[Book Spoilers] EP107 Discussion

Ran

I say this. I don't know why everyone gets their damn feathers ruffled over this shit. 'I could care less' is as equally meaningful as the 'proper' way of saying it because it usually includes sarcasm. Sarcasm often entails saying the opposite of the truth. Usually when people say this phrase, there is an underlying element of sarcasm and/or defiance. Thus, I could care less = I couldn't care less.

So Jaime was just letting his inner teenager out.

I get that, but the phrase still doesn't sound right to me. No need to spread a layer of sarcasm on a phrase that's already pretty biting like "I couldn't care less". But it's not a big deal.

A joke you made, right? RIght? Right?

:shocked:

No, but it is just conjecture as to what some of the responses might be, rather than "Oh, George wrote it, therefore I/we have no objections."

ETA: Haha. Just as I hit post, I read this on Not A Blog:

In a series like this, scenes sometimes get moved from episode to episode, so not everything you'll see tonight will be mine(except in the sense that is all based on my books, of course). F'rinstance, the bit in the previews, with Tyrion and Bronn in the Mountains of the Moon, that was originally meant to be in episode seven, and was moved into "The Pointy End" during editing. So that scene, and the encounter with the clansmen, was written by David and Dan.

So there you go, one more reason people might give, rather than just accept as-is.

Archived