Where to get ADWD early?

I've been wondering about that myself. The order page on Amazon.jp for it has the usual date.

I suppose I could order it, then cancel it if doesn't start shipping immediately. But how do I know that I'm buying the english version, and not the one in Japanese?

I've been wondering about that myself. The order page on Amazon.jp for it has the usual date.

I suppose I could order it, then cancel it if doesn't start shipping immediately. But how do I know that I'm buying the english version, and not the one in Japanese?

I highly doubt the Japanese version is even close to completed yet (I've only ever seen the first and second books in stores here) so there's not much danger of that happening (and if it does you'll have something cool and exotic to show all your friends!). At any rate if the cover is in English the book should be as well.

I don't really know what to tell anybody. When I ordered it told me to expect it had the usual date and actually told me in the email ( actually it was my gf's email so i don't know if they sent another one in the last few days) that I would probably get it around the 21st of July which i thought was pretty understandable. Then low and behold a delivery man came today with a big fat book for me.

If it was me i wouldn't want to go through the hassle/uncertainty of ordering the book outside Japan through the amazon.jp website, but I'm glad I lucked out.

I'm on the Amazon Japan web-page, but it won't accept my e-mail and password in english. Do you have to use Japanese characters?

Quite possibly. Actually I should have mentioned that my girlfriend ordered it through her account. But I do remember from years ago when I set up my account that I had to write my name in katakana as well (not the characters but one of the two Japanese phonetic alphabets). I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't possible to order outside of Japan through the Japanese website.

@The Halfhand

Did you just duplicate your normal Amazon account when creating a new one on Amazon.jp?

Sorry to ask so many questions. I just don't want anything to fuck up my normal Amazon account.

I created a new account. Shipping to AUS is more than the book. Hahaha.

Eh, I took a shot. If it doesn't ship by tomorrow, I'm canceling.

Lord Pounce -- did you receive a shipping notice at all?

Like I said my GF did it through her account. I'll ask her tonight (about 6 hours from now).

I've done it, come to the order screen, and it's $71.30 to do it express (2-5 days).

I'll pass. I can get both the e-book and the hard copy for a little over half that if I wait until July 12.

I created a new account. Shipping to AUS is more than the book. Hahaha.

Eh, I took a shot. If it doesn't ship by tomorrow, I'm canceling.

Lord Pounce -- did you receive a shipping notice at all?

Could you let me know if you get it?

Can't think of any way to repay you, but if you actually get the book and were to tell me, I'd really appreciate it.

I called amazon customer service today and asked if I could purchase ADWD from the Japanese websight. I did this because I can not read Japanese so I couldn't place an order on Amazon.jp.... They told me that they were not able to do that, and I said thanks anyways...

The interesting thing about this, is that I then received an apology email from them saying that they would be shipping everything else that was in my que to make up for it. The only thing in it right now is ADWD... I am hoping...

But how do I know that I'm buying the english version, and not the one in Japanese?

One of the main reasons I keep Google Chrome as a browser option on my computer is for the auto-translation. If you scroll down with the page translated via Chrome, under Languages it says 'English, English, English'.

Why three times? I have no idea. I'd also like to know if people who order through amazon.jp's website if it goes through. Lord knows I couldn't afford the shipping right now, but it would give me something realistic to obsess over rather than staring at the calendar. ~.~

Archived