Boskone Reports and Rumours

GoN

*puked his fucking brains out*

Well, I suppose I did make the screwdrivers a bit strong....

Though you did say "It's OK, I'm switching over to beer after this one," only to follow up 10 minutes later with "Mr. X, can you make me another screwdriver?"

:)

I'll have something to say when I finally wake/sober up.

See Ya Thursday!

Meanwhile, I'll say it: Stego & Crew -- including but hardly limited to Lady Stego, The X Contingent, Bartendress of Nymeria, and everyone who attended -- did a damn fine job.

I don't recall George mentioning anything about Dunk and Egg in particular. He of course was asked his publishing schedule for ADwD. George said he has been traveling so much he hasn't really had time to write much. But he only has one appearance between now and World Con which is a Columbus con over Memoroial day. So he expects to start making progress soon.

As others have said the reading was the first Tyrion Chapter.

Now on to the fun stuff

A huge thanks to the Stegos for busting ass and throwing a kick ass party. Gon and Daj you guys of course were awesome. The X couple were tremendous bartenders on Saturday along with Gon on Friday.

Coco, gave everyone a case of the black syphilis. But his phone call to relic was top notch.

Sorc and Doran, totally glad you made it to the party on Saturday, I was pretty loaded so i didnt really get a chance to talk to you that much :P

Stilgar fricking POWNZ. "Honk"

Cdot glad you made it through the weekend unsullied.

Balefont really is a ninja, and she didn't kill me or even flip me the bird. I'm a bit disapointed about the later actually. Glad Mr. Font and friend had a good time.

Regina and hubby....Adam? I need to not drink so much so i remember names. They were Stalwarts.

Pod of course was pod. That guy is a wild man. I've never seen anyone chug down that much tequila that fast. Podrick wasnt modeled after Pod... Randal Tarly was.

Yags cool to meet you and thankls for the munging tips. Briene costume was sweet.

and of course Frisco, thanks for for the hook-up man. With the shower I mean. :P

my apologies to anyone I forgot to mention in my drunken haze of memories.

As my camera was no where to be found I want to see everyones pictures!

Still half asleep.....

But Ghost's Companion won the Dany chapters in the raffle. Everyone else that won was present.

The audio book of A Feast For Crows was not claimed, so I'm going to send that on to Lodey for the LA raffle.

Speaking of Lodey.....

This extravaganza would not have been possible without the generous donations from the BwB fund. It's shocking, how much things end up costing.

The con was awesome, even if it appears I didn't meet everyone from the boards who attended. A huge thank you to Stego for being so recognizable (oh yeah, and for all his hard work!) otherwise I might have missed you guys altogether.

The BwB party was definitely the highlight of the whole weekend. So nice to finally meet everyone - even if Balefont couldn't stay very long and I didn't have much of a chance to talk to daj, GoN, X-ray or CDot. Now that I've seen catwoman, I know how important it is to repress the inner feline....!

I'd definitely do it again.

And sorry, CD, Pod was just too nice to be mean to him.

Oh I assure you I would rather know. Now I hear talk of a 'furry' appearance and me stuck here in furryless London!!!! :(

Yes, I think he would rather know. :P

Thanks Stego and Lady Stego for all their work. It was a lot of fun. Hope you got your flight this time Race. :P

Funniest moment of the con was probably Coco's chat with Relic on the phone. :lol:

GRRM did mention at last nights meal that he had been working on D&E Part 3 but wrapping it up wasn't as easy as he hoped. But he is close. Originally it took place right after tSS but now he has decided to give it a 1.5 year gap but that means another round of mods to ensure the timeline works. (A 1.5 year gap makes sense to me if he wants to continue to progress Egg's story up to and beyond him taking the crown). He also reminded me of the state of the Starks 100 years ago...

SPOILER: Starks 100 years ago
I was suggesting it would be nice to see the Starks in power, without the current disarray. But GRRM pointed out that things were not so good 90 years either, with a lot of Stark widows struggling for power, with the current lord dieing from a wound taken against some Ironborn. Although I could have the reason for his wound up. I'm reading the RPG game book at the moment and I might be mixing things together. There is a lot of Stark kids around though, so ending the line wasn't a problem. I think he said 10 children, from various Starks members.

Oh, and I don't know whether the Starks are actually going to feature in the next book. It does seem like he has an idea about a Stark story though.

Anyone remember what he called the Stark widows btw? Wolf crones or something?

And sorry, CD, Pod was just too nice to be mean to him.

:lol: Thanks Sorc. Although Yags and Stego (and nearly everyone else) made up for your decency!!!

Pod,

Very interesting. If anyone has anything more to add to that, I'm all ears. ;) I wonder ... was Cregan Stark's name ever mentioned?

Although now that I think of it, given the timing of Raymun Redbeard's attack (~100 years ago), I suppose it would be Artos the Implacable who'd be the dead lord in question, although of course things might be aggravated through his brother Willam's widow (if, for example, she had a daughter who was passed over in favor of Artos...)

SPOILER: potential short story idea
He mentioned something about five Lady Starks running Winterfell -- the Wolf Women or something like that -- with four of them widows of a bunch of fairly recent former Lord Starks, and the current Lady Stark, whose 30-something husband is fading fast from a wound taken from fighting the Ironborn.

Speaking of Lodey.....

This extravaganza would not have been possible without the generous donations from the BwB fund. It's shocking, how much things end up costing.

Would love to take credit, but the cash came from the great work of the Glasgow Worldcon folks (I imagine CoC's Wall had something to do with this) - giving us something to work with this year. Let me know if you need further funds to cover Stego - we will get em taken care of. Great to see everyone having a blast, new friends, and old, and that the BwB represented. You all rock.

Pod,

Very interesting. If anyone has anything more to add to that, I'm all ears. ;) I wonder ... was Cregan Stark's name ever mentioned?

Although now that I think of it, given the timing of Raymun Redbeard's attack (~100 years ago), I suppose it would be Artos the Implacable who'd be the dead lord in question, although of course things might be aggravated through his brother Willam's widow (if, for example, she had a daughter who was passed over in favor of Artos...)

Does the Stark situation of "100 years ago" mean it was happening around the same time as Dunk and Egg? Is there the possibility of integrating this info into a future S+E short story?

Aratan

Hi! The parties were awesome, as always, and it was great fun hanging out with all of you. Thanks X-ray and Mr. X for the fine cocktails on Saturday night.

I'll be at Worldcon in LA (Anaheim actually, isn't it?), and hope to see a lot of you there!

Kristin

Well, it looks like I was so long idle on the board that another user took "Brienne The Beauty". That's what I get for not posting.

So, this is Shelle (aka the woman in the Cersei costume).

It was wonderful meeting many of you at Boskone. You throw a great party (and X-Ray makes great gin and tonics!). StegoKing and StegoQueen, you are such gracious hosts - I really felt welcome.

Looking forward to seeing you all at Worldcon (if not before).

Archived