Rooting for Lannister

I had writen a long post earlier but the system didn't want to play with me and thus I'm making it a bit shorter.

I'm a Lannister fanatic to my last breath and I'm rooting for them to rule Westeros forever more.

I think that almost every single lion is exceptionally interesting, and one some level I'm able to like them, including Cersei. The sole exception for this is Joffrey and I'm happy that he died.

Casterly Rock forever!

Yes! YES!!! Now that's what I'm talking about!!!

Yay, this is a thread made for me. <3 xD

At this point, the only Lannister I'm not rooting for is Cersei... And maybe Lancel, because I dislike religious fanatics. I feel sorry for him, though, if that counts.

The rest (Jaime, Tyrion, Myrcella, Kevan, Genna, Damion, Tommen are the ones we have met, at least) are great. Not to mention that, as opposed to the Starks and the Targaryens, they don't have magical creatures, mighty wizards or ancient prophecies to help them win and, thanks to Cersei and Joffrey, they're almost certainly done for, while doing nothing more than defending their family against its enemies. I reallt hope that at least some of them will survive the end of the series and the house of Lannister won't cease to exist.

Yay, this is a thread made for me. <3 xD

At this point, the only Lannister I'm not rooting for is Cersei... And maybe Lancel, because I dislike religious fanatics. I feel sorry for him, though, if that counts.

The rest (Jaime, Tyrion, Myrcella, Kevan, Genna, Damion, Tommen are the ones we have met, at least) are great. Not to mention that, as opposed to the Starks and the Targaryens, they don't have magical creatures, mighty wizards or ancient prophecies to help them win and, thanks to Cersei and Joffrey, they're almost certainly done for, while doing nothing more than defending their family against its enemies. I reallt hope that at least some of them will survive the end of the series and the house of Lannister won't cease to exist.

:agree:

Like Tyrion I have a certain affection for Bastards and other broken things. So I am a big fan of Tyrion but for all the reasons that make him different from his family members.

Cerci and Jamie Lannister are a symbol for the uber wealthy class that has no concept of how fortunate they are to have been born rich and noble. Both fritter away their gifts for their own personal ends rather than helping the down-trodden. Cerci is especially loathsome in this regard.

Tywin is at least a self made man but he's an arrogant asshole, full of treachery and deceit. I have an issue with the way he came to power and therefore don't like him.

Tyrion is the man however. He's been kicked his entire life and maybe had 1/10th of the advantages his siblings did. He hones the meager gifts he has, like his mind and uses it quite well. I was glad to see him stand up to and do away with his father. That scene kind of reminded me of Pulp Fiction... "Say Whore, Again!!!"

All that said, as a fan of the books I love the Lannisters... I love to hate them and that makes the books all the more enjoyable.

I realize that the chances of the Lannisters coming out ahead in The Game of Thrones is slim to none but for the sake of this thread (which will most likely get burried in less than 10 minutes anyway), does anyone want this? Does House Lannister have any fans at all?

I root for Jaime, but I don't expect him to survive so the house itself.. I dunno. Cersei must die, I hope Tommen doesn't get hurt much and the others I don't really care on way or another at this point.

I should say, I'm also rooting for Tyrion at this point, and only because of the TV series. Tyrion bugged the hell out of me in my first read-through. He always seemed like the author surrogate to me, and that annoyed me to no end. Peter Dinklage made me like him, though, so now I no longer want Tyrion to die a horrible slow death while Cersei laughs at him.

The odd thing is that Cersei just might be my favorite character but I don't actively root for her. As for the Lannisters in general, at this point, it would be difficult for me to argue that either Jaime, Cersei or Kevan do not deserve the death and destruction that will rain down on their heads.

I suppose Kevan might be redeemable if he disowns his brother and his brother's dogs, as well his his niece and nephew, but I just don't see it. I think Jaime will die, ironically enough, for something he is not at fault for (i.e., Red Wedding) as opposed to what he did to Bran or his complicity in his sister's schemes. And Cersei is just unforgivable at this point, as much as I tend to sympathize with her.

As for the others, well, Cersei's remaining children are blameless but nevertheless doomed. I try not to invest myself in them because I simply assume they will be dead soon. Genna's death seems preordained as well. Lancel might make it out alive but he won't ever be a "Lannister" again. The same applies to Tyrion.

That just leaves the side characters, Martyn, Janei, Joy, Daven, and possibly Tyrek. Truthfully, I don't know too much about them to make any judgements. Daven does seem like a decent guy though. I guess my best advice to them is to disown the rest of their family and beg on their stomachs when Daenerys and/or Jon come calling. Having said that, given some of the comments the Dragons have made about the Lions, they'll be lucky to get any mercy at all.

I do wonder about Kevan. He does seem reasonable but he is also wholly devoted to Tywin Lannister. I don't think that view will be very popular going into the future. On the other hand, he has lost faith in Cersei and Jaime. But if Daenerys shows up with Tyrion as an ally, that muddles the issue even further.

I don't know what to think but if either Daenerys or Jon, or both together, assume power, then the Lannisters better hope they are a lot more merciful towards them than they are now.

I hated the Lannisters before I read the series, and through the first 2 books.

I very much like Tyrion, I don't think many dislike him. I am 100% rooting for him.

I like the road Jaimie is going down and hope he continues through, although I am convinced that he will bite the dust before the series ends.

I hope Cersei bites the dust before the series ends lol

Kevan is a hard person for me to hate or love. He sat around and followed Tywin as the dutiful brother. But has also flexed his won muscles with Tywin gone and shown he CAN think on his own, contrary to one of Tyrion's quips about his uncle.

I think both of Cersei's kids are, sadly, going to pay for the older Lannister's indiscretions. Myrcella obviously already has to some point due to the plotting in Dorne...

I hate every one of the Lannisters except for Tyrion, and Genna.

Both of them are interesting and smart. And not completely cruel.

I hate Cersei(Do I even need to comment)

I love reading about Jaime and his quotes are fucking awesome but hes a shit human being.

Kevan seems pretty cool but he still went along with all of Tywins fucked up scemes.

As for the kids...I dont really want to see them die..and now that Myrcellas been injured the law of injury-deaths will work so she makes it through the series I think. So maybe they can live out life in the Dothraki plains and become Dany-Viserys 2.

That books series will be called the Song of Stags and Lions

I realize that the chances of the Lannisters coming out ahead in The Game of Thrones is slim to none but for the sake of this thread (which will most likely get burried in less than 10 minutes anyway), does anyone want this? Does House Lannister have any fans at all?

Define "Lannister". There are some Lannisters (actually, most of the Lannisters) who are completely innocent and thus don't deserve most of the crap that's coming their way. Myrcella for example, Kevan for another. Tyrion, well I like him but, chances are he's going to turn into another amoral bastard but I suppose we'll have to wait for ADWD and see. Jaime kind of needs to die, and Cersei is Cersei.

I like the remaining Lannisters, Tommen is great will be sad to see him die, Myrcella seems smart and sweet, Genna is a cool aunt, Kevan is a reasonable man, Daven is blunt and honest very much unlike the main branch, Stafford's incompetence is great to hear about gives us a sense that not all Lannisters are overachievers. Of course Tyrion is likable and fun to read.

I forgive Genna and Kevan for sticking with Tywin, it is the culture of the times and land, loyalty to family means a lot to them and Tywin was good for them. While I like the new Jaime I believe he will only achieve personal redemption by dying. And Lancel I don't care for him much, but don't want to see him suffer too much though I don't like his new found religiosity and kind of wish he turned to another crutch (his father?).

And I'm rooting for Cersei in the sense that I want to root her out of existence.

At the moment, Jamie is my favorite character, although I feel a bit guilty about that. I hope he remains in the series until the last book, but I'm fairly sure he'll ultimately meet a messy end. (There's an idea for a thread: who will Nymeria kill?) My feeling is that at least one Lannister is going to end up as wolf kibble, and it just might be Jamie.

I like Tommen (hey, the kid likes cats!) and Myrcella too, and I'm not looking forward to reading their death scenes, which seem inevitable.

Cersei can't have her date with the valonqar too soon for me; I've had it with that selfish, clueless twat.

I hated Tywin; he was a sadistic, abusive traitor. A quarrel to the gut was too good for him.

So much anger there is here and all direct toward the Lannisters. I may come off as a bit of a contrary-person, but you should from my previous post not be suprised by my view on things.

I like Cersei, even if she was very annoying in AFFC, because she at least tries to fight to be allowed the same as men do. She isn't necessarily very good about it, but she makes the effort. And that makes for a very interesting character as far as I'm concerned.

I like Tywin because he plays the game as its played and does it well. He's ruthless no doubt, but few ever manage to achieve so much in his life time. Hell, with him at the power the Smallfolk would have a better chance of knowing peace than almost anyone else. Yes I know that the Lannisters are in a potential pinch because of his death, but that's hardly his fault. More the fault of his successor.

I like Lancel because its a very unexpected turn of events and I don't mind faithful people. It will be very interesting how his turn to the Faith works out. I'm a bit sad for old good Kevan that his child made the choice for a different career path than his father had wanted, but that's life.

Jaime, Tyrion, Genna, Kevan, Tommen, Myrcelle and Daven have already had their time so I won't bother to repeat the arguments for them.

Archived