First review of ADWD

Werthead

Whether the review is legitimate or not is irrelevant since it contains no additional information we were not already privy to with the possible exception of her reference to numerous Arya chapters when, previously, we were led to believe she only had two or three at the most.

I'd link this with a possible fake Aegon. If one of Elia's children was still alive would that not stir up a few Dornishmen?

Of course there are other possibilities - Gregor not being dead, Quentyn dying...

My guess is Tommen dies.

I need some context, what does this mean?

The last comment, by a guy named Matthew, totally nerd rages on her for saying "most (all?) AFFC characters aren't in ADWD." Which is probably why Matthew will not be hooking up with Ania any time soon.

I'd link this with a possible fake Aegon. If one of Elia's children was still alive would that not stir up a few Dornishmen?

Yes. Good thinking. The only thing that I could imagine would require an immediate Dornish POV chapter would be the death of Quentyn Martell. But Aegon Targaryen rising from the ashes and crowning himself somewhere across the Narrow Sea...

Doran Martell would try and hook a marriage up in there asap. "Would you like to meet your cousin, Arianne?".

Also - presumably Varys and Illyrio know they are hooking Tyrion up with fake Aegon.

The Televisionary blog has tweeted they have a review copy of ADWD and are reading it now. I'm guessing they will be subject to the embargo like everyone else.

The Televisionary blog has tweeted they have a review copy of ADWD and are reading it now. I'm guessing they will be subject to the embargo like everyone else.

When is it lifted?

I assume the first review we got two weeks ago severely broke the embargo, or was it a special case?

When is it lifted?

I assume the first review we got two weeks ago severely broke the embargo, or was it a special case?

That was Publisher's Weekly, vitally important to the bookselling trade, who need to do reviews as early as possible to help stores with ordering and so on. So, they're 1) a special case and 2) the embargo was only announced a couple of days ago, so they posted their review whilst it was still open season (as did the Goodreads reviewer, assuming she's legit), so there isn't a problem.

Well I was a bit dismayed at the lengthy list of PoVs, so I hope that list is just to get the story over a hump and there will be considerable trimming of PoVs for tWoW.

Other than that I'm salivating for this book to arrive. Hopefully I'll get through a re-read of aSoS before aDwD comes out, then I can read the new book with Storm fresh in my mind and maybe to a re-read of AfFC after.

No reviews are coming out much earlier than the release date. Anyone who has a copy now is embargoed, or effectively embargoed.

I feel the pre-July 12 embargo will prove ineffective in any event. Going by recent high-profile fantasy releases, lucky non-VIP readers will have the book in their hands by July 6 or 7 at the latest and will have no qualms about posting reviews and major spoilers as well.

Yes, I figure within a week of the release date is not "much earlier". I would suppose the review embargo will likely go up around the 5th, and the official reviews will start appearing then.

Yes, I figure within a week of the release date is not "much earlier". I would suppose the review embargo will likely go up around the 5th, and the official reviews will start appearing then.

Ran - do you have the manuscript? Are you one of the early readers? Blink once if yes, twice if no.

i just had this strange email from amazon germany,where I preorderd ADWD, and it looks as if they are shipping my copy tomorrow...

I'm not complaining,but it seems strange that we germans should have the us-copy of the book in our hands before you guys and girls do. :shocked:

i just had this strange email from amazon germany,where I preorderd ADWD, and it looks as if they are shipping my copy tomorrow...

I'm not complaining,but it seems strange that we germans should have the us-copy of the book in our hands before you guys and girls do. :shocked:

If you haven't already, check the this thread in the General ASOIAF section.

Archived