The wait is killing me

Humble Asskicker

Just finished a hasty re-read (of the "speed-read 'til you feel nauseous" variety), now cooking up speculative predictions and explanations (see discussion board for details).

I didn't even have have access to the TV adaptation to keep me busy the last couple of months. :(

Well I gave in and picked it up at the store not far from me that already had them on the shelves. I'm about 100 pages in (don't worry, no spoilers of course). After nearly 7 years, another week just seemed too long, heh. And I wanted it for the weekend.

Now the question is - - how long will we be waiting until the next one? Get writing, George!! :)

Well I gave in and picked it up at the store not far from me that already had them on the shelves. I'm about 100 pages in (don't worry, no spoilers of course). After nearly 7 years, another week just seemed too long, heh. And I wanted it for the weekend.

Now the question is - - how long will we be waiting until the next one? Get writing, George!! :)

He said he'll start writing at the start of 2012.

Has there been any non spoiler reviews from leaked copies?

Oddly, no, or none that I've seen. In fact I've only seen one spoiler-heavy review from the leaked copies. I was expecting more, especially since by now a lot more than 180 books have leaked out.

I have to confess that I caved and perused some of the spoilery stuff on other parts of the interwebs.

Like munching on dried beef while waiting for sweet, sweet steak.

Bloody hell. This damn wait is killing me.

Damn you lucky bastards that got the book early! If I hear any of you actually complain that you've had to keep quiet for so long... :tantrum:

I've only been waiting a few months and it's kiling me so I can't imagine how it must feel to have been waiting years for it.

The worst part is after we finish this book its straight back to the waiting game.

The long-term wait isn't quite so bad - you just kind of shut down the ASOIAF part of your brain, kind of "forget" about it and carry on like normal, maybe have a series re-read or two if you really must. The wait for the next season of the show will be harder, IMHO...

The long-term wait isn't quite so bad - you just kind of shut down the ASOIAF part of your brain, kind of "forget" about it and carry on like normal, maybe have a series re-read or two if you really must. The wait for the next season of the show will be harder, IMHO...

Not to mention the show itself will tide us over. We'll likely see three more seasons before we see Winter.

It's okay. It's pretty much the weekend. If you have stuff going on this weekend, you're golden. And if you work on Monday, even better still. I myself have a busy weekend, we are meeting my sister-in-law at the airport tomorrow afternoon then going to a friend's party in the evening. Sunday, we are going to my husband's parent's house to spend time with his sister who came home the day before for the first time in a year. Monday will be difficult because I will be at home while my husband is at work and I will probably waste the day trying to find a place that put it out early. Tuesday I will wake up and go to whichever bookstore is already open at the time. The only issue will be reading it so quickly as we leave on Friday again.

So my advice to everyone is to make sure to do fun things this weekend and be as busy as possible. After that it's only like one more day so that's not so bad :)

I ordered mine for my kindle but I've never preordered a book before so I'm hoping its available at midnight but with my luck I doubt it. I'm a newbie who started the series prior to the television show after watching a few previews on demand, I stormed through the first 4 books in a few weeks and have been waiting a few months for dance. I can't imagine the 5 year wait most people expect and I dread it. Everytime I think of getting dance and plowing through it the thought of the long wait creeps into my mind and it freaks me out. The last 6 months or so of my life have been all ASOIAF and I need some help integrating myself into normal society. Any suggestions from you veterans on how to cope?

Archived