How Would You Rate Episode 110

Ran

436 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

My final count:

6 > 9 > 10 > 7 > 5 > 8 > 2 > 4 > 1 > 3

Taken as a whole episodes 5-10 were all phenomenal. I went back to 1-4 recently and they came across much better on second viewing. I think it helped that I was just less worried about the show sucking on rewatch!

I had way more criticism in the first episodes than the last ones. I dont know if they were as bad as I remember or if I was way too critic.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

This was one of the best season finales I've seen in a long time. I wasn't sure how I was going to like it because the first few episodes dragged for me, but by the last half I was pleased. I thought that the way Daenerys was holding the dragons looked really unnatural, but then a friend pointed out that she probably had to get that pose in a way that they could cgi the dragons in later and that made sense.

Just rewatched it. 10/10. Holy shit, did anyone imagine the dragons would look that good?? Dany's boss speech was perfect, too- "I swear to you, those who would harm you will die screaming." Chills, man. Thought Marillion's song was hilarious. Joff is great as a budding young tyrant, Robb is great as a budding young hero. Catelyn/Kingslayer talk was fantastic. The much-maligned Roz/Pycelle scene gave us some cool history and confirmed that the Grand Maester is a disgusting fraud- good foreshadowing for future events. Arya starting to embrace the darkness was cool ("I killed a fat boy just like you. You're a liar, but I'm not"). Running out of positive adjectives, so... yeah. :)

Some of the negative comments almost strike me as self-parody. I really liked one post in this thread that awarded the episode 5/10, one of the (very serious) complaints being the lack of a cracking sound as the dragon eggs split open. I'm picturing a real-life Comic Book Guy furiously typing away: "The text clearly notes a distinct cracking noise as the eggs hatch. Worst. Adaptation. Ever."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I saw the series on HBO first, and then read all the books and have been hounding my son to watch it on HBO GO (awesome app). I had told him that he'd be confused about the houses, etc., but that all would become clear in time. He called me yesterday to tell me that he'd watched the first episode. He was confused because there had been a lot of strife, and someone had been beheaded, and these little dragons were on this lady.....

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!! YOU IDIOT SAW THE LAST EPISODE FIRST!!!!

I told him that it was like never watching Star Wars and starting with the "Luke, I am your father" scene. What a moron!! I just had to share this.

Oh, was that Ros again? Didn't recognize her. I loved her scenes with Theon up north, but I kind of hate her since her appearance in the clumsily written and totally, totally gratuitous sex scene in Littlefinger's brothel. Ros/Pycelle scene I hated until Ros left. Then, when we got a peek at the real Pycelle, I loved it. Like having a little moment of Pycelle POV, something we don't get in the books.

This was the best, imo. The ending alone gives me chills. Dany rising from the pyre with the dragons clinging to her was such a powerful image as the people bow down to her. She is my favorite character on the show. "It's not your screams I want, just your life". She was so badass in that scene.

The way everything ended, I am so excited for the new season.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't like the ending with this "Dany" rising from the pyre. That link of the story is the weakest. It's still bearable of course, but almost completely uninteresting.

The rest of the episode was stunning however.

I'm giving it 8/10. As a comparison, the first episode was given 10/10 by me and the series as a whole 9.5/10. But with the death of Ned and the introduction of dragon whelps, I feel a bit pessimistic about season 2. Even though a love dragons I must say that very few TV-shows and films have succeeded in making dragons into anything else than what only small boys can appreciate. Hopefully they'll handle this better in GoT and if that'll be the case I'm sure it'll turn epic!

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I gave it a ten, didn't realize I was going with the crowd, and couldn't care less.

I'm hooked, after 2 years of avoiding something that I had thought was another Tudors... silly me, eh?

And Dani is the better part of what got me hooked.

Not so much the whole Joan of Arc thing... its how balanced the character becomes as she evolves, but mostly the way she earns it as she goes. Paying a horrible price, in fact, any observer would assume that she was stepping into the funeral pyre of her husband and first-born to join them, after all...

And speaking of that, whole Religions have exploded into life after an event like that. What's with all the dodging other Dothraki and the lack of recognition elsewhere in season 2?

I'm not a sadist, so I'm sitting here hoping that, eventually, Dani might have a good day somewhere along the line.

• 1 year later...