[Book Spoilers] Preview is up on HBO's site.

Bowl o' Brown

Preview is available here.

Scenes seen in the preview:

• Arya flees into the dark halls torch in hand. Likely after KG comes for her during her dancing lesson.
  • Finally a San+San scene for all you NMH fans. Sandor comes for Sansa, likely to bring her to Cersei.
  • Cersei gets Sansa to write the missive to her family.
  • Robb and Cate receive news/Sansa's letter from KL.
  • Varys meets Ned in the dungeon. "Who do you serve!"
  • Jon's vows are put to the test when news from KL arrives. Maybe Aemon will reveal his Targ heritage?
  • Jon fights a wight.
  • Drogo's Khalazar does a bit of raping & pillaging after leaving Vaes Dothrak.
  • Drogo duels/fights.. likely getting wounded in the process.
  • 4 or 5 KGs draw their swords in the throne room.. possibly Ser Barristan's dismissal?

Wow. This episode is going to be insane!!

How are the newbies supposed to follow this?

No thread yet, and wanted to get the ball rolling on this episode, because judging by the preview, it's gonna be badass....

HBO official site preview: http://www.hbo.com/game-of-thrones#/game-of-thrones/episodes/1/08-the-pointy-end/video/preview.html/eNrjcmbO0CzLTEnNd8xLzKksyUx2zs8rSa0oYc5nLlTPz0mBCQckpqf6JeamsjFyMjKySSeWluQX5CRW2pYUlQLFAFv-Fzg=

And for those who can't view it on HBO.com, here's the preview from YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q653MMhri3A

Looks like George & Rory have brought back the Hound's rasping laugh - Hurrah! :D

These shots are wonderfully moodily shot...

Conleth Hill is doing cracking work as Varys, I'm looking forward to his chat with Ned!

Bad times for the Stark kids. Good luck to the actors playing them! Do you think non-readers will be sufficiently invested in them to continue watching post-Baelor? I think The Pointy End will be Sansa & Robb's episode by the looks of it. We'll see...

NM... oh. Nevermind! :D

Next week looks excellent. Can't wait for Arya's scenes. Generally curious to see what GRRM thinks is important at this point! (10-minute Ned/Varys sex scene, anyone...?)

Is Sandor the one who kills Septa Mordane? I can't remember.

Joffrey just shows Sansa the head and says she was a traitor, there's no mention of whodunnit.

Is there any chance that we get Tower of Joy this week?

Well, Ned doesn't look feverish, or really any worse for wear. In the books he was sick and in pain, wasn't he? I know the ToJ doesn't necessarily have to be a fever dream, but it seemed like it was in the books.

After no new show this past week I'm freaking pumped

I only have to wait a week since a new show! This is why I'm almost glad that TimeWarnerCable doesn't offer HBO-Go. Almost. :smoking:

Anyway, tons of good stuff here. I'm looking forward to them fleshing out Robb a bit more, I'm hoping they'll give him a lot of meaningful screen time so his episode 10 stuff resonates louder with the viewers.

Also looking forward to more Sansa. Honestly, I really like the portrayal of Sansa in the show, I think the young lady playing her is doing a good job, even though she's a bit less naive and more...well...bitchy than in the books. But she hasn't really gotten a chance to do anything meaningful since episode 2 (although her conversation with Ned and Arya in episode 6 was pretty good), so this'll give yet another child actor a chance to shine.

I'm a little worried about Drogo getting wounded...they've built him up as an awesome badass this entire season but the viewers have only seen him kill Viserys and fuck, two things that aren't very difficult to do. Hope they at least let him kill a few mofos before he gets injured.

So excited!!! These last three have some good shit in them!

[*]Finally a San+San scene for all you NMH fans. Sandor comes for Sansa, likely to bring her to Cersei.

After weeks of NHM, I am SO EXCITED to finally get some H!!!! :wideeyed:

This episode looks FANTASTIC.

I wonder if we can go one week without seeing Ros's snapper.

[*]4 or 5 KGs draw their swords in the throne room.. possibly Ser Barristan's dismissal?

You can see Selmy's head moving into the bottom right of the screen just before the edit, it's definitely his dismissal scene. Hopefully we get bad-ass Barristan slaying gold cloaks left right and centre on his way out.

this will be an awesome episode I feel.

Don't think it is jon's chat with maester Aemon, I thought I read about that scene being in episode 9. besides there is a hell of a lot to cover in the episode so I don't think that will be in the episode.

question though: did jon recieve longclaw before he spoke with maester Aemon or later?

Is there any chance that we get Tower of Joy this week?

No. :laugh:

There's a brief shot of a knight in full armour facing Syrio in the preview. Maybe he'll finally, definitely, die.

Joffrey looks hella creepy with the crown.

Looks like Cat trying to argue Robb out of going to war, for the sake of his sisters.

Didn't I see a brief flash of Charles Dance doing THE STARE? I swear, whatever part he plays, when he does that slow turn of the head and nails you with THE STARE, its like you got pinned to a dartboard, with the dart right through the forehead.

:uhoh:

"Looks like Cat trying to argue Robb out of going to war, for the sake of his sisters."

It’s presented that way in the trailer, but I bet she is actually yelling at Lysa.

It will be interesting to see how these last three episodes are written/paced. There is so much material left to tell, and I’m getting kinda afraid the remaining material won’t be allowed to breathe properly.

You can see Selmy's head moving into the bottom right of the screen just before the edit, it's definitely his dismissal scene. Hopefully we get bad-ass Barristan slaying gold cloaks left right and centre on his way out.

:fencing:

yeah and hopefully Syrio gets a decent portion of screen time as well. I loved his fight with the guards in the books, but it was a bit annoying there was never any real closure on it. The most likely outcome was that Ser Meryn ended up killing him. I've always held open a slight hope he managed to escape though :hat:

GRRM knows about all the theories regarding Syrio. He is writing this episode. This is an excellent chance to put fan arguments and theories about Syrio to rest. He better take that chance, or he will be one cruel mofo.

GRRM knows about all the theories regarding Syrio. He is writing this episode. This is an excellent chance to put fan arguments and theories about Syrio to rest. He better take that chance, or he will be one cruel mofo.

Unless of course if the theories hold some merit...then he'll probably just purposely leave us in the dark. :smoking:

Archived