Theme for season 1 and E10 ending

It's the finale track (called "Finale", imaginatively enough) from about 45 or 50 seconds in. Given the "scream" at the very start of that video, that sounds more like what was actually broadcast (i.e. with the additional effects from that last scene) than what's just on the OST.

Hearing that during the last episode was enough to make me buying the soundtrack a fixture. I already liked the main theme, but this variation is even better. So, the "real thing" is even longer? Splendid! I hope the soundtrack has some more hidden gems, songs that weren't highlighted as much in the series itself, but that fit with the rest of the things we did hear already.

on this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLR2uiY44EQ

it is really good! is it just an ending theme or is it a season theme?

The final musical bombast was incredibly moving and a perfect way to close the episode and season.

I've been putting off buying the soundtrack from iTunes but I think I'll grab it tonight. Gonna need something to tide me over waiting for next spring.

I've picked it up off of iTunes and love it. When I watched the show, I didn't really notice the music. But when I listen to the soundtrack, I can quickly and vividly remember which scene was on the screen during the song.

Except the song playing when Ned was killed. Anyone know which song that was?

AND: the finale is awesome. The song is one track, which started as the dragons were being unveiled, and played through to the end.

The only things missing from the soundtrack are the songs within the show. No song about Robert getting killed by a pig "than the lion in my bed". Maybe they'll release the song about the rain and other famous chart toppers from Westeros on a later soundtrack.

Non-Apple-user question...does iTunes allowed you to buy an album off their site and then have access to just the mp3 files? I'm still a Windows Media Player user myself.

Do you have iTunes installed on your "Non-Apple" device? There is a "Create MP3 Version" option under the "advanced" menu. You would purchase/download using iTunes and then use this option to create the mp3 to play in WMP.

Non-Apple-user question...does iTunes allowed you to buy an album off their site and then have access to just the mp3 files? I'm still a Windows Media Player user myself.

You would have to buy through the iTunes application, not the site, you would have to install that if you don't have it already.

To my knowledge the files are DRM protected at the record label's discretion. They can opt out of it.

DRM free tracks used to have an icon (little square with a plus in it) next to the price.

But the GoT OST album has no such icons next to the track prices.

Though... I'm looking for one I can't find a single track with the DRM free icon anywhere.

I know that all the music from EMI is DRM free, and even they don't show the icon anymore.

Maybe they stopped doing that for some reason.

Time for a practical test.

So I dug into my iTunes library folder, and copied a few of the GoT OST tracks (they are .M4As not .MP3s) over to another computer.

This other computer isn't authorized on my iTunes account, which would be required to play DRM protected music.

They played fine in VLC which was the only non Apple player (iTunes, QuickTime) on that system.

So looks like the tracks are DRM free, or VLC doesn't care and plays it anyhow.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived