ADWD coming early?

Lord of Nothing

How much would someone living in the states pay for international 2 day shipping? Too much?

Just to see what happens, I've just placed an order for 2-day shipping to the US. The shipping works out to be about $42.50. Edit: and, as has been said, the total cost including the price of the book is about $65.

Around $65 USD.

Heh, I figured so. I can only hope Amazon.de breaking the embargo will cause a chain reaction of embargo breakers.

Edit:

Just to see what happens, I've just placed an order for 2-day shipping to the US. The shipping works out to be about $42.50.

Still not worth it. Though if someone would have asked me yesterday what I'd pay to get it two weeks early, i'd probably say around $50 max. :P

"Wir bereiten diese Artikel gerade für den Versand vor, daher ist es nicht mehr möglich, diesen Teil Ihrer Bestellung zu stornieren oder zu ändern."

Oh yes. Only ordered it 5 minutes ago.

I'm getting the same message... I just shelled out for it, I figure if it ships I'll cancel my amazon.com order and it'll be worth the extra clink to get it two weeks early. I'm still fairly skeptical that it will actually ship early... but man, every indication on the website, their e-mails, etc is that it will. They're gonna have a customer service shitstorm on their hands if they change their mind now, heh.

hmm... changed my order.

strangely i didn't get an email for my preorder and had to order anew to get the early date..... i guess I'll see whether it arrives tomorrow :D

according to amazon.com they have it in stock as well (or i get the the german webpage date version via amazon.com . i don't know.)

Well I joined the crowd, too. Estimated delivery date July 12th, so no difference, except that it says in my order that my preference was for items to be shipped as soon as they are available. :D

Hopefully I get one of those awesome e-mails, too.

Ordered 2 day from the US for $65.87 and it's saying June 30. Yeah I don't care that I spent that much, I just want the book.

Man at least wait until we get confirmation the Amazon Germans are actually shipping it and it is not an error.

What are the chances that this will encourage Amazon.com to release early after seeing all of their business going to the german side?

Pretty limited, I think. The few dozen or few hundred people who will (a) know about this and (b) want the book badly enough to pay such a high price are hardly all of the business Amazon.com will do on this book. Besides, the publisher might be willing to let an embargo breach by Amazon.de slide; Amazon.com is another matter.

Archived