Jaime Lannister's fate

SirPipeWeed

I'm one of those that think he is the valonquar and will die with Cersei. I think he'll probably end up doing a lot of good things beforehand though, and have some fun with Brienne. I think we have a lot more of Jaime to see before GRRM kills him off.

Jaime may kill Cersei, but I hope she is wrong and he doesn't have to die with her, but killing her (and I like the theory that he will actually kill her partly out of mercy seeing what grief done to Cat) will leave him an emotional wreck and as at that point there will be no king to protect with Tommen and Myrcella dead and he can hardly ran to Dany or Aegon he finally decides to change white cloak for black.

However, when we finally get into his mind we see that he has changed and he actually does regret what he had to do to Bran.

Actually, from what I remember, he never thinks of Bran or what he did to him. Not once. And certainly not in regret. He doesn't give any thought to Sansa either -- apart from thinking it would be better if she married some blacksmith. He also doesn't give any thought to Arya, Catelyn, Rickon, and Ned for that matter.

He does spend an inordinate amount of time wondering who his sister is fucking though. Oh, and how terrible it is that he doesn't have a sword hand anymore. He spends more time thinking about that in the first paragraph of one chapter than he has devoted to all the Starks together in every single POV he's had during the course of the series.

However, when we finally get into his mind we see that he has changed and he actually does regret what he had to do to Bran.

Actually, from what I remember, he never thinks of Bran or what he did to him. Not once. And certainly not in regret. He doesn't give any thought to Sansa either -- apart from thinking it would be better if she married some blacksmith. He also doesn't give any thought to Arya, Catelyn, Rickon, and Ned for that matter.

He does spend an inordinate amount of time wondering who his sister is fucking though. Oh, and how terrible it is that he doesn't have a sword hand anymore. He spends more time thinking about that in the first paragraph of one chapter than he has devoted to all the Starks together in every single POV he's had during the course of the series.

I'm one of those that think he is the valonquar and will die with Cersei. I think he'll probably end up doing a lot of good things beforehand though, and have some fun with Brienne. I think we have a lot more of Jaime to see before GRRM kills him off.

The only problem I have with this is the fact that the prophecy told to Cersei was that the hands of the Valonquar would strangle her, and Jaime only has one hand - very difficult to one-handedly strangle someone.

Someone on another thread suggested that if Selmy lives, Jaime dies, and if Selmy dies, Jaime lives, which I agree with. Someone has to fill the pages of the Kingsguard book, and Jaime says to himself he won't fill it with lies, and if not lies, with truth. Or words to that effect, don't have the book with me!

So either he fills the pages, or he dies and Selmy fills the pages.

I personally think Jaime will become a Queenslayer before the end, and will be called The Slayer, taking over from Mr. fat pink mast!

And he will be asked to stay on as the head of the KG, but will resign because everyone in his immediate family will be dead, but he will meet a lovely brunette who makes him forget all about blondes and raise a family of 4 kids and Willas and Sandor will send him dogs for the kids to play with and the 2 of them will live happily ever after and I will find that book in Inkheart (is that the name?) and morph into her..... :blushing:

Wow.What a statement.

Would you care to embellish it with any sort of back up?

Because Jaime and Cersei were engaging in treason, not to mention incest and the fact that Jaime is of the Kingsguard. And Robert would probably have the abominations (Tommen, Myrcella, and Joffrey) killed in his rage. Jaime thought he had to kill Bran to save his own life -- this is absolute canon from the books.

This

The last sentence in the Song of Ice and Fire will obviously be:

"Jaime Lannister sat down on the Iron Throne and waited to see who would come and claim it"

It is known

OOOH.. Interesting.. I like it, but I would hate it.. I want a definitive ending. My imagination would run wild with all kinds of possible endings.

I'm confident Jaime is the valonqar - the problem is, after killing Cersei (if Tommen and Myrcella are already dead), would his life have any meaning?

I like to think that he would have a long and prosper life far from Westeros, maybe with Brienne, but that's highly unlikely, specially if, like Tyrion, he becomes a kinslayer (as if he hadn't done enough to make everyone hate him). So, yes, I think he'll die after killing Cersei, in battle, maybe even an honorable death. And I'm hoping he'll leave a little bastard inside Brienne to be the future Lord of Tarth before dying.

In case Brienne dies before him, I'm hoping he'll become the 1000th Lord Commander of the NW.

I'm confident Jaime is the valonqar - the problem is, after killing Cersei (if Tommen and Myrcella are already dead), would his life have any meaning?

Somewhere on a thread someone came up with the thought the Valonqar will be Stannis - he's a younger brother! The thought is so delicious to me I hope it comes true cuz I'm ready to eat it up. :cheers:

It's what gives me hope for Jaime.

Well Jaime is the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard and as long as he is that and he's got a king or queen to follow he'll have a purpose. And if that goes to hell as well he can still turn to his House out. So I don't think that Jaime will run out of stuff for him to do that can be connected with his search for honor.

Archived