House Family Traits and Genetics

Uhtred Stark

Is it me or does everyone who has kids want them to look like them? I love how GRRM uses genetics in his books. I like how the Lannisters are almost all similar. This also applies to the Targaryens and the Barantheons.

Do any other houses have Familiar genetic traits throught thier lineage?

another question according to your looks what house would you belong to?

Is it me or does everyone who has kids want them to look like them? I love how GRRM uses genetics in his books. I like how the Lannisters are almost all similar. This also applies to the Targaryens and the Barantheons.

Do any other houses have Familiar genetic traits throught thier lineage?

More obviously, the Tullys are red-haired and have blue eyes and the Freys all look like a pack of weasels.

Then you have the Daynes who tend to have violet eyes and uncommon good looks and the Crakehalls who are strong and burly (the men) and robust and buxom (the women).

More obviously, the Tullys are red-haired and have blue eyes and the Freys all look like a pack of weasels.

Then you have the Daynes who tend to have violet eyes and uncommon good looks and the Crakehalls who are strong and burly (the men) and robust and buxom (the women).

i had totally forgot about the Tullys, Freys, and daynes. Is there anyother physical description of the Crakehalls?.. hmm do we know of anyother Houses?

i had totally forgot about the Tullys, Freys, and daynes. Is there anyother physical description of the Crakehalls?.. hmm do we know of anyother Houses?

I am Barack Obama-ish in looks, 6'3" 185, broad shouldered but thin. I don't know if they have a house in Westeros like that? Dorne?

I always thought it's rather odd that each house has its distinct physical features, given the amount of inter-house marriages taking place in Westeros. One would expect most of the nobility in the books to share somewhat similar physical traits. Then again, it is Fantasy.

Unfortunately for me, none of the Houses described so far match my physical features.

I'd venture a guess that Mormonts are fairly large and hairy (at least the men are fuzzy), Boltons are built sparse and pale, on the pasty side, with light-colored eyes. This from the limited descriptions we've gotten of Jeor, Jorah, Maege, Dancy, Roose, and Ramsey.

Archived