A Song of Ice and Fire [Slipcase Editions]

Buster

Blackwolf, I ordered the books off the book depository it came in at £250 for all 6 slipcased editions.

And sorry for the delay in replying i'd been avoiding the site after the 12th as i still hadn't finished dance

If anyone is on the fence about buying these, I just wanted to give you my 2 cents.

Me and a friend purchased these and had to go through 4 books. Besides Amazon UK having TERRIBLE packaging and ruining the books every time they shipped, the books themselves were very poor quality.

Glue everywhere, inside and out the binding, strings just hanging out. The binding is very poor and is always inconsistent (on all four books that we've received). General quality is bad and even though it's shrink wrapped, my LOTR Harper Collins Deluxe looked tons better and it wasn't even shrink wrapped at all and probably sitting on the shelves for a long time before I got it.

It doesn't come close to match the quality of the Tolkien editions, it's truly bad. I think my standard edition hardcovers are better to be honest.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on these books.. As far as I understand, it is better to wait for a superior edition from Harper Collins.. I am sure they will take into account these feedbacks or the 'lower than expected' purchase rates might force them to re-consider their production decisions..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mine arrived today and it is as pictured on amazon which i'm a little disappointed by as i was hoping they'd change the colours for each book still.

Its still just glued but still decent enough to buy.

On the pics it shows the "A" is missed out for some reason...i.e. "Clash of Kings" rather than "A Clash of Kings" ...is this the case with the actual book too? or just a rushed mock up pic,

On the pics it shows the "A" is missed out for some reason...i.e. "Clash of Kings" rather than "A Clash of Kings" ...is this the case with the actual book too? or just a rushed mock up pic,

Just checked, "A" is in the actual book.

• 2 weeks later...

Was going to stick this over in the Lit section, but thought it was worth pointing out here too - it seems the Wheel of Time series are being brought out in matching slipcases to this series! Link

Knowing how many books there are in this series, to buy these would need to be a major investment, but they do look good. Obviously there's not been too many complaints about the quality then!

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone received their copy of "A storm of Swords"?

I pre-ordered it from TheBookDepository, but it still appears as "Currently Unavailable", so I'm wodering if there's any informations, if the release date has been pushed back again, or if it's only taking a bit longer than expected to send them :3.

Archived