Who is best suited to rule?

Ser Frank Haven

Did Dany's dead relatives tell her to sack her way through Slaver's Bay? I'm not sure how you can say she "didn't go out of her way" when Slaver's Bay is in the opposite direction of where she supposedly actually wants to go. By definition, this entire Charlie Foxtrot ruling tutorial thing she's doing is "out of her way."

Oh, you're right, she should have just left all the slaves. I'm sure they hate her for freeing them (hint: this is wrong. They love her.)

Anyway, Dany didn't want to become Queen of Meereen. She became queen because it was her duty to help her newly freed slaves. By your own admission she's the best suited to rule, correct?

Oh, you're right, she should have just left all the slaves. I'm sure they hate her for freeing them (hint: this is wrong. They love her.)

She freed the initial slaves because she needed an army and she didn't have the money for good sellswords. That's it. If she didn't need an army or could have afforded one elsewhere, she couldn't have given less of a shit about "buying" the Unsullied, much less about freeing them. I get that you think her freeing the slaves was some grand gesture of godlike magnanimity, but I think you're a bit naive as to why she did it. How many villages would she have let the Dothraki eventually sack if Drogo hadn't died? You think she would've given two shits about those people? She had sympathy for the ones she had to look in the eye (i.e. the women being raped right in front of her), but what about the others? How many people did Drogo sell into slavery on her behalf?

Anyway, Dany didn't want to become Queen of Meereen. She became queen because it was her duty to help her newly freed slaves. By your own admission she's the best suited to rule, correct?

She sacked the city of her own volition. If she didn't want to have to clean up the mess, she shouldn't have broken the merchandise. She can't stand in the middle of a city that she ordered sacked and then claim that oh no, she doesn't want to rule. That's absurd. If she actually didn't want to rule it then she's a psychotic teenage pillager who sacks places for absolutely no decent reason and doesn't deserve anyone's support or sympathy in any case.

She freed the initial slaves because she needed an army and she didn't have the money for good sellswords. That's it. If she didn't need an army or could have afforded one elsewhere, she couldn't have given less of a shit about "buying" the Unsullied, much less about freeing them. I get that you think her freeing the slaves was some grand gesture of godlike magnanimity, but I think you're a bit naive as to why she did it. How many villages would she have let the Dothraki eventually sack if Drogo hadn't died? You think she would've given two shits about those people? She had sympathy for the ones she had to look in the eye (i.e. the women being raped right in front of her), but what about the others? How many people did Drogo sell into slavery on her behalf?

She sacked the city of her own volition. If she didn't want to have to clean up the mess, she shouldn't have broken the merchandise. She can't stand in the middle of a city that she ordered sacked and then claim that oh no, she doesn't want to rule. That's absurd. If she actually didn't want to rule it then she's a psychotic teenage pillager who sacks places for absolutely no decent reason and doesn't deserve anyone's support or sympathy in any case.

I'm really tired of arguing about Daenerys with you in what seems like every thread on this board. For someone who apparently dislikes her, you seem to spend way too much time thinking about her.

ETA: If you really want to continue, feel free to PM me. I don't want to keep going off-topic on this (or any other) thread.

I'm really tired of arguing about Daenerys with you in what seems like every thread on this board. For someone who apparently dislikes her, you seem to spend way too much time thinking about her.

Likewise.

But really, if you say something that I think is logically faulty, I'm going to say so. Sorry?

I never understood why an extreme like of someone is somehow less acceptable than an extreme dislike. But ah, whatever. I'll assume you have nothing with which to counter my point and bid you good evening.

Likewise.

But really, if you say something that I think is logically faulty, I'm going to say so. Sorry?

I never understood why an extreme like of someone is somehow less acceptable than an extreme dislike. But ah, whatever. I'll assume you have nothing with which to counter my point and bid you good evening.

That's fine. I just think that we end up going round in circles without actually managing to change one another's views. I have plenty to say on why Dany is best suited to rule, but she's so hated on this board that there really is no point in me bothering to explain my views.

Archived