First review of ADWD

Werthead

I think Gerion would be the more interesting of the characters 'revived'.

I see Gerion's name mentioned a lot. Is there a reason why, or is it just speculation? He was only mentioned once or twice, and never struck me as someone who we would see in the future.

I see Gerion's name mentioned a lot. Is there a reason why, or is it just speculation? He was only mentioned once or twice, and never struck me as someone who we would see in the future.

Speculation mainly. He buggered off to Valyria ten years ago and never came back; now Tyrion is headed East too. It would be cool if he discovered what happened to his favourite uncle. There's also the vague theorising about the Sailor's Wife.

If I crack open Dance and find Gerion is the mystery POV, my grin shall be visible from space.

I think Benjin will 'come back' either as cold hands or as himself. It is my belief Jon Snow is a Targaryen and who else besides Benjin Stark could reveal that truth?

Howland Reed or whatever midwife might have been present at the ToJ

Now this is really thinking outside the box, but I have this odd theory that the man beheaded as Ned Stark, may have been a faceless man that Varys made appear to look like Ned Stark, remember In the Aria POV, she said " a man that didn't even look much like the father she remembered" was taken to Baelor's sept. I know this is kind of farfetched, especially for my very first post, but I would appreciate some feedback. By the way on another note I read all four books from A Song Of Ice and Fire for the first time over the last month and a half and I absolutely love this forum and the great ideas people post for suggestions of what might or might not be, and especially the spoilers into A Dance With Dragons. Feel bad for those of you that have been waiting since 2005-2006 for this release, can't wait for July 12th to get here.

Like I said it's from way out of left field, but with Martin, you never know what type of twist Martin might throw at us, plus if Varys did intend on putting the Targaryn's back in power, and he was present when Ned asked Robert to spare Dany's life and if their is any truth to the L+R=J theory and Varys had any knowledge of this that would play key points in his thought process. Again like I said very farfetched, but just trying to present all possibilities. Remember in the last Ned POV he was in a cell still. We read about his death from other P.O.V. Character chapters.

Now this is really thinking outside the box, but I have this odd theory that the man beheaded as Ned Stark, may have been a faceless man that Varys made appear to look like Ned Stark, remember In the Aria POV, she said " a man that didn't even look much like the father she remembered" was taken to Baelor's sept. I know this is kind of farfetched, especially for my very first post, but I would appreciate some feedback. By the way on another note I read all four books from A Song Of Ice and Fire for the first time over the last month and a half and I absolutely love this forum and the great ideas people post for suggestions of what might or might not be, and especially the spoilers into A Dance With Dragons. Feel bad for those of you that have been waiting since 2005-2006 for this release, can't wait for July 12th to get here.

Martin has stated that Ned is dead.

I really appreciate the feedback and if Martin stated that Ned is done then that rules out any chance to this. Thank all that responded for your prompt reply's to my self proclaimed crazy theory. In my defense to the theory all I can think of is Martin's connection to The Twilight Zone. I have made a couple of other theories (crazy to say the least) in other threads and can only hope I get half the feedback on this as I got on this theory. So again thank you for all reply's. I looks forward to more discussions with people as knowledgable as yourselfs on this board.

Let's discuss the "peace accords" mentioned. There appear to be two wars a-brewin' in ADWD. Dany & allies vs the world, and the clusterfuck in the North.

I can't see the peace accord being signed by Dany, unless she is overthrown and her usurper comes to that agreement. Otherwise, I think we're going to see outright war in Slaver's Bay.

I could see two of the three factions - Stannis, the Ironborn and the Boltons - signing a peace agreement and allying to crush the other. I could see Roose Bolton changing allegiance from the Iron Throne to Stannis. Especially when news reaches the North of Cersei's demise and the seeming collapse of the Tyrell/Lannister Dream Team.

I could see two of the three factions - Stannis, the Ironborn and the Boltons - signing a peace agreement and allying to crush the other. I could see Roose Bolton changing allegiance from the Iron Throne to Stannis. Especially when news reaches the North of Cersei's demise and the seeming collapse of the Tyrell/Lannister Dream Team.

Would Stannis not have Roose beheaded for the murder of his liege lord and general involvement with the Red Wedding? I think the opposite is more likely, Stannis allying with Asha Greyjoy. We know that Asha needs to get Theon back if she is going to have any hope of sitting the Seastone Chair, that would be one less northern Lord for Stannis to deal with.

Why wouldn't Dany want to sign a peace accord, considering we don't even know what may be in it? Especially since we expect her to leave Meereen and the whole area by around the end of the book, which could well be a demand from the "other" party (allthough it's probably also what Dany would want at that time, anyway). A peace accord is only a bad thing if she lost and the opponent(s) is dictating (outrageous) terms to her.

I definitely agree with that assertion Sualk. I cannot see the Bolton's making peace with King Stannis though, for any reason. This includes the others. Roose is the Lannister pawn and now Warden of the North who is tasked with eliminating Stannis. I don't see that peace accord. I also cant see Dany making peace with the Ghiscari's and slave masters either. Hopefully the North and East will remain chaotic and interesting as in previous books. Though my hope is that the Bolton's will somehow be punished by the end of ADWD. But i somehow think the Bolton's will remain in power in the North until the end of the series when are toppled by the rightful Stark heir. It would seem typical for a series.

I can't envision it to be honest. If there are peace treaties to be had -- and the reviews indicate there are -- I would look elsewhere first. Then again, I'm rather unconventional in how I think the story with respect to Stannis will play out. In my case, a peace treaty between Asha/Theon and Jon Snow/Howland Reed/Rickon Stark is more likely than any involving Stannis.

Agreed with Sualk's suggestion of Mace-Kevan-High Septon. Which would bode well for Margaery's survival and maybe for Cersei's as well, but bad for the latters power as none of the parties has any reason to like her (but probably reason enough to not want a public execution either, especially not with Tommen around).

Archived