[Book Spoilers] Sansa

damian

where do they take her in season 2? the wavering naivete still waiting for her florian to save her, or a more natural progression from the darkness she started to display at the end of season 1? I am hoping for the latter, and it is what i would expect. I'd rather see a more consistent development toward the expected cunning schemer willing to get her hands dirty (well, as some people expect will happen in the remainder of the novels) than more of the helpless cluelessness she tends toward in aCoK.

In general, I have a feeling we're going to lose the whole "book 1=season 1, book 2=season 2" trend. It just seems to me like they'll have to change the pacing in order to keep all characters on screen.

Like, I sincerely doubt that Jamie Lannister only gets 2 minutes of screen time next season.

Everything she did in the finale was taken directly from the book, so she's in the same place now in GoT as she was at the end of AGoT.

I think what the OP means is that she was aged from 11 to 13 for the HBO series, so for example in some scenes with her Septa rather than a proper obedient girl she acted like a bratty teenager. Will this teenage Sansa interact with her 'Florian' the same way she does in the book? I don't know if it will fit as well but I'm not sure how else they can do it, a lot of people are getting played there so it would take some creative writing to do so. Or perhaps like they did with Jorah rather than being a creepy middle age drunk they can cast Ser whatshisname a bit younger and just a little handsome.

Everything she did in the finale was taken directly from the book, so she's in the same place now in GoT as she was at the end of AGoT.

no it wasn't. in the book she was going to jump herself, not push joffrey. but that is completely besides the point.

I think what the OP means is that she was aged from 11 to 13 for the HBO series, so for example in some scenes with her Septa rather than a proper obedient girl she acted like a bratty teenager. Will this teenage Sansa interact with her 'Florian' the same way she does in the book? I don't know if it will fit as well but I'm not sure how else they can do it, a lot of people are getting played there so it would take some creative writing to do so. Or perhaps like they did with Jorah rather than being a creepy middle age drunk they can cast Ser whatshisname a bit younger and just a little handsome.

yeah, regardless of what actions sansa may or may not have taken in the series vs. the book, she is not quite the same character.

no it wasn't. in the book she was going to jump herself, not push joffrey. but that is completely besides the point.

Actually, she was going to push Joffrey and thought that it wouldn't even matter if she went over with him.

That being said, I'm interested to see where they take her since they've removed the childish obsession with fairy tales. Ser Dontos will definitely have to play out at least somewhat differently.

I'm interested to see where they take her since they've removed the childish obsession with fairy tales. Ser Dontos will definitely have to play out at least somewhat differently.

this is more what i'm interested in.

Does anyone else thinks it would be difficult to sell the idea of Sansa having her first period, the problem is Sophie Turner looks really older than her age, they've been building to it so I guess they're gonna go with the whole first period burning the sheets thing, plus they need and explanation why she is not married right away but I wonder how non readers would receive it.

Does anyone else thinks it would be difficult to sell the idea of Sansa having her first period, the problem is Sophie Turner looks really older than her age, they've been building to it so I guess they're gonna go with the whole first period burning the sheets thing, plus they need and explanation why she is not married right away but I wonder how non readers would receive it.

I don't think so. It's certainly not unheard of to get it at her age and more common for someone as slim as she is.

This is easy. I knew a girl who got her first period when she was 17 years old. My understanding is that 13 is the average age to get it in this modern age and Sansa is 13 now in the show. I wouldn't raise an eyebrow at a 14 year old girl (which is how old Sansa will be next season) getting her first period. That's quite normal.

It's pretty obvious that this will be cut from the tv series.

It's pretty obvious that this will be cut from the tv series.

I don't think so. In the first and last episode it's been mentioned that Sansa hasn't had her "blood" yet, so it seems like that part will be kept, otherwise why mention it.

I'm also interested in Sansa's direction in season 2. She seemed to grow up a lot in the final episode, if they have her still waiting on Ser Dontos as her Florian it might seem as if she's regressed. I imagine they'll find a way to work in Dontos but keep the character more mature, as even in the first season she didn't seem as naive as in the book.

Memory can be a tricky thing....

The outer parapet came up to her chin, but along the inner edge of the walk was nothing, nothing but a long plunge to the bailey seventy or eighty feet below. All it would take was a shove, she told herself. He was standing right there, right there, smirking at her with those fat wormlips. You could do it, she told herself. You could. Do it right now. It wouldn’t even matter if she went over with him. It wouldn’t matter at all.

Archived