Boskone Reports and Rumours

GoN

Alright, Goat and CDOT here, hanging in the lobby of the hotel at an internet terminal like a couple of hardcore geeks. Since we did not actually attend anything like 'panels' or 'signings' or 'readings' or 'con things' I'll instead tell you that last night's pre party party was a roaring success. Our only competition last night was Tor, and I would brag about kicking their ass but they actually gave us a shitload of beer when they ended so they are automatically very cool guys. Big thumbs up to them!

I think there were about 18 of us sleeping in the Con suite so that lead to some interesting um... arrangements. As you all know, what goes on at the con stays at the con, but i do have pictures, so PM me if you want some dirt on any of the following people:

Racebannon

CDoT

Cocomaan

Yagathai

Pod

DrunkenDornish princess

Goat of Nymeria

Dajamieson

Stegoking

StegoQueen

relic

Jeff

Hammer137

Ran

Getting ready for the big party tonight. I think Xray has some crazy bar stuff planned which means that basically I can slack off and act up. Like I would ever act up. ;)

reporting more later!

alison...coco has yer phone. doh

oh fuck, how'd that happen?

tell him to call me at home! I'll hook up with him on his way home!

and thanks for the message babe!

oh, my home number is listed as "home" in my phone.

Goddamnit!

<sigh of relief> Okay, phone situation is under control AND I get to see Stego AGAIN this week. :love:

It was wicked to meet all of you yesterday. We had a great time. My friend Tim can't wait to join the boards now (nice job guys, way to real 'em in)!

You all did an amazing job pulling off a great party!

Anyways, if anyone wants descriptions or dirt.... well, I don't have any dirt but of the BwB-ers I met, I will say I wish I had had more time to hang and wasn't so dull-witted from working so damn much these past two months.

and the frog-lady Plushie was more scarey than I could ever be. <shudder> I wasn't prepared for that.... at all....

:ninja:

and the frog-lady Plushie was more scarey than I could ever be. <shudder> I wasn't prepared for that.... at all....

:ninja:

Oh feck it!!!!

Why did nobody tell me there would be plushies? :cry:

I want pictures for the 'vault'. ;)

Oh feck it!!!!

Why did nobody tell me there would be plushies? :cry:

I want pictures for the 'vault'. ;)

Trust me, you'd rather not know. In fact, I've deliberately omitted that detail from my con report in the hopes that doing so speeds its exit from my mind. :ack:

Many thanks to Stego and the BWB for a great weekend! I apologize in advance for the fact that I probably won't remember names/faces/callsigns of all the people I talked to, but you all made this a great weekend.

I've posted a full con report on my journal. Be warned, I'm not sure how well it complies with the local spoiler policies here (nothing other than the name of the previously announced POV character who starred in the Dragons chapter of the week for book 5, but previous books are fair game and one of my linked Vericon entries talks a bit about the chapter George read there, as well confirmation of a POV character listed in the "update" section of his website - all very minor stuff in my personal view).

Jusssst got back from the con, and I'd say it was a resounding success.

However, I am goddamned tired, so I'm gonna crash and leave you all in suspense a while longer. Besides, it wouldn't be right for me to give dirt on people before GoN. I mean, come on. No.

-Cadwofth

Trust me, you'd rather not know. In fact, I've deliberately omitted that detail from my con report in the hopes that doing so speeds its exit from my mind. :ack:

Oh I assure you I would rather know. Now I hear talk of a 'furry' appearance and me stuck here in furryless London!!!! :(

Plushie Frog Woman was wack. Be-corseted Furry (yes, you read that right) was at least entertaining.

I've some incriminating photos of Stego and Race in my camera. Maybe I should just buy a URL and feature nothing but same-sex BwB lovin'. A New Pic Every Week!!

Anyway -- damn, I see that I didn't meet all the boarders -- I probably fixed you a too-strong drink, though. So that's something. 'Twas awesome to meet all ya'll. Mr. X and I have already started planning our bartending stint (should they let us near the booze ever again) for LA. (Yag -- PM me yer addy. There'll be gin comin' your way.)

Oh yeah -- props to Brienne the Beauty for the fab threads. Girl, you were rockin' 'em!

Finally -- big-ass all around props to Stego for the amazing job he did herding us BwB cats. The man deserves a medal, a big smooch from his wife, and another screwdriver.

Archived