Edmure Tully

11th Heaven

I don't like Edmure at all, he lacks the discipline that was needed to fight the war against the Lannisters. A true man needs never prove anything to anyone yet thats all that fool did was. His actions were always for the wrong reasons he wanted to be the one who was known to win the battles. A true man would have known bugger the credit as long as the job got done with fewest causalities.

Robb was far younger than Edmure but infinitely wiser, granted having Ned as a father helped make him the leader he was. I have to assume that Hoster Tully was good man and taught his son well but the fools ego was his downfall.

I don't like Edmure at all, he lacks the discipline that was needed to fight the war against the Lannisters. A true man needs never prove anything to anyone yet thats all that fool did was. His actions were always for the wrong reasons he wanted to be the one who was known to win the battles. A true man would have known bugger the credit as long as the job got done with fewest causalities.

Robb was far younger than Edmure but infinitely wiser, granted having Ned as a father helped make him the leader he was. I have to assume that Hoster Tully was good man and taught his son well but the fools ego was his downfall.

Robb and Edmure are in completely different situations. Robb doesn't have to worry about civilian casualties or the destruction of the Riverlands. Any sacrifices Robb makes are to men who have volunteered to be part of his army whereas Edmure has to worry about the smallfolks lives as well as their lands, for Edmure its pointless beating the Lannisters if it costs the entire agriculture of the Riverlands right before Winter yet for Robb thats just a bit more collateral damage.

I quite like Edmure, and believe he sould get some credits, especially in-story. Despite his best efforts, it always seems to other characters that he's the one that screwed up, and in most cases they were being unfair to him.

I honestly hope his current situation will take a turn (or several turns) for the better.

Archived