Rooting for Lannister

No, now go scrub your mouth :ack:.

But if I'm honest, I really love to hate them. I just don't want them ending in a postion of power. Not even Tyrion or Jaime. They're just too messed up by now.

PS. If Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is hired for season 2 to 7 I might change my opinion and state that Jaime needs to have an important role in each shown event in the story from now on :leer: .

I was rooting for them until Tywin died. Now...

Tyrion - Love to see him die the most painful death possible. No one is as accursed as the kinslayer.

Jaime - Hope he dies heroically(maybe killing Tyrion!). Killing one of Dany's dragons while protecting Tommen would also be a good way to go out.

Cersei - hope she dies as painfully as Tyrion.

Kevan - Poor bastard. His last brother murdered by his nephew, one of his sons killed by Robb(Karstark), and another one of his sons is a complete wimp. Hopefully him and Martyn can camp out the rest of the war.

Even if one were so inclined, rooting for the Lannisters is undoubtedly a losing proposition at this point. I think Jaime, Cersei, Myrcella, Tommen, and Genna face certain death. I also tend to think Kevan and Lancel will perish as well. Tyrion is a wild card but either way, I don't think he will ever be accepted back into his family, whether he survives or not.

Who does that leave?

Daven, Martyn, Joy, Janei and possibly Tyrek. I suppose Daenerys will let those five live but you never know.

Kevan - Poor bastard. His last brother murdered by his nephew, one of his sons killed by Robb(Karstark), and another one of his sons is a complete wimp. Hopefully him and Martyn can camp out the rest of the war.

I can see it now...

A fruity drink with an umbrella in it, lounging in the sun on the Rock...

Even if one were so inclined, rooting for the Lannisters is undoubtedly a losing proposition at this point. I think Jaime, Cersei, Myrcella, Tommen, and Genna face certain death. I also tend to think Kevan and Lancel will perish as well. Tyrion is a wild card but either way, I don't think he will ever be accepted back into his family, whether he survives or not.

Who does that leave?

Daven, Martyn, Joy, Janei and possibly Tyrek. I suppose Daenerys will let those five live but you never know.

Of course it's a losing proposition. That's why I said at the beginning 'I realize the chances of them coming out ahead is slim to none". I was just curious if anyone wanted them to win in the end. I know I do. Tyrion for king! ;)

Tyrek is dead and Joy is a bastard, not a Lannister. Don't remember Janei, though.

Tyrek might be dead. And honestly, did it never tickle your curiosity why he continues to be mentioned? I think you would do well to read Jaime's third POV in AFfC. It seems likely that Varys or Littlefinger have Tyrek stashed somewhere. I imagine he has a future as Daenerys' puppet ruler of the Westlands.

Joy is indeed a bastard but a Lannister nonetheless. After all, most people think of Jon as a Stark or otherwise Cersei wouldn't bother plotting how to kill him.

As for Janei, she's Kevan's daughter.

Of course it's a losing proposition. That's why I said at the beginning 'I realize the chances of them coming out ahead is slim to none". I was just curious if anyone wanted them to win in the end. I know I do. Tyrion for king! ;)

I just think it's rather useless. Not only are they doomed, they are factionalized. What does it even mean to root for the Lannisters? Clearly, Jaime doesn't see eye-to-eye with Cersei who doesn't see eye-to-eye with Kevan who doesn't see eye-to-eye with Tyrion who doesn't see eye-to-eye with . . . and on and on and on.

I can see one rooting for individual Lannisters, but the family as a whole? Most want to kill each other, how would that even work?

Despite Maggy the Frog's prophecy, I'd like Myrcella to survive somehow. I think she'll grow up to be badass, what with the bitterness that derives from being disinherited and seeing both the Lannisters and Baratheons fall. Plus, she has that awesome scar that Darkstar gave her.

Maybe after Dany invades Westeros, the Lannisters can switch places with the remaining Targaryen descendents across the sea. Bittersteel's descendents can have Casterly Rock, and the Lannisters can have the Golden Company :P

Cercei will die at the hands of Volanquir. Whether that be Tyrion or Jaimie, I'm not sure. I hope that it is Jaimie because she deserves to suffer a terrible death at the hands of someone who she completely loves. She is a terrible human being. Her in Joffrey deserve to burn in the 7th pit of Hell together.

Jaime has really come a long way and I think he will probably die doing something very heroic. After killing Cercei he will probably go on to kill fifty others and save someone important's life.

Tyrion will end up as Warden of the West and Lord of the Rock. He may even find Tysha. He may have some hardship ahead of him (undoubtably), but He will end up where he wants to. He has suffered too much not to.

Kevan is great. I like the guy. I hope he survives and has another son that isn't a complete disappointment like Lancel. I don't care that much though.

What does it even mean to root for the Lannisters? Clearly, Jaime doesn't see eye-to-eye with Cersei who doesn't see eye-to-eye with Kevan who doesn't see eye-to-eye with Tyrion who doesn't see eye-to-eye with . . . and on and on and on.

I can see one rooting for individual Lannisters, but the family as a whole? Most want to kill each other, how would that even work?

It means whatever you want it to mean. Do you root for the family? Individuals? Do you want them all to make up and become a happy family again? Just whatever. You seem very linear. Try to be more open minded. This wasn't really about the details ;) Just more of a "hey, do you like em or not?".

Despite Maggy the Frog's prophecy, I'd like Myrcella to survive somehow. I think she'll grow up to be badass, what with the bitterness that derives from being disinherited and seeing both the Lannisters and Baratheons fall. Plus, she has that awesome scar that Darkstar gave her.

I read somewhere that if AFFC's concentration was on religion, ADWD's is disease. So, considering I think Maggy the Frog's prophesy is dead on ...

I can see some grayscale, or the bloody melts, or something making the rounds of some of our extra characters and PoV's for that matter, and taking care of ending Mycella and Tommen without requiring some bastard willing to kill children again.

Despite Maggy the Frog's prophecy, I'd like Myrcella to survive somehow.
She likely will survive. The prophecy doesn't say that Cersei's children will die. "Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds". Death shrouds is the most obvious interpretation, but Myrcella will have to wear a veil to hide her scar.

I'm certainly rooting for Myrcella and Tommen, and Kevan and Daven look decent enough. I would like to see Queen Myrcella with Kevan as her Regent.

King Tommen I is so cute and so doomed that you cannot help rooting for him. :(

I had writen a long post earlier but the system didn't want to play with me and thus I'm making it a bit shorter.

I'm a Lannister fanatic to my last breath and I'm rooting for them to rule Westeros forever more.

I think that almost every single lion is exceptionally interesting, and one some level I'm able to like them, including Cersei. The sole exception for this is Joffrey and I'm happy that he died.

Casterly Rock forever!

Archived