie is captured. Is it really that soon? I was hoping to get some POV stuff from his side of the battle.

Unless the TV show changes it, in the book Jaime was captured toward the end of the first book.

Archived