ADWD come early thread II

Calibandar

Knurk,

I believe XanderPanda means that forums other than our own are proving spoiler-riddled. We are extremely carefully restricting things to the ADwD forum, with harsh penalties for spoilers out of it.

I'm sorry, I'm confused, has anyone actually received the book yet or are people just saying that the shipping date on Amazon.de is wrong?

Several people have received the book, and others expect to within the next few days. Yet others are unsure whether the orders they've been billed for and can't cancel will ship now or on the release date.

I'm sorry, I'm confused, has anyone actually received the book yet or are people just saying that the shipping date on Amazon.de is wrong?

A handful of people got the book this morning. Others are still being shipped afaik but amazon seems to have put a stop to most of it. There are some books still underway though and there's some pics of people with the book in their hands. 4chan is full of spoilers atm (some of them are no doubt fake).

But yeah, there's definitely people reading the book right now.

Someone at 4chan getting ahold of the book is the worst possible news! Spoilers will be all over soon :( Just give the go ahead to all bookstores with stock to start selling!

"Versand in Kurze" is rapidly becoming my least favorite phrase

I know the feeling. It's not like I can't wait until July 12th, and I don't even mind winding up with a second copy that I won't get until July 14th and at ridiculous expense, because I knew there was a chance of that when I placed the order. But if they are quietly sitting on the order until the release date, they could at least update the estimate so I know whether or not I should be trying to finish my series re-read by June 30th.

...As troubles go, these are nice ones to have, I realize.

Several people have received the book, and others expect to within the next few days. Yet others are unsure whether the orders they've been billed for and can't cancel will ship now or on the release date.

My copy is sitting on my desk about 2 feet away. But I am at work and can't read... (ok, and I promised to hold myself back until I go on my summer vacation next week.)

Well I'm thoroughly depressed that I didn't try to order from amazon.de when I had the chance. Since I'm off work for the summer, would it be ridiculously sad of me to wander around town snooping in bookstores to see if anyone accidentally put it out? :) I live In a city just under 800k so we have plenty of big box B&N stores as well as independents.

Yeah, but I think what Ran means is, can anyone confirm that site ever said the 12th? It might always have been wrong/approximate.

Yeah, but I think what Ran means is, can anyone confirm that site ever said the 12th? It might always have been wrong/approximate.

well they have the ebook for sale on the 12th link if thats anything. couldnt say for sure what their date for the hardcover was before today, never really had a reason to check

Its not just them though other Australian book retailers have it as the 1st on their websites.

Cool... but have they changed from 12 to 1, or have they always said 1? Because if the latter, it could be a system-wide error due to distributor information, whereas if it's the former, it may indicate that Australia is dropping the July 12 world-wide date all the sudden, possibly precipitated by the Amazon.de situation.

I've emailed sfbok.se to see what they are doing, but I've yet to receive a response. Will stop by there after work as I'm going to a restaurant in the area and see if I can get an answer that way.

Archived