Can't view profiles or send PM's

Arbor Gold

Hi,

Though I am rumored to be as unique as everyone else, I am having a similar problem to several other posters. I have just registered and was trying to access my profile to have it say something nominally meaningful when I got this discouraging message:

[#10245] You are not permitted to view member profiles.

Useful Links

•Forgotten Password Recovery

•Register a new account

•Our help documentation

•Contact the forums administrator

I am just a young girl :rolleyes: with no experience (of anything) but I suspect that this can be fixed?

Please help.

I hope this problem will be solved soon ^^ I can't even fix my avatar / details, and I'm not even talking about the other issues.

EDIT: and since this is my first post and I haven't been able to see my profile, I don't know why is there Namie Amuro on my avatar, but oh well... o_o

EDIT: I don't know if this had been posted before, but I've got a tip for those who can't access their profiles.

Go to your settings page (I believe everyone is able to access, just like me) and then add &tab=members to the link and voila! This works for me, and as you can see, I was able to edit my profile. Maybe this can work for seeing your PMs or even other people's profiles.

EDIT: I don't know if this had been posted before, but I've got a tip for those who can't access their profiles.

Go to your settings page (I believe everyone is able to access, just like me) and then add &tab=members to the link and voila! This works for me, and as you can see, I was able to edit my profile. Maybe this can work for seeing your PMs or even other people's profiles.

I tried this and got...

[#1026] You are not permitted to modify all or some of your profile information.

I tried this and got...

[#1026] You are not permitted to modify all or some of your profile information.

Hmmm that's weird, it works for me, and now I'm even able to go to my profile page if I go first to the setting section, and then click on the profile tab. Are you sure you didn't change the whole link, but just added that part?

Hmmm that's weird, it works for me, and now I'm even able to go to my profile page if I go first to the setting section, and then click on the profile tab. Are you sure you didn't change the whole link, but just added that part?

This is the entire link:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=members

Is that how I should do it?

If you read the rest of the thread, the board is put in "performance mode" during high-traffic times (which is most of the day). PMs and profiles are still functional during off-hours (i.e. infrequently); this is because the board is now experiencing much higher traffic (post ADWD) than it ever has before. There are plans for a server upgrade of some sort that should fix the issue; we'll be told once this occurs.

If you read the rest of the thread, the board is put in "performance mode" during high-traffic times (which is most of the day). PMs and profiles are still functional during off-hours (i.e. infrequently); this is because the board is now experiencing much higher traffic (post ADWD) than it ever has before. There are plans for a server upgrade of some sort that should fix the issue; we'll be told once this occurs.

I would recommend that they change the error message.

ex. ERROR 12345: Profiles are disabled from 8:00am to 11:pm EST.

That would save a lot of posting, IMO...

A quick google search seems to indicate that you can change error messages by editing the lang files, which are probably all cache/lang_cache/en/lang*. You'd have to find the one that contains that particular error string, though. It may be lang_error.php, but I'm not sure what other files are under that path.

I just made a post about this and now I feel stupid. I'm getting the same problem with viewing my profile and editing it.

My account has been approved/activated by myself and an administrator but I get the following message when I try to view my profile:

[#10245] You are not permitted to view member profiles.

And this one when I try to modify it on my settings:

Archived