[BOOK/TV SPOILERS] Episode 10 Preview

Don't worry. We'll see dragons. There's been interviews with the visual effects people where they have talked about the CG work for the dragon reveal. It will happen, just like the book.

After the stellar acting performances we saw in ep. 9, I'm looking forward to seeing Emilia Clarke get her chance to shine. The Drogo smothering seems like a potentially heart-rending scene -- I hope the producers give it the time it deserves.

Oh ... and dragons. I want to see those.

re: Dragons in S2. Season 2&3 speculation:

I think what they will have to do is only show them in her tent/cages, rather than climbing all over Dany all the time. I would guess 2-3 total appearances. They don't have to show them every time we see Dany, as cool as that would be.

The only exception would have to be Drogon in the House of the Undying... he really has to be there. Or, I suppose he could fly in from seemingly nowhere when Dany's in trouble and burn everything down.

S3 will be harder... since Drogon has to melt a guy's face off.

Yes, there will be dragons. Have interviewed the VFX people, but embargoed until after the finale, you see... fingers crossed, HBO will give us some juicy stills.

I know the last scene will be Dany and the dragons. But I want the last scene to be Stannis looking over his big table-map of Westeros...

A servant comes in...

"My lor... er... Your Majesty, a raven from your brother, Renly."

"What is it?"

"He refuses your summons. He has proclaimed himself the rightful king."

"Then let him be the first to die."

Credits.

I sincerely hope they include the head scene. It shows alot of depth to Sansa. Joffery. And the Hound. I think they really need to include it to show how uttery trapped poor Sansa is. )=

Im annoyed because the Hounds Tale was changed. Now im afraid they will change even more aspect. Just including Sansa being hit but not the Head Scene. Maybe they will keep it for next season.

And i sooo see the ending being the dragons going MUMAAAAAAAAAA!

Yeah there's absolutely no way they can end it without the dragons. When all seems lost for Dany the morning after rise from the ashes just screams 'it's only getting started!' And for the budget the show does have it shouldn't be that hard to CG them in. The problem with the dire wolves is everyone knows what a canine should look like, so they have to do a really good/expensive job to keep it from looking fake. There's also more of them harder scenes, plus they're still growing.

For the episode 10 preview spoiler, after the Greatjon belts it out I'm more disappointed in the weak Monty Python-like follow up.

I sincerely hope they include the head scene. It shows alot of depth to Sansa. Joffery. And the Hound. I think they really need to include it to show how uttery trapped poor Sansa is. )=

Yep, they do. Sophie Turner mentioned it (without going into any spoilery context, of course). She had to do that scene in an audition.

I know the last scene will be Dany and the dragons. But I want the last scene to be Stannis looking over his big table-map of Westeros...

A servant comes in...

"What is it?"

Credits.

I was going to say: no it's so atmospheric introducing Stannis at the start of aCoK. But then I liked your dialogue, so what I want is a post credits voice over (cough Mark Strong cough) MGS style with no visual saying your conversation from above. Then the Cressen scene to start season 2. If Strong is Stannis I will forgive pretty much any lack of battles or minor changes.

Wonder if the Hound will finally get some screentime in this episode. I'm still waiting for his monologue with Sansa. He's listed in the regular cast but it would be cool if he got some lines instead of looking vaguely bored/menacing in the background all the time (though to be fair he spends most of the book doing exactly that). He's had about three lines so far - they've got to build him up a bit for season 2...

If Strong is Stannis I will forgive pretty much any lack of battles or minor changes.

Good grief... that's such an awesome shout, I've actually welled up a little :bowdown: I bloody love Mark Strong, he'd be an amazing Stannis.

A servant comes in...

"What is it?"

Credits.

Not quite the way I want it.

Dragons...

Credits...

Then fade in to the scene you mention above. Actually it can be done, no problem even without Stannis being cast. Shoot the scene from behind Stannis. Piss easy scene to shoot, could have been shot last week and spliced into the broadcast.

Oh gods! I just saw the Mark Strong as Stannis wish. That would be incredible. Strong often plays evil villains, Stannis isn't that, but Strong has the right look and screen presence to do Stannis brilliantly.

Oh yeah, and Boo Hiss at the including the King in the North shout out in the preview. The second most climactic scene in the show and they preview it? They should have had the "Joffery and Renly are nothing to us" line.

Not quite the way I want it.

Dragons...

Credits...

Then fade in to the scene you mention above. Actually it can be done, no problem even without Stannis being cast. Shoot the scene from behind Stannis. Piss easy scene to shoot, could have been shot last week and spliced into the broadcast.

Oh gods! I just saw the Mark Strong as Stannis wish. That would be incredible. Strong often plays evil villains, Stannis isn't that, but Strong has the right look and screen presence to do Stannis brilliantly.

Oh yeah, and Boo Hiss at the including the King in the North shout out in the preview. The second most climactic scene in the show and they preview it? They should have had the "Joffery and Renly are nothing to us" line.

I assumed they just wanted to give the poor TV viewers (tautology?) some hope before the episode to make sure Stark fans didn't get too upset

Wonder if the Hound will finally get some screentime in this episode. I'm still waiting for his monologue with Sansa. He's listed in the regular cast but it would be cool if he got some lines instead of looking vaguely bored/menacing in the background all the time (though to be fair he spends most of the book doing exactly that). He's had about three lines so far - they've got to build him up a bit for season 2...

Good grief... that's such an awesome shout, I've actually welled up a little :bowdown: I bloody love Mark Strong, he'd be an amazing Stannis.

I remember people complaining about LF getting to tell part of the Hound's story in episode 4, and afterwords one of the writers mentioned that Sansa/Hound was still a big part of the show. Maybe they decided to save some of hound's material until after Ned/Drogo are gone, almost like introducing an intriguing new character at the end of the season to give people another thing to be interested in for season 2.

Just downloaded the season 1 soundtrack off iTunes which was released today. The last track is titled "Finale" and its pretty epic, I can totally imagine Dany stepping into the fire and the dragons hatching as it plays.

Edit: In fact there are a few tracks from the season final that are really epic like "King in the North" and "The Nights Watch" which I think plays when they catch Jon and recite the oath back to him. I think they have set up the ep to be pretty epic to rope the new viewers into tuning back next season after the loss of Ned.

Also a few articles have mentioned that Sean Bean is in this ep. Not just in the crypts at Winterfell for the Bran dream but for a flashback Jaimie has while interrogated.

I was going to say: no it's so atmospheric introducing Stannis at the start of aCoK. But then I liked your dialogue, so what I want is a post credits voice over (cough Mark Strong cough) MGS style with no visual saying your conversation from above. Then the Cressen scene to start season 2. If Strong is Stannis I will forgive pretty much any lack of battles or minor changes.

Mark Strong for Stannis. I wholeheartedly agree.

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Archived