What happend to the Greg Clegane party?

Lucreel

Ok, sorry for the perhaps confusing thread title, not sure what to call it in like 20 characters.

Ned sent out a party of knights to apprehend and execute Gregor Clegane, "The Mountain that Moves". Later in the book, we see him fighting alongside the Lannisters.

Doesn't seem like we ever heard about those people again, who were sent to apprehend Clegane.

I haven't read the later books yet (just starting Clash of Kings) - without spoiling what happens, do we ever hear about them again? Or did Martin just forget about them? From what I've read so far in GoT, I don't think that Martin would forget about something like that - there must be more to that story. I'm guessing I'll hear the end of that tale in Clash of Kings?

Have you reached the Moat Cailin chapter yet? If not, don't read the spoiler. If you have:

Apparently, Lord Beric ran into Gregor's ambush, and was chopped to pieces. The report Robb had was fairly sketchy, but essentially, Gregor destroyed Beric's force, and then returned to Lord Tywin, who then began burning his way up towards Harrenhal.

Have you reached the Moat Cailin chapter yet? If not, don't read the spoiler. If you have:

In which book? I read a short section GoT where they were at Moat Cailin - they didn't stay there very long. Or are you referring to something in Clash of Kings where they return to Moat Cailin?

I'll have to go re-read that chapter. I Guess somehow I read through that section and it just didn't register with me that they were discussing the execution party sent by Ned.

In which book? I read a short section GoT where they were at Moat Cailin - they didn't stay there very long. Or are you referring to something in Clash of Kings where they return to Moat Cailin?

I'll have to go re-read that chapter. I Guess somehow I read through that section and it just didn't register with me that they were discussing the execution party sent by Ned.

It's in GoT, in the chapter where Cat arrives with Brynden. It's a very passing mention, and IIRC, dumped on top of a load of other news.

It's in GoT, in the chapter where Cat arrives with Brynden. It's a very passing mention, and IIRC, dumped on top of a load of other news.

I thought that Beric Dondarrion had his party nearly wiped out but he himself made it out alive. How else would he have been raiding the supply trains at the end of the book?

I thought that Beric Dondarrion had his party nearly wiped out but he himself made it out alive. How else would he have been raiding the supply trains at the end of the book?

He did. Even so, he was still mentioned by Robb, who presumably received some travelers' tale about Beric.

See, I thought when you said he was "hacked up" that that meant he died with his group.

Poor choice of words on my part. Though technically, he did die, he just didn't stay dead.

• 1 month later...

Archived