Preparing Ourselves for the Worst

Misanthrope

In AFfC, Cersei tells the Manderlys that they can come back into favour if they execute Davos, who is with them to treat on Stannis' behalf. Later on his head and hands are said to be displayed on the walls of White Harbor. The former happens in Cersei 4, and the latter is mentioned in Cersei 5 when Aurane Water reports to the Council. However, the source is not of the most reliable.

That I know. By the way he worded it, referring to it has "his last chapter", meaning Davos' last chapter, which the last chapter where we saw him was in ASoS I'm pretty sure, and he wasn't anywhere near White Harbor iirc. So to me, he was implying that in Davos' last chapter of ADwD he does in fact die. I'm hoping he was just referring to what was said to have happened in AFfC, but I'm not so sure :/

I think it is extremely childish to rage whenever a "good guy" dies...

I guess I must be an old child, because some of the book scenes affect me emotionally like an unexpected ambush, and a slice from a rusty razor. Can't help reacting because of self-preservation instinct.

... this post will contain SPOILERS! SO be warned! ...

Tyrion's story arc:

Actually I've been dreading the same thing myself. It seems inevitable.

In view of everybody else's character evolution, I think Tyrion becomes cynical and mean. All the compassion has been pounded out of him.

I would be really pissed off if any of POVs or notable characters would be crippled. Bran without legs, Tiryoin without nose, Jaime without hand, Myrcella with no ear, Hound burned even more, Brienne having half of her cheak chewed... had I forgotten somebody? Better just kill poor guys :)

Also Tommen and Myrcella both dying in horrible way, without Jaime trying to save them.

I would be sad when Jaime and Barristan would die, but I think it is almost necessary for the story, and will surely happen.

That I know. By the way he worded it, referring to it has "his last chapter", meaning Davos' last chapter, which the last chapter where we saw him was in ASoS I'm pretty sure, and he wasn't anywhere near White Harbor iirc. So to me, he was implying that in Davos' last chapter of ADwD he does in fact die. I'm hoping he was just referring to what was said to have happened in AFfC, but I'm not so sure :/

He said he'd be annoyed if Davos does die in his last chapter. Not that he knows he does.

Nobody knows if Davos is actually dead or not.

Archived