How Would You Rate Episode 110

Ran

436 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Loved it. Gave it a 10.

I could have done without the Ros and Pycell's PSA on benefits of good personal hygiene and the importance of stretching before doing your ploting.

I love Varys, but his scene with LF didn't reach the bar they set in an earlier episode.

Drogon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gave it a 10, though it didn't have the emotional impact on me that Episode 9 did. I thought I set up Season 2 really well.

Loved King of the North, and Robb and Cat's scenes together, and my heart was breaking for Sansa, even if I don't like her. Arya and Yoren, those first scenes were very powerful. I thought the final scene turned out well, loved the cute dragons.

Ah Roz, the girl people love to hate. I have to say I'm not in love with the character but I don't hate her with the venom other people on here do. Still not satisfied with the alteration done with Shae, unlike the others who have been changed slightly (Lysa, Syrio, Lord Frey, Sam) they did not change her for the better or keep the spirit of her character intact. She's the whore I can't stand in the series to be honest with you.

Other complaint? King in the North scene came too early. That scene should have been later imo as it wraps up Robb's and Cat's storyline for the season and it's a pretty dramatic scene in the book. Oh and where was Riverrun?! Maybe too complicated to throw in YET ANOTHER place I understand but...what about the Riverland Lords? They pledge allegiance to King Robb too I believe. Oh and I agree the egg hatching scene should have been at night with us seeing the eggs crack open and the dragons emerge in flame. But that's more of a nitpicking thing (and the aforementioned lack of Bald Dany but I knew they wouldn't let that pretty actress go bald even for an episode of Season 2)

Other than that, everything else was great. Particular love for Joff and Sansa. Sansa really looks like shit after the execution and the actor playing Joff plays the Shitbird to a T. Seeing the Hound be gentle would have had more impact if we had got more of him this season but c'est la vie. Runner up was Jon and the Night's Watch. The direction of The Old Bear's last speech with the juxtaposition of Jon waiting for the gates opening and hearing Mormont asking (paraphrasing) "You have to decide: Are you a bastard boy playing at war or are you a Man of the Night's Watch?" to this music was LotR-level badassery. Arry and Yoren was done superbly as well, though was it just me or did Hot Pie look like he was wearing mascara?! AND BITER!!! WOOT!

Very much enjoyed Cat keeping her cool with Jaime - after first inflicting some slight justice for Ned's death. The scene with her & Robb was very touching. Satisfying to see Tyrion finally receive some positive feedback from his father. And Roz again proved to be the one size fits all girl about town. Although the dragons are cute -- really would enjoy the show even more without the fantasy aspect. All in all I found the entire first season to be very entertaining and for the most part remained faithful to grrm's writing.

Aardvark,

The first lord speaking when the council starts is Jonos Bracken (his lines, and we know the role was cast). I agree, it would have been nice to have his status noted, though. Maybe even suggest he or someone else is officially representing the Tullys at the council.

10. How can it be anything less? Every cliffhanger was perfect, there was variety, humor, sentimentality. They put three episodes' worth of awesomeness into one. We got everybody, and yet we didn't feel shorted.

I really don't understand the nitpicking of certain characters. Who gives a shit about the changes they made to Shae? It makes her a more interesting television character. It's an adaptation, guys. If you want the book, read the book.

I gave it an 8. Overall, I enjoyed this episode, but felt that it seemed lackluster in comparison to "Baelor." A number of scenes were very well done, and I was impressed with the CGI dragons, something that most book-readers were probably awaiting with some trepidation. However, I felt that the acting fell flat in a few places, and that the Ros/Maester Pycelle scene was particularly gratuitous. I really hope that D&D realize by next season that these kinds of scenes are not only jarring, but irrelevant, time-consuming, and detrimental to a series of this caliber. The fantasy genre is already fighting hard enough to be taken seriously.

Would give this a 9/10. For what it covers in the book, I thought it was near perfect.

My only slight complaint would be as i'd previously feared, the lifting of the Riverun siege was "covered" in episode 9 but that's more to do with how badly episode 9 was fucked up, not this one.

Also, still not warming to Shae but oh well.

Jaqen looks Exactly as i'd pictured him, quite scary.

Brilliant episode, brilliant season, can't believe i'll have to wait a year for the next one :(

7/10 for me and the weakest of the first season.

The scenes with Sansa and Joffrey were excellent, and most of Daenery's too. But I didn't care for the Pycelle part, and I thought the story moved a little too slowly.

Oh, and the final scenes of the Night Watch of the season has gotta be up there with the best.. really well done scene that.

Loved it. I cried like a baby though when she was saying goodbye to Khal Drogo. I really loved them together, and still hate reading the books sometimes knowing he's not there with her. Ugh, I hate even talking about it. I hope he comes back somehow and helps her kick some effing ass. Glad the dragon wasn't sucking on her boob, that was kinda weird.

Love Jon Snow.

Hate Joffrey.

How long until Season 2?

10/10 imo, though some things did bother me a bit, especially how early The King in the North scene happened. That scene is my favorite in the first book, and they did it 100% perfectly for the show, other than its placement in the episode. I absolutely loved the dragons, and most of all the scene with Mormont's speech and Jon going beyond the wall. And Jaqen! The look he gave arya was perfect. Insane foreshadowing for a TV show.

OMG! Jaqen, even if he didn't have half red and half white hair.

I was almost sure Sansa was going to push Joffrey off the bridge, too bad she didn't, but that wouldn't be true to the booksl

Shivers and tears when Danerys walked into the flames.

Thank you, HBO.

6 or 7.

The actor playing Joffrey is pretty much perfect so far.

Definitely do not like how they've handled Littlefinger or Varys.

I liked how they handled the last scene, the dragons look cool.

I think this episode showed maybe more than any other that more than 10 episodes was needed for the first season. It seemed like so much was condensed into this last episode. A lot of the scenes that set up the next book/season seemed really rushed, IMO.

9 from me. A very small nitpick, but those weren't dragons, but wyvrens. Very disappointing to me, but oh well.

the dragons in ASoIaF ARE two-legged. So technically they are wyverns.

Edited by Trebla