[BOOK SPOILERS] What spoilers would you consider giving to a non-book reading friend

Tyro Lannister

I usually tell them backstories (Roberts Rebellion, Targaryens, ect), and explain more about the characters. Some of my friends who are avid TV followers still don't know the names of all the characters, or remember who the different ones are.

one of my friends (who hasn't read the books but loves the show) was reading some backstory of places on wikipedia. we had some discussion of events, places, characters, etc. earlier which sparked his interest. as i started to walk past him, i saw that he was reading about the various castles. he was currently reading about the wall and directly under that section said winterfell and riverun. under each of those sections i glanced and saw words like "sacked" and "red wedding". i immediately did a patton 1980's movie "NOOOOOOOOOOOO" and lunged for his mouse while closing his browser in one fell swoop. i said,"you'll thank me later" and walked away.

As the title says I am looking for some suggestions on what I could get away with spoiling to a friend of mine who is not going to read the books but is nevertheless interesting in knowing just a little more after having watched the tv series..

And what do you think about spoiling the R+L=J theory? Since the tv series skips Ned's dream about the tower of joy there really isn't anything to go on.. so I was thinking this would be a nice one to spoil them on.

Why would you want to spoil them? Is the incentive just to prove you know more? I guess I'm missing something here.

I have several friends who haven't read the books and I try not to say anything. I find that if people are patient enough is explained. And they all have their theories on Jon's parentage and Littlefinger's motivations and so on. If I watch myself, I can still discuss quite a bit with them, sticking to the show or simply discussing less factual items.

Watching the story unfold was such a great thing in reading. I wouldn't want to spoil that for anyone.

certainly would consider leaking to the friend that Joffrey gets killed. I think that would enforce that at least a couple of good and just things happen in the show, and that they would want to stay watching the show just to see the inbred shit choke in front of a whole feast.

That's going to be a moment worth waiting for!

when watching with new viewers, I often find myself giggling inappropriately at parts that they find very serious - and then I get funny looks.

Like, much of episode 6 is f-ing hilarious. For example when Sansa is being a total biotch to Septa Mordane my new-viewer brother was getting really angry at her, whereas me and my husband were laughing our asses off... :lmao: We actually love Sansa due to knowledge of later books, so this part was just amusing... but to him it was srsbznz since he's worried about what her dumbass attitude will do to the Stark family.

As the title says I am looking for some suggestions on what I could get away with spoiling to a friend of mine who is not going to read the books but is nevertheless interesting in knowing just a little more after having watched the tv series..

And what do you think about spoiling the R+L=J theory? Since the tv series skips Ned's dream about the tower of joy there really isn't anything to go on.. so I was thinking this would be a nice one to spoil them on.

Tease them about how upcoming seasons will introduce the other major kingdoms of the Seven Kingdoms, since we really only know 4 thus far -- Starks, Lannisters, Baratheons, and...Tullys? (not sure if they're considered one of the 7 or if it's the Greyjoys). And if they ask for more, you can safely hint that we already met one Tyrell, ie. the gay knight with Renly.

Archived