Celebrity Fans

Ebenstone

Have you heard or seen any celebrity fans talking about the show? I've heard two:

Robin Quivers of the Howard Stern Show and NFL Network star Warren Sapp have both mentioned them.

How about you?

Adrianne Curry (Top Model Season 1 winner), too. And in the comic book world, Jim Lee and Andy Diggle were raving about the show, Peter David has expressed his enjoyment, and I believe Bill Willingham's a fan of both the novels and show; Diggle's just started reading, too, and said that the show's great, but the book's even richer.

Also, purely a Swedish thing, but former world record-holding high jumper, Patrik Sjöberg, is a fan -- followed our account for awhile and I saw him tweeting about the books.

Hodgman is an awesome, awesome guy, RTing our effort to get Jon Snow more votes in the Suvudu contest. Oh, and... let me see, Elizabeth Banks as well, and I believe Parris noted that someone from... it's either SNL or Parks & Recreation said they were a fan when they were at the TIME 100 Gala.

Damon Lindelof seems to be digging the show, and Carlton Cuse as well, despite the defensive sniping from Lindelof earlier on.

Jennifer Ehle - our original Catelyn - and Tricia Helfer (Six from BSG, who auditioned for Cersei but didn't get it) have both become fans of the books and indicated they'd watch the TV series. Haven't checked recent Tweets to see if they've actually been watching it though.

Omar liking the series is fricking awesome.

I saw a tweet from someone that was supposedly Elizabeth Banks, talking about the end of episode nine. I don't know if that was one of those verified celebrity twitter accounts, though.

ETA: Whoops, I see that Ran already mentioned her.

Mainstream comic artists Cully Hamner (who co-created Red with Warren Ellis, recently an action film) and Phil Noto (who did this awesome bit of fan art) are professed fans. Jim Lee OTOH made a sad face and revealed that an over-enthusiastic fan spoiled the finale for him.

Also, apparently the new Miss USA revealed (during the competition, I think?) she's a history geek, obsessed with the Stuarts and Tudors, and a big fan of Camelot, Star Wars... and Game of Thrones. She tweeted last week that the episode left her in tears... and "she knew what was coming", which makes me think she actually read the book.

Bill Corbett of RiffTrax (and MST3k before it, where he wrote and also provided the voice of Crow) is also a fan.

ETA: Obviously, this was a post left hanging for some hours, so missed ENikolai's posting the Miss USA info. :)

Bob Harper, trainer from Biggest Loser tweeted last night after the episode & again this morning about it:

MyTrainerBob Bob Harper

Did you watch the finale of Game of Thrones last night? I won't spoil anything but the end was CRAZY!! Loved it! Off to the gym..xo

Tricia Helfer (Six from BSG, who auditioned for Cersei but didn't get it) have both become fans of the books and indicated they'd watch the TV series.

That... would have been an interesting choice. Physically, she resembles beautiful Cersei and I can actually really see her having done a fantastic job. (though I think Lena Heady has been great)

who gives a fuck which celebrities watch? caring about the opinions of celebrities is fucking pathetic.

Jeez man. Debby Downer much? FFS. :rolleyes:

who gives a fuck which celebrities watch? caring about the opinions of celebrities is fucking pathetic.

We give a fuck because it creates positive buzz for the show, engendering support for HBO's decision to produce it and increasing the chance the show will continue beyond two seasons. The importance of celebrity praise and endorsement of an entertainment product (especially given the utter dominance of social media at present) should be obvious.

Archived