Best/Funniest lines in Season One

blu2penguin

Sansa: "I'll be a queen just like you, I promise. I won't hatch anything."

(When I heard that, I couldn't help thinking of Dany, and what she was soon to be hatching across the sea.)

Ser Barristan: "Even now I could cut through the five of you like carving a cake!"

Almost anything coming out of Tyrion's mouth.

Sansa: "I'll be a queen just like you, I promise. I won't hatch anything."

(When I heard that, I couldn't help thinking of Dany, and what she was soon to be hatching across the sea.)

Haha, that was fun.

Robb: Did you get a look at his daughters?

Cat: I did.

long pause

Robb: And?

long pause

Cat: ...one was...

long pause

-

Robb: Tell lord Tywin winter is coming for him. 20 000 Northerners marching south to find out if he really does shit gold.

Jaime to Catelyn: 'You look lovely tonight Lady Stark. Widowhood becomes you. Your bed must be lonely, is that why you came? I'm not at my best, but I think I could be of service. Here, slip out of that gown and we'll see if I'm up to it.'

This and Littlefinger's "naked Knight" comment to Barristan made my blood boil.

Some people are too noble or graceful to be mocked like that. Learn some respect, boys!

"I will not sit idle by and wait for the snows to come.."

visery:"with one egg i can buy a ship. with two eggs a ship and an army."

jorah:"..and you have all 3"

viserys:"i need a large army!"

King Robert to stupid Lancel: You heard The Hand. Go find the breast plate stretcher. Now!

can someone explain to me why that's so funny? i really don't get it.

Because there is no such thing as a "breastplate stretcher", but Lancel is stupid and scared spitless and rushes on to seek it without thinking? Also, Mark Addy's delivery? There, I killed the beast for ya :wideeyed:

I couldn't help myself...I had to write down Tyrion's whole confession:

Tyrion: “Where do I begin, my Lords and Ladies? I’m a vile man. I confess it. My crimes and sins are beyond counting. I have lied and cheated. Gambled and whored.

I’m not particularly good at violence, but I’m good at convincing others to do violence for me.

You want specifics, I suppose.

When I was 7, I saw a servant girl bathing in the river. I stole her robe and she was forced to return to the castle naked and in tears. I closed my eyes. I can still see her tits bouncing.

When I was 10, I stuffed my uncles boots with goat shit. When confronted with my crime, I blamed a squire. Poor boy was flogged and I escaped justice. When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake. I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew – which I do believe my sister ate (at least I hope she did). I once brought a jackass and a honeycomb into a brothel…”

Lysa: “SILENCE!!!!!!!!”

I also love:

Shaggar: "How would you like to die, Tyrion, son of Tywin?"

Tyrion: "In my own bed, at the age of 80, with a belly full of wine and a girls mouth around my cock."

Bran: "I'm not a cripple."

Tyrion: "Then I'm not a dwarf. My father will be rejoiced to hear it."

Tyrion: "And how do a bear's balls taste?"

Yoren: "A bit chewy. What about you, milord. What's the strangest thing you've eaten?"

Tyrion: "Do Dornish girls count?"

Tyrion: "And go celibate? The whores would go begging from Casterly Rock. I just want to stand on the edge and piss off the end of the world."

Ros: "The queen has two brothers?"

Tyrion: "There's the pretty one, and there's the clever one."

Ros: "I hear they call him the imp."

Tyrion: "I hear he hates that nickname."

Ros: "Oh? I hear he's more than earned it. I hear he's a drunken little lecher, prone to all manner of perversions."

Tyrion: "Clever girl."

"I kicked him in the balls! And I kept kicking him until he was dead!" -Hot Pie

"I didn't say it was your honor." -Old Bear

"It's an improvement. " Jon Snow

"War was easier than daughters." -Ned

those are all I can remember at the moment, but I know I laughed a lot during the show. And for all the right reasons too!

Archived