Can't view profiles or send PM's

Arbor Gold

Someone should clearly put in a filter that changes all instances of 'I can't edit my profile' or 'search isn't working' to 'I am apparently incapable of looking at other threads that describe my exact problem on the front page of this very forum'.

Someone should clearly put in a filter that changes all instances of 'I can't edit my profile' or 'search isn't working' to 'I am apparently incapable of looking at other threads that describe my exact problem on the front page of this very forum'.

Hey, now, I had that problem for the first time a few months ago and had no reason to think it was because the board was flooded and hence the feature was cut off. I thought I'd done something to get put in the corner for. Since then, obviously, I know the real problem.

The first thing I did was ask if I'd done something wrong. When I got the response that I had not, I then took the time to find out that, yes, the board was overwhelmed.

It's not exactly clear as day the first time it happens to you, y'know.

I've got a PM I can't get at...

N

I actually got one recently that I still cannot open...

Try early in the AM, Eastern Time (-5GMT). As of right now, profiles and PMs function. The server gets overloaded at around noon ET, which is when the workday in the United States is in full swing across all of the time zones, and that's about when Ran turns PMs and profiles back off.

Temporary measure to reduce the chances of trolls coming to the forum and spamming spoilers. Access will be restored after the book is published on July 12. :)

Hello! New to the forums (they are great, btw) and I am having the same (Error #10245) can't view profiles issue as of today.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. B)

Ah, that's because you've not written an approved post or two in one of the forums that increment the post count (e.g. Help doesn't increment). This is to prevent spammers from using the profiles to sneak in spam links and the like.

Ah, that's because you've not written an approved post or two in one of the forums that increment the post count (e.g. Help doesn't increment). This is to prevent spammers from using the profiles to sneak in spam links and the like.

Ah! Well then I guess I better get to posting! Thanks for the info, much appreciated. :thumbsup:

I am also getting the errors - And I am a long time board member. I can't read / send PMs, and can't view profiles.

HALP!

FYI - Specific errors:

[#10245] You are not permitted to view member profiles.

[#10227] You are not allowed to use the private messaging system.

Guys,

Please note the earlier explanations for these errors that still apply and will do until a new server is in use.

As has been posted in this thread before, that will occur in August.

Thanks.

Guys,

Please note the earlier explanations for these errors that still apply and will do until a new server is in use.

As has been posted in this thread before, that will occur in August.

Thanks.

Sorry - I got thrown off by Ran's last two posts.

Archived