Pick 10 characters you think will survive at the end of the series

Ariadne101

I think one more Stark is going to die, and I think it may be Jon, because, as I've said elsewhere, what do you do after you've been the secretly royal resurrected reincarnated demi-god who saves the world? Anyhoo, my list, which may be mostly a wish list:

1. Bran

2. Rickon

3. Arya

4. Sansa

5. Hodor

6. Davos

7. Tyrion (although I think his death would be more interesting)

8. Brienne

9. Sam

10. Margaery

And I've probably just condemned half that list to death -- my favorites never win.

1. Sansa Stark : Because the little girl who dreamt of the southern knights, ladies and palaces grew up. She needs to return home, now she understands its worth better.

2. Samwell Tarly : The craven who never lived up to his father's expectations will become the legendary maester of the night's watch (or what will replace the nw)

3. Rickon Stark : I cannot see Bran living as a man. So Rickon it is.

4. Davos Seaworth : He already died when his sons did (as mentioned somewhere in the thread) and deserves a little bit of peace.

5. Brienne of Tarth : Will become the first female member of the Kingsguard or the Nights Watch. Will never marry or bear children. Will carry oathkeeper to the end of her days.

6. Theon Greyjoy : Because he learnt his lesson (I'm very sorry to say). The romantic in me wants him and Jeyne healing each other.

7. Arianne Martell : Dorne needs someone like her.

8. Gendry Waters/Edric Stone : I want them both survive but I'm thinking it's going to be Edric. Gendry will die with Arya or it will involve Arya somehow.

9. Eddard Dayne : Lord of Starfall. Just because I love him.

10. Greatjon Umber : Because he's the most awesome northman.

The character's I want to survive but ..

Jon : Simply because I love Jon and since why I love Jon will take more than a few sentences I'll just say this : At this point I don't care if he's R+L's son (ok I do but..), I don't care whether he will stay at the watch or crowned king or will shoot fire from his eyeballs and lightning from his a** . I want him to survive so of course he will die.

Tyrion : I love Tyrion as much as the next person but him surviving the series...He survived so many odds already, I think his chance is getting slimmer and slimmer.

Jamie : I forgive Jamie, I can't forgive Jamie… He's a great character but I can't see him surviving. He will die just when he become a true knight. If he survives I can see him in Essos wondering around.

Arya : One of my favorite characters but cannot see her living with that darkness. In her case, peace is death where she can be with her family again.

Brandon : Will live but not as Brandon Stark. Maybe the next bloodraven, a heart tree, a skinchanger...

Dany : I'm almost sure she will die. Will never go home. She has a very specific point and goal. When the threat is gone she and her dragons will perish.

The Targaryen line will finish with the series I'm afraid and I don't think every house will be able to continue. Greyjoys, Tyrells, Tullys and Arryns is facing this threat. Damn Freys will continue to the end of time.

1-Sansa Stark

2- Arya Stark

3- Jon Snow

4- Samwell Tarly

5- Podrick Payne

6- Rickon Stark

7- Dolorous Edd

8- Davos Seaworth

9- Brandon Stark

10- Bronn

Reasons: All the Starks that are still alive won't be killed anymore, they have been through too much, and killing them now would be pointless.

Davos won't be killed after he killed Ned, the other adult moral center of the story.

Sam is also there so we can see his journey of growth, and to be part of the new guard that rules Westeros after the end.

Podrick already survived Blackwater and Lady Stoneheart. He'll probably be reunited with Tyrion at some point (who could be killed in a "kill your darlings" kind of thing).

Bronn because he's the kind of SOB that will survive pretty much anything. If he somehow is transported to 21st century Earth, in two months he is a successful henchmen.

Dolorous Edd is just too funny.

I think one more Stark is going to die, and I think it may be Jon, because, as I've said elsewhere, what do you do after you've been the secretly royal resurrected reincarnated demi-god who saves the world? Anyhoo, my list, which may be mostly a wish list:

true, still I doubt that GRRM will kill jon, or any of his characters that carter to a certain demographic. he will find a way.

I think the Starks that are left by now will survive, so Arya, Sansa, Bran and Rickon, that's 4, as much as I love Jon and I want him to be happy and awesome and last forever, I don't think he'll make it to the end :frown5: others that i think will survive: Sam, Brienne, Gendry, Theon, Jaime and Davos, maybe.

1. Arya Stark

2. Sansa Stark

3. Rickon Stark

4. Tyrion Lannister

5. Jon Snow (yeah I said it)

6. Samwell Tarly

7. Brienne

8. Bran Stark

9. Theon Greyjoy

10. Walder Frey (the twist is, he's alive, but everyone else in his family is dead)

I'm pulling for Davos to make it but I have a feeling he won't.

These are the biggies I expect to make it. I also think Edd Tollett will survive, for instance.

I think Stannis, the Boltons, Cersei, Jaime, Melisandre and, yes, Dany are goners.

I think one more Stark is going to die, and I think it may be Jon, because, as I've said elsewhere, what do you do after you've been the secretly royal resurrected reincarnated demi-god who saves the world?

Rule.

Think it's been shown Jon is probably the most capable and wise leader of anyone we've seen so far (he screwed up in sending his friends away, but other than that did a very impressive job). Pretty much every other leader candidate is more mistake prone, motivated by self-interest, or just evil. He's also the one guy most likely to look out for the interests of the whole realm and all peoples - whether they be wildlings or whoever.

And if the realm as a whole would rally behind any one ruler, it would be the son of Rhaeghar who was raised as a Stark - and of course he'll likely have a dragon. That gives him a lot of political capital. Especially if he marries Dany. Other potential leaders would be in much less stable positions, and so the game of thrones and instability would go on. For instance Stannis would make a good ruler probably, but he'd have too many enemies for his rule to be secure at all. It would be very hard to challenge the authority of Jon, Rhaeghar's heir who has the whole North as his allies (including a demi-god cousin who can be his super spy), and probably at least one dragon if not all three via marriage.

So I do believe Jon has a very high likelihood of surviving. Saving the world and then helping to heal it seems to be his character arc.

10. Walder Frey (the twist is, he's alive, but everyone else in his family is dead)

:agree:

I want some of the bad guys and girls to survive. You see, if a good guy survives it's a happy ending, definitely an ending, ride into sunset, happily ever after.

When "bad" characters survive, nothing is closed, so many questions left open, I lke that better, this story isn't about rewarding the just and punishing the sinners anyway, so we should not expect this to happen.

For example I only want Sansa to survive if she has gone over to the dark side before, she might eventually come back and find a somewhat crooked future. But nice prince or valiant warrior, castle, garden, dog and many happy children - no thank you, Twilight is another book and I am too old for that nonsense. Then better dead.

I want Arya to survive, because she is a broken personality, held together by pure energy. Her survival could never be anything but an open ending, because how should she ever fit into a somewhat normal life again after having been a professional killer? Interesting read.

Of course I somehow would want Tyrion to survive, I love that so very creatively invented character. I see him going even more into darkness, perhaps allying with a benevolent terror regime à la Daeneris, committing horrible war crimes but in the end doing the important good deed to save the universe, maybe the arc opposed to Sansa who might well be the evil one in the end and one might kill the other - don't know who will kill whom.

Tyrion surviving in a position of power but full of bitterness alone in a cold castle is well possible or finding some love but losing everything else - a lot better but not a genuinely happy ending.

Theon is another candidate for survival in sadness and an uncertain or bitter future, something that would only be fitting for those hard and grisly iron islands - except if Asha takes over.

And Daeneris - will she survive? She is strong, stubborn, clever, funny sometimes , outright stupid and cruel as well as compassionate and understanding at other times. And on that messianic trip " blood of the dragon", not listening to any reason so far. I love that girl but I see few chances for her.

As well Cersei and Jaime, being sooo interesting, wiil probably offer us most interesting deaths.

If "grey" characters survive there is always that extremely fascinating topic of morality. How they will go on living with their guilt, seeing it in their face whenever they shave or brush their hair, no one will punish them except themselves in their worst dreams. So much more intriguing than simple bliss.

1. Wyman Manderly- He's too awsome. I think he will be King in the North.

2. Littlefinger- There is nobody who can outsmart him. And I don't believe that Sansa will be a less ruthless LF. LF would be nowhere without being ruthless.

3. Dolorous Edd.

4. Bronn

5. Olyvar Frey

6. Edric Dayne

7. The reader

8. Lady Oakheart

9. Leo Tyrell

10. Red Ronnet Connington

I don't think there'll be 10 major characters alive by the end of this series, so I've cut my list down to 5. (I suppose I could've padded it out with minor characters like Willas Tyrell who'll probably survive by default, but I'd rather just focus on the big names.)

1. Rickon Stark- Seems like the entire reason the character exists is so there'll still be someone left to carry on the Stark line.

2. Sansa Stark- Generally her life doesn't seem to be in danger very often, so she'll probably survive.

3. Samwell Tarly- Same thing. He had some close calls in ASoS but I think he's out of harm's way now.

4. Bran Stark- Sort of. I think his consciousness will survive in some form, perhaps in Summer, even if his physical body dies.

5. Walder Frey- I agree that he'll probably be left as the only surviving member of his family. Maybe one of the good Freys like Olyvar will survive, only to pull a Jaime and join the Night's Watch or the Church, leaving old Walder without an heir and ensuring that House Frey ends with him.

I really want Arya, Jon, Tyrion, and Jaime to survive, but they all seem marked for death. I suppose Arya would be the most likely of those four to live, not that that's saying much. The Lannister brothers are almost certainly not going to survive, as much as I'd like them to. Hopefully one of them will at least take Cersei down to Hell with him.

Archived