Your plans for "Dance Day"

All-For-HotPie

I'm taking my car in for an oil change across the street from a Black Bond Books, so I'll pick it up while I'm waiting. I'm going to see Transformers 3 that day and then have Ice Hockey right after, so I won't get too much reading done, but I have the rest of the week booked off work, so I should be able to get it done in the couple days afterwards.

Self-employed here so I'm going to be working until the truck shows up with the book and then I'll probably work half days until I finish.

Anyone have any suggestions for background music to listen to while reading it? I prefer not to have any but sometimes I need to drown out other noises.

The album "Gods of the Earth" by The Sword. They have a song or two based on the series.

Normally I'd have taken the day or two off from work. Unfortunately I'm a Network Admin, and we are in the middle of some kind of big projects. I still might be able to take tomorrow off. Otherwise I'm sure I'll be reading it at work on either my Kindle, iPhone or iPad while multitasking. Pity the user that needs help while I'm at a good part!!! (Joking, I'll still help 'em)

As far as music to listen to while reading it goes, I found something that works for me a few years ago while reading late at night with the TV on in the background. The channel the television was on was playing a marathon of Cirque du Soleil performances. I liked some of them quite a bit as they seemed to fit with what I was reading at the time and being that they are a lot of instrumental along with multi-language and gibberish vocals, it didn't distract from my reading. The two I liked best are Alegria and Verekai. And if that doesn't work, there's always the song Lux Aeterna, which is pretty epic sounding.

In the Turkey, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II is going to come out in theatre tomorrow night. That's great, but on the other hand, I'll have to wait two weeks to hold A Dance With Dragons in my hands :(

Greetings neighbor! We're getting ours from Book Depository out of the UK. It shipped today, though it's unlikely we'll get it this week due to the Greek postal service (which is why we're hopefully getting the e-book at 10:00 our time tomorrow). Your postal service might be better, BD is quite trustworthy and worth the try next time.

Chapters/indigo is opening 2 hours early tomorrow. My sister and I have planned our drinks and snacks. We are spending the next two days on my comfy couch reading and ignoring our teenage children. This has become a tradition to ignore the family, order in chinese food or pizza and just read.

Archived