Where to get ADWD early?

since the adwd early thread is locked...

I thought it might Be a good idea to make a List of Stores that sell adwd now... or maybe Not?! I have no idea if this thread is against the Rules or Not so I better do Not Start the List until I get the okay. just this: of you live in munich, Germany, pm me if u want the book today.

I suspect us Aussie's are gonna be disappointed tomorrow:

Even though the release date at most bookstores (at least up here in Queensland) Friday 01/07 it isn't looking likely. My girlfriends mother manages a QBD and although they're still advertising it as tomorrow, at this moment no copies have arrived at stores. She suspects they'll get it delivered, but they'll get an embargo order first thing in the morning.

My best bet would be to go to an Angus & Robertson. They've gone into receivership with all stores closing soon, so I reckon they'll be like 'embargo emshmargo'.

Someone mentioned yesterday that s/he was able to get a copy in Tübingen at one of southern Germany's bookstore chains. I'd guess that the Freiburg stores would have it, too. Unfortunately, s/he didn't actually mention the name of the chain.

I talked to the guys from the local genre bookshop. They don't have the book yet and expect to get it only one or two days before the 12th. I'm sooo torn now: I had always planned to support them and buy the book there - but I also know that I have to get ahead of those spoilers if at all possible in the next two weeks where I'll be online all day at the office...

Just wait and support your local store. You can get spoilers elsewhere if you really need to do so. But I have to say you're better off without the spoilers. They've just made me all the more ravenous for the actual book. If it wasn't the Fourth of July this weekend, I might have considered an early Euro "vacation," know what I'm saying? :P

Just wait and support your local store. You can get spoilers elsewhere if you really need to do so. But I have to say you're better off without the spoilers. They've just made me all the more ravenous for the actual book. If it wasn't the Fourth of July this weekend, I might have considered an early Euro "vacation," know what I'm saying? :P

By "getting ahead of spoilers" I meant that I don't want to be spoilt, but it's enormouly dangerous when you're sitting in front of a computer 10 hours/day. Therefore I'd rather have the book as quickly as possible to read it and then be able to stroll the net again without fear.

Harper Collins UK are adamant the Harper Collins AUS date is an error. We will see!

I'd say if there was any chance of an early release in Australia it went down the tubes yesterday when George himself blogged and called on people to post if they had any knowledge of other places selling advance copies. A few people posted very early on about the Australia rumors, and I'm sure George or Ty or someone in GRRM's circle saw it and got on the horn, if they hadn't heard the rumors already.

I suspect us Aussie's are gonna be disappointed tomorrow:

Even though the release date at most bookstores (at least up here in Queensland) Friday 01/07 it isn't looking likely. My girlfriends mother manages a QBD and although they're still advertising it as tomorrow, at this moment no copies have arrived at stores. She suspects they'll get it delivered, but they'll get an embargo order first thing in the morning.

My best bet would be to go to an Angus & Robertson. They've gone into receivership with all stores closing soon, so I reckon they'll be like 'embargo emshmargo'.

Angus & Robertson and Borders aren't taking any new stock. The one near me is now a "Books4Sale".

I will go to my local QBD, but with low expectations. I half-wish it won't be there since I have pre-ordered it at Dymocks, which seems to be advertising it as 12/7 online or 14/7 instore (I will throw a small tantrum at the latter).

My local bookstore is staffed by pretentious douches. :frown5:

With my luck they won't have any copies of ADWD either. Probably waiting for the translation. :bang:

Hi!

Yes, this might be considered as one of those registrations-because-of-general-hype. But at least I have some info to share. Over at towerofthehand.com, someone mentioned that in Tübingen the Osiander bookstore would sell ADWD. Well, I live in Konstanz, where there are also two Osianders. I asked them about the book and they told me that they haven't sold a single copy in any of their stores. On a more positive note, someone over at Eis-und-Feuer.de went to the big bookstores in Stuttgart and it seems as if Hugendubel does not have it and will not sell it until July 12. But at the other big one, Wittwer, they said they would be selling it tomorrow. For those who speak German, here is the link to that statement.

I know that does not help much and actually I have made my peace with waiting until July 12. Hopefully I will manage to avoid spoilers for the next two weeks.

I will go to my local QBD, but with low expectations. I half-wish it won't be there since I have pre-ordered it at Dymocks, which seems to be advertising it as 12/7 online or 14/7 instore (I will throw a small tantrum at the latter).

The Dymocks in Perth CBD told me the 14th as well. If you order it online it'll probably arrive on the 14th anyway.

Thinking I might try a non-chain.

Archived