Greatest Living Fighter?

Syrio!

Okay, fine, I'll be serious. Probably Loras or the Hound, although Greatjon Umbar is pretty freakin' awesome, and Jon Snow sounds like he's well on his way to getting there.

Now that I think of it, Bronn sounds pretty deadly too.

I think we have to split this question in categories. Different fighting situations require different talents.

1. Sword-fight: Syrio Forel - noone is faster

2. Free-style: Strong Belwas

3. Turney-fight: Ser Loras (if he recovers) - he's prooven it

4. Battle-field: The mountain or leaving him out, Bronn - mountain bc he cant die anymore, Bronn bc he doesnt have the pride to evade when he's loosing.

5. Decathlon (rounds with different weapons): Ser Barriston - it's all about experience and practice

6. Wrong-handed fighting: Jaime - obviously

7. female category: Lord Varys - bc women fight differently, rather intrigueing. (That's sexist, ignore that pls.)

8. Word- fighting/ argueing: Tyrion - seriously, who else?

Yeah, it's a bit like comic book comparisons. Would Superman beat Batman one on one? Well, it depends on the writer. Would Spiderman beat Wolverine? Again, it depends on the writer. In this case you can narrow down the best of the best, but depending on the situation you can write the victor however you want.

Everyone always goes on about hwo amazing Loras is, yet Loras himself concedes that Garlan is a better swordsman. To me, that means that Garlan is basically as good as they com, even if we havent really sene him do anything first hand.

Bronn is up there for me too. I am a huge bronn fan so probably bias, but he is an extremely intelligent, calculating ruthless fighter who would use everthing to his advantage. He knew exactly how to beat the Mountain.

My god, of course! How could we forget the most dangerous man in Dorne!?

Darkstar is the most dangerous man in Dorne, it doesn't necessarily mean that he is the most skilled fighter. It just means that he's a ruthless bastard.

Everyone always goes on about hwo amazing Loras is, yet Loras himself concedes that Garlan is a better swordsman. To me, that means that Garlan is basically as good as they com, even if we havent really sene him do anything first hand.

Bronn is up there for me too. I am a huge bronn fan so probably bias, but he is an extremely intelligent, calculating ruthless fighter who would use everthing to his advantage. He knew exactly how to beat the Mountain.

It's been said that Loras is better than Garlan on horseback, however. In Westeros, skill with the lance is every bit as valuable as skill with a sword, if not more so.

Also, there isn't much evidence for it yet, but I'd be willing to bet that Ser Balon Swann could hold his own against most of the people already mentioned. He's mentioned as one of the few current members of the Kingsguard who really deserve to be there, both for his skill and for his honor.

Darkstar is the most dangerous man in Dorne, it doesn't necessarily mean that he is the most skilled fighter. It just means that he's a ruthless bastard.

It's been said that Loras is better than Garlan on horseback, however. In Westeros, skill with the lance is every bit as valuable as skill with a sword, if not more so.

Also, there isn't much evidence for it yet, but I'd be willing to bet that Ser Balon Swann could hold his own against most of the people already mentioned. He's mentioned as one of the few current members of the Kingsguard who really deserve to be there, both for his skill and for his honor.

Suprised to see how long it took for Bronn and Darkstar to be mentioned. Bronn however we have actually "seen" in a few fights. Same with Bellwas. In adittion I would love to hear why people think either of the brothers Clegane are alive. But anyway, my lists are based on those who are definately alive, capable of fighting and we have "seen" them in a fight.

5. Lord Frey

4. Brann

3. Tyrion

2. Wilas Tyrell

1. Tommen

Ok. Really this time

5. Jorah Mormont

4. Jon Snow

3. Brienne

2. Strong Belwas

1. Bronn

I'd put Brienne in the top ten post-AFFC. Remember she did beat the crap out of Loras, Garlan, and about a dozen others at Bitterbridge. She holds her own against the (admittedly impaired) Kingslayer and gets in plenty of heroics in the Riverlands.

Come to think of it that's probably more than Bronn's done.

>.>

<.<

There's absolutely no evidence in the story that Garlan fought in the melee at Bitterbridge and I am inclined to think that he did not. So that's most likely false.

BTW Garlan is the best fighter alive in Westeros but Jon might be the best by the end.

Barristan is old as hell. He hasn't got strength or speed.

That's what Titan's bastard thought.

4) Lord Bronn Stokeworth: All kinds of awesome. 11/10, A++

I remember two featured fights of his. One, in Eyrie, suspiciously similar to the one on arena in "The Life of Brian". Second, off-screen, against a honorable idiot. Were there others?

Darkstar is the most dangerous man in Dorne, it doesn't necessarily mean that he is the most skilled fighter.

B-but, he was weaned on venom...

And I don't mean to say Barristan isn't good, he's as a badass grandpa as they come. But he had the advantage of reach, surprise and preparation over the Titan's Bastard. As skilled as he is, he's not going to survive a knock down drag out brawl with a skilled fighter 40 years his junior.

I reckon Jorah Mormont could have taken him.

Alive?

I'd have to say Bronn. The reasons are.......as mentioned by others also, he is a survivor of numerous battles, 1 vs 1 and grand melee's(large battles), situations where he is outnumbered also(on the path to the Vale), all with his leather and linked maille armours, not heavy plate. He doesn't get hit often(took shield in mouth in the eryie), yet knows how to finish with finality!

Right now, he is the deadliest fighter alive....Strong Belwas also sounds very deadly but that's in 1 on 1 situations, put him in a full battle with all the chaos and his non existant armour, and he will die( he's a HUGE target for any archer out there!! lmao)

My money would be on Bronn right now....i'm sure i could garner a few Valyrian daggers out of it, no? :cheers:

Archived