Greatest Living Fighter?

I'm cool with that, but are you then saying there are a whole bunch of unknown Northern Warriors who match the skill of the Hound, or Garlan Tyrell, or Jaime Lannister or Barristan Selmy or Oberyn Martell?

Cause if you list the best fighters of the current age and their origin then it goes something like this:

The South:

Arthur Dayne

Oberyn Martell

Darkstar

The whole damn Tyrell family, flowery origins be damned

Randyll Tarly

Robert Baraetheon

Barristan Selmy

Jaime Lannister

Sandor Clegane

Gregor Clegane

Brienne of Tarth

Bronze Yohn Royce

That dude who likes boys from the Vale

Bronn of the Blackwater

That's just the few I could think of immediately (namely pretty much every good fighter in Westeros that I could remember off the top of my head).

The North:

Zero. Just a deafening silence.

And who killed the first person on your list? Ned Friggin Stark.

Ok, Howland gave the assist, but still...

Bronn hasnt given any evidence though to being insane; if anything, he is completely the opposite. Tyrion also states that he may be the best swordsman he has seen after Jaime. Thats a pretty bold statement. Yes Tyrion probably isnt the most reliable authority on swordsman, but at the same time it also suggests he is alot better then your average sellsword. Also, during the Vale scene, bronn dual wields. Thats a massive example of not only skill but also practice and experience.

Yes Bronn doesnt have the reputation of other fighters, but all evidence points to him being a damn good fighter.

I agree that Bronn isn't insane, but that conversation posted above shows no motivation for him do take that risk. None. Even if chances of death are incredibly low, why take them when there is nothing to gain? That would by definition be insanity. Thus Bronn might be exaggerating. And I'm sure these were very green looking boys he was beating.

But if Tyrion did indeed say that he may be the second best he'd seen, that would be evidence that I was unaware of. That would mean something significant, yes.

I may be misremembering but wasn't Briene almost killed at the end of AFFC until Gendry saved her?

She was blindside tackled by Biter.

And who killed the first person on your list? Ned Friggin Stark.

Ok, Howland gave the assist, but still...

That was a horribly unfair fight, 7 against 3. They still barely got out of there alive. Doesn't really mean anything.

Archived