Pick 10 characters you think will survive at the end of the series

Ariadne101

Well I hope NONE of the frays survive... even better I hope old walder frey sees all his family crumble away in front of him.....

I think I twitch everytime I come across one in the books....lol

If grey scale spreads.......who knows who'll live?

I hope Sandor, Sansa, Arya, Jon, Rickon, Bran, Jaime and Dany all live.

1. Sansa Stark
  2. Samwell Tarly
  3. Asha Greyjoy
  4. Davos Seaworth
  5. Olenna Redwine
  6. Bronn
  7. Jeyne Westerling
  8. Gendry
  9. Mya Stone
  10. Hotpie

I don't know about any of the major POV characters, as most of them seem to be fated to have troubled lives no matter what the outcome of the story will be. However, I'm fairly certain Sansa will make it out all the way through; with her tactfulness and grooming under Littlefinger, I suspect she will either become the next Lady of the Eyrie, Lady of Winterfell, or Queen of Westeros. I just don't think she's grown into her own yet, but at the same time I think she will have a happy outcome.

I think in the last book all bets will be off and GRRM will feel free to kill off whichever beloved characters he pleases.

• 6 months later...

1. Sansa

2. Davos

3. Gendry

4. Rickon

5. Samwell

6. Jon

7. Bran

I am quite certain these will survive. I think GRRM is playing with the idea to kill off all the Lannisters - everybody seems fairly certain that at least Jaime will die, followed by Cersei. If Tyrion would die, however, all the big players of the Lannister side are gone...which could do justice to the title 'A Time for Wolves' as the Lannisters have been a direct threat to the Stark kids.... (by the way, shame that GRRM decided to drop the title).

I am not optimistic about the faith of Dany - letting all the players of the Targaryen line die (I consider Aegon to be one until the future books disprove it) seems just the bittersweet ending fit for GRRM's novels...

I think

1) Bran

2) Rickon

3) Arya

4) Sansa

5) Asha

6) Sam

are pretty safe. I couldn't make it to 10 and I'm not even sure about those to be honest. I hope Jon, Davos, Brienne, Tommen, Jorah and a fair few others make it too but since the ending will be 'bittersweet', this is GRRM we're talking about and even the most important characters won't have any plot armour by the end of Dream of Spring I'm not too optimistic.

1. Bran Stark

2. Arya Stark

3. Sansa Stark

4. Rickon Stark (If he kills any of the surviving Starks, I will kill him.)

5. Cersei Lannister

6. Davos Seaworth

7. Arianne Martell

I'm struggling to think of any other POVs who I think will definitely survive, so the next few are minor characters.

8. Edmure Tully

9. Jeyne Westerling (As with the Starks, if he kills Jeyne or Edmure, GRRM gets it)

10. Shireen Baratheon (Without her the Baratheons die out)

Archived