Who is best suited to rule?

Ser Frank Haven

Stannis and Rhaeger are the only ones who realize that The Others are a major threat. Ned respects The Watch enough that he probably could have organized against The Others well enough. Most other potential Kings are mostly concerned with power and not the realm.

Olena Tyrell.

I think she is one of the samrtest character not to mention she doesnt get hate for her deeds either (she is not the one to get the blame for Joffrey, ), she knows how to keep her hands clean (cleaner than Tywin, since in his case everyone is aware that he was the one who was responsible for Ellias and the others mmurder, since he gave the orders. ).

Tywin Lannister. Respected and feared, and for good reason, but from what we saw was also an able administrator.

As long as the throne isn't hereditary. If it is, then Tywin's extraordinary parental skills are bound to FUBAR the succession, and we have another civil war.

Still, while alive, he would make a better king than Robert. But the same's true for a lot of people.

The greatest threat to the realm is the Others. Only a man who understands that can rule. That means Jon Snow or Stannis Baratheon are the only two men qualified, currently, to be King.

Stannis, however, is an inflexible madman when it comes to "justice". Stanins will never work as King for this reason. It will mean a rebellion all over again when the realm can least afford it.

That means Jon Snow must be King. As his Hand, he needs the wisdom, advice and practicality of Tyrion Lannister or, perhaps, Petyr Baelish.

My problem with Baelish is his cynicism regarding magic and the Others. Were he to have his Third eye opened, as it were, he would serve King Jon as an able Hand.

As between the two, Tyrion at least has a measure of honour; Littlefinger does not.

As long as the throne isn't hereditary. If it is, then Tywin's extraordinary parental skills are bound to FUBAR the succession, and we have another civil war.

Still, while alive, he would make a better king than Robert. But the same's true for a lot of people.

Not so sure about that. He took a long, strange path to get there but I think Jamie has finally turned out all right and I have no doubt a King Tywin would immediately dismiss Jamie from the Kingsguard so he can get back to being the heir.

Well, my first answer was Ned, because he's just, yet compassionate, and he has military experience.

However, upon further reflection he wouldn't be able to handle dealing with manipulators at Court.

So, I'd then probably have to say Tywin. He was the Mad King's Hand for 20 years, so he basically WAS King, and the realm knew 20 years of peace and prosperity.

Stannis for the Seven Kingdoms. He'd give the people justice. I think Robb would have made a great king for the North (had he won) but the Starks have no chance to do anything good at all in KL. I don't know who would be a suitable ruler for the Iron Islands, though. I guess nobody. They don't deserve being independent, and they only want to break free of the 7 kingdoms so they could rape and pillage again. Any man who would rule the Islands and stop their evil ways would be good for Westeros, but not for the Iron Islands. Any man who would continue with the "iron way" would be good for the Ironborn, but not for Westeros. I'm all for genocide in this case (sorry if that sounded a bit harsh). I say Stannis it is, then. Maybe Dany could be a good candidate, too. Not quite sure about Jon Snow, though, and Tyrion should still retain some position of power.

Not so sure about that. He took a long, strange path to get there but I think Jamie has finally turned out all right and I have no doubt a King Tywin would immediately dismiss Jamie from the Kingsguard so he can get back to being the heir.

He tried (in regard to Casterly Rock), Jaime refused. OTOH, Tywin openly informed his legal heir that he intended to fuck him over. That's simply asking for a succession war, worth of Aegon the Unworthy.

King Stannis. He'll be punish for some crimes (his men for raping women, Davos Seaworth for smuggling) and reward for service (Davos Seaworth for fish, onion and faithfullness).

Long live the King!

/smile/

I have my misgivings of Tywin being King, he's too wrapped in his own personal power struggles and ambition for me to believe he wouldn't eventually cause his own set of disasters down the line which is ultimately what happened. A King should also be able to engender the love of his people in order to retain their loyalty and support during the hard times, not just the good.

Stannis would bring unswerving, implacable justice to the seat of absolute power. In that sense, he has a much better chance to clean up the cesspit of Westerosi politics than anyone else. He is dutiful, and has few vices. I'd vote for him over most of the other candidates.

I maintain that while the people would love a ruler like Renly who appeals to them, Stannis or Tywin would make better rulers because of the harsh but fair manner they rule their own men. The realm has been falling apart, torn to pieces by rebellion and corruption, a strong king is needed rather than a king for the people to love.

Archived