Pick 10 characters you think will survive at the end of the series

Ariadne101

Wow, ten? That's going to be tough. I really don't think ten major characters are going to survive, but here are who I think are the most likely candidates:

1. Tyrion Lannister

2. Theon Greyjoy

3. Asha Greyjoy

4. Rickon Stark

5. Bran Stark

6. Sansa Stark

7. Areo Hotah

8. Brienne of Tarth

9. Sam Tarly

10. Arianne Martell

1. Tyrion Lannister - don't think George could actually kill him off, and I certainly hope not.

2. Jon Snow - He'll become a king methinks. Not the one king, but a king of one of the 7K's.

3. Sansa Stark - Will continue the Stark line as the lady of winterfell.

4. Samwell Tarly - He will become GM, marry gilly and they will live happily ever after. Don't you dare tell me different.

5. Varys - The storms come and go, the big fish eat the little fish, and he keeps on paddling.

6. Illyrio - Same as Varys really. I can just imagine them rebuilding from scratch after losing everything.

7. Bronn - Bronn is currently the only character to end every book in a better position than in started in (except maybe LF.). I think that trend will continue.

8. Stannis - Against all odds I think he'll survive and sit the iron throne. The least likely winner of the game, winning. I like it.

9. Gilly - See Sam above.

10. Bran - As the Last Greenseer and his will be the dream of spring.

There's probably more I could think of and many I'm not sure of, but some characters I definitely think will die include: Dany, Arya, Rickon, Davos, Jaime, Brienne and Cersei.

Samwell Tarly. Rickon Stark. Willas Tyrell. Sansa Stark. Stannis Baratheon. Howland Reed. Brynden Tully. Petyr Baelish. Myrcella Waters.Tommen Waters.

(in no particular order)

1. Rickon

2. Gendry

3. Arya

4. Jon

5. Bran

6. Sam

7. Arianne

8. Sansa

9. Tommen

10. Bronn

Dany's fate, in my opinion, is really uncertain (or my general dislike for her has made me bias). As for Tyrion: yes, I know he is among GRRM's favourites, but I think he has a 50/50 chance of living out his life as the Lord of Casterly Rock or dying a hero's death.

What I think:

1. Arya

2. Bran

3. Rickon

4. Samwell Tarly

5. Dolorous Edd

6. Tyrion

7. Asha

8. Edmure

9. Jeyne Westerling (with Robb's child)

10. Meera and Hodor

What I hope:

1. Arya

2. Bran

3. Rickon

4. Dolorous Edd

5. Jon Snow

6. Meera Reed

7. Tyrion

8. UnCat (I find her very cool, though I hated Cat)

9. Tormund

10. Val

RE: 10 to Survive.

Arya:I have noticed that Arya is a favorite on many lists. I do not think Arya will make it to the end -- too much damage, too much killing. She could never marry Gendry and be a Lady of some castle ... not in the cards for her.

Bran: Frankly, I do not much care if Bran stays stuck in a tree :-)

Tyrion: Tyrion will die. His world is dangerous and cruel and he already has a significant disadvantage by being small. The odds are against him surviving.

Who do I think will survive of the main characters:

Sansa

Jon (I hope!)

Davos

Dany

Jamie

Samwell

The remaining Starks. I have a feeling none of them will die. (And being honest, the Starks have had quite a few BIG portions of doom already) They deserve to end up together.

Daenerys won't die, and I think Tyrion will survive too. Or die in an attempt to be as his brother Jaime and a song will be sung specifically for him.

1. Jon snow

2. Arya

3. Bran

4. Bronn

5. Varys

6. Arianne

7. Mycella

8. Jaime

9. Loras Tyrell

10. Dolorious Edd

Probably done for:

1. Petyr Baelish- has to happen. Not sure if it's at the hands of Sansa or robin

2. Cersei- just a matter of time

3. Tyrion- because I most people think Martin doesn't have the balls to do it, Tyrion will die. But will most likely commit some great act of selfless heroics in the process, redeeming his character.

4. Margery Tyrell- same deal as Cersei, it's just a matter of time

5. Doran Martell- he'll either see or die just before Arianne and the Sandsnakes restore his family to power.

6. Sansa- Martin isn't done with the Starks just yet. There are still too many of the children alive and still too many books remaining for there not to be another death in the family. And Sansa makes more sense than the rest (bran lives in a tree, Jon may be the messiah, Arya is on her way to becoming the Stark Avenger, and Rickon will become Lord of Winterfell with Manderly as his Regent)

7.Dany- not until the last book in one of the last chapters but it will come.

8. Stannis- lives just long enough to legitimize edric or gendry. Most likely edric.

9. Barriston Selmy- he'll die fighting either Jon Connington or Jaime Lannister. Either way it's a white knight showdown.

10. Sandor and Gregor Clegane. The hound and Robert Strong will both do what no man has been able to as of yet; kill each other for good.

1) Sansa

2) Bran

3) Sam Tarly

4) Marge Tyrell

5) Rickon

6) Gendry

Those are the only ones I actually would be surprised to see not make it through. I doubt very much that Dany, Jon, Tyrion and Arya are all going to die but I can't divine which of them is more likely to survive.

Those are the only ones I actually would be surprised to see not make it through. I doubt very much that Dany, Jon, Tyrion and Arya are all going to die but I can't divine which of them is more likely to survive.

Since reading the first book and seeing what happened to Ned, there's really no death in a GRRM book that would surprise me. That's why it was so hard coming up with this list for me.

Archived