[Book Spoilers] Just figured out the title of this episode

Arataniello

That will be the true test, yes. We could very well lose a significant amount of viewers over that.

This is what I'm worried about. When I first heard that HBO was making a series and that Sean Bean (probably the most widely known actor on the show) was being cast as Ned I was shocked...because of Ned's early demise. I honestly assumed that they would completely alter the story line somehow and make it to where Ned escapes. But yeah, that's not going to happen. Hopefully it doesn't turn viewers off too badly.

This is what I'm worried about. When I first heard that HBO was making a series and that Sean Bean (probably the most widely known actor on the show) was being cast as Ned I was shocked...because of Ned's early demise. I honestly assumed that they would completely alter the story line somehow and make it to where Ned escapes. But yeah, that's not going to happen. Hopefully it doesn't turn viewers off too badly.

I think for sure viewers will tune into the season finale. Most because they want to see what happens and how a show would have the balls to kill off the main character, and some probably because they will think it was a trick and Ned is still alive. And the last scene of the finale, if it's the last scene of the book, will probably bring back all the viewers despite Ned's demise (at least I hope). And, people are going to hate Joffrey so much they might keep tuning in to see him get his comeuppance. (I'm actually more worried about the ending of season 2, if it ends like the books, the "bad guys" are still in power and at that point some viewers might lose interest when things keep getting worse for the Starks).

I wouldn't really care if viewers were lose over Ned's death / RW, that would just mean people had an attachment to the characters and to get feelings like that over TV is cool.

Well nobody has said anything yet...if they are going to have a tower of joy scene this is pretty much the last chance for it lol. Would they actually not have the scene in the series?

The good part about a TV series is that ToJ can happen whenever - we don't need a Ned POV for it to come out. They can just show it anytime, as a cold open to a season, perhaps, or in an episode in a later season full of flashbacks - for example if the third book is split into 2 seasons, each season will need some filler, based on the relative lengths of AGoT and ASoS. So this is by no means the last chance for ToJ - it is however probably the last chance for this season, as there simply won't be time if they don't do it while Ned is in the black cells. Doing it in a later season would just require a one-episode recall for Bean, which lends credence to the idea of a single "flashback" episode at some point.

This is what I'm worried about. When I first heard that HBO was making a series and that Sean Bean (probably the most widely known actor on the show) was being cast as Ned I was shocked...

No one should be too surprised to see a Sean Bean character die. This is a guy who apparently only reads the first half of a script and says, "Heck yeah, this character seems awesome! I can't wait to start working on this series over the next few years!"

It's only halfway through shooting that he's rereading his lines for the next scene and is all, "...arrow after arrow and... ...how the hell am I going to be in part two after this?"

Well nobody has said anything yet...if they are going to have a tower of joy scene this is pretty much the last chance for it lol. Would they actually not have the scene in the series?

Before the show they said there were not going to be any dream/flashback scenes. Obviously they have included some of Bran's dreams because they play a more important role in the story (so far). I assume they will start episode 10 with Bran's dream confirming the death of Ned. I'm not optimistic at seeing the ToJ scene.

No one should be too surprised to see a Sean Bean character die. This is a guy who apparently only reads the first half of a script and says, "Heck yeah, this character seems awesome! I can't wait to start working on this series over the next few years!"

It's only halfway through shooting that he's rereading his lines for the next scene and is all, "...arrow after arrow and... ...how the hell am I going to be in part two after this?"

he is in part two of that! In the extended edition anyway :P

LOL... one of my friends linked this on my Facebook page after I made some comment about re-watching the first LOTR movie and enjoying Sean Bean as Boromir:

http://www.digitalpimponline.com/strips.php?title=movie&id=229

Before the show they said there were not going to be any dream/flashback scenes. Obviously they have included some of Bran's dreams because they play a more important role in the story (so far). I assume they will start episode 10 with Bran's dream confirming the death of Ned. I'm not optimistic at seeing the ToJ scene.

In the promotion clips there was a scene that pretty likely had to be one or the other (or more likely a combination). If this scene does make the cut, then they will have bent their rules a bit.

spoilerish pic

In the promotion clips there was a scene that pretty likely had to be one or the other (or more likely a combination). If this scene does make the cut, then they will have bent their rules a bit.

spoilerish pic

It will be amazing to see what this scene accomplishes in the end. It does look a lot like Ned, but it may not be. The ToJ will have to be played out subtley for the show, I know this because its too deep and enriched with plot/symbolism to film straight up and throw on TV. If we do get the essence of Lyanna and ToJ it may be through a POV TV experience - Ned present at the death of his kin. I agree completely Pat. or Ned's doppleganger found his way into the show. :owned:

spoilerish pic

Maybe they'll change the manner of his death to be more like how his brother/father died. I hope not, I liked the book's version in this.

I think Baelor the Blessed wouldn't really sound as good as a title such as Baelor, since single word titles tend to have more significance ascribed to them.

Which of the current novels of the Fice series do you like best? Game, Clash, Storm, or Feast?

Do you think that when Ned is killed, the non-readers who don't know the next books will think the story is ending?

Maybe if they turn it off during the credits before the preview of the next episode. I could see people becoming disinterested after the main character dies.

I'm trying to remember if the book says why the Great Sept of Baelor was chosen as the location for Ned's "confession." Humiliation factor, I guess? It seems to me that it would be a great place to stage an execution, not a pardon (spilled blood profaning the steps of the sept notwithstanding).

Which of the current novels of the Fice series do you like best? Game, Clash, Storm, or Feast?

Maybe if they turn it off during the credits before the preview of the next episode. I could see people becoming disinterested after the main character dies.

The show has no need for those kinds of people. I can see most people going WTF, but, knowing there will be another episode, they wait for the next week preview.

Archived