When all is said and done...

Targ loyalist

So who will it be?Jon?No way!Stannis?More possible,but...Daenerys?Most possible.I think on the end she will have her birthright,but with a great loses...and Tyrion will be the Hand,thats for sure.But in the Jons first chapter in AGOT when Tyrion opened the door on the moment he seemed as tall as a king.Thats a little bit interesting...I doubt he will ever sit the Iron Throne as a true king,but as a Hand or even Regent...

Hopefully, Tommen. Dany would be my second choice. Stannis can go fuck himself.

I agree I would like to either see Tommen or his sister (assuming the current queen dies soon). I have little to no love for Dany, and I think the Targs should never be allowed back upon the throne.

No-one. Dany will prove to be barren, Jon will refuse to leave the wall and so Dany will melt the Iron Throne down and go to face the Others and die. Let the lesser Houses conquer Westeros themselves, rather than living off Targaryen successes... if they can.

Or not. Its all up to GRRM really. ;)

I would like to see Gendry or Edric Storm (as heirs of Stannis, who died as a hero in defense against the others).

But most likely are Dany or Jon, or both, methinks.

My dream-ending, however, would be a totally new dynasty founded by Harry the Heir (who turns out to be smart like LF or Tywin, noble like Ned or Robb, unbending like Stannis or Dany, and charismatic like Renly or Robert) and Sansa.

After a failed attempt of Doran and Dany to conquer Westeros, mainly foiled by the strong Reach, all parts of Westeros except for the Vale are seriously weakened. The Ironborn are repulsed, Euron and Vic slain, their fleet scattered. Then, the others storm the wall. Stannis and Jon fall in a valiant last stand. Bran flees south and reaches the Vale via the Neck (taking Rickon along), where he is reunited with Sansa and Arya (who just killed LF). Bran reveals them the danger of the others. After the others have conquered the rest of Westeros in the long and cruel winter, Harry and his Vale army, supported by refugees from all over Westeros, comes forth deus-ex-machina-style and beats them once and for all in a huge battle. Spring comes. Among a field of thousand flowers, Harry marries Sansa and claims the Iron Throne to himself. He gives the Riverlands to Rickon, the North to Jon, Casterly Rock to Tommen or Tyrion, depending on who survives, and the Stormlands to Gendry or Edrik. The long task of rebuilding begins.

Yes, THAT would be an unexpected, yet totally common fantasy ending. :D

I don't think Tommen will take the Iron Throne, he'll either die or abdicate to someone who he sees as being better suited for it. I think should he be presented the opportunity he will see that he won't be a great king. I feel great responsibility will not sit well on his shoulders and without his mother to goad him on, may end up doing the right thing.

Dany, I have little love for and see it being pointless for her to succeed in taking back the Throne, she can't found a new Targ dynasty. I think she'll die in a fight against the Others. Besides, in all the prophecies that she's beheld, not one (that I can recall at the moment) has actually showed her succeeding in taking back the throne though its probable that she will fall in love with Jon Snow during the fight against the Others.

Jon will not leave the Wall. He's a Stark above all else and he will not forsake his oath to his Brothers, even if that dooms him.

Stannis will not be King, he's done too much to try to get the Throne and failed at it miserably. I think he'll be killed by Melisandre in some sort of treachery or pay back when he casts her aside.

That leaves Edric Storm or Gendry in my mind. Edric is the most obvious choice, being Robert's recognized bastard and the next in succession after Tommen abdicates or dies and Stannis dies. As much as I would like Gendry to become King of Westeros, I don't think it could happen because Gendry isn't even documented as being related to Robert. What can he really say? "I have black hair and blue eyes... I should be king". Correct me if I'm wrong but there have been previous instances of bastards taking Lordships and even the Kingdom in the case of at least one past Targaryen (supposedly one of Aegon's bastards I believe) so Edric has an open and strong contention for the Throne.

No one that has been set up to be loved, like Gendry or Dany or Jon, will take the Throne, it would be too dramatic and warm-and-fuzzy for GRRM, at least in my mind.

Tyrion and Sansa as king and queen!

I tend to think that Dany will become queen, but that she is barren, and her heir will just be someone that she names as heir. I really think she'd rather put someone suitable but without Targ blood on the throne than some untrained bastard who happens to have a drop of Targ blood (through the Usurper). Now, if Jon had a child on some other woman, that would probably be perfect, and she would pick a regent from the following list, but I don't see it happening.

People I'd consider somewhat likely to be named heir to Dany, after the war is over: Bran, Sansa, Tyrion, Myrcella, some Martell, some Tyrell. I feel there should be more on the list, but I can't think of any more not-completely-evil, competent or potentially competent people who are highborn Westerosi nobles.

(There's no way that Tommen would survive Dany becoming queen. Myrcella is way out in the boonies and wouldn't be available for immediate death, so there would be time for Dany to learn that she's not Robert's child, which could potentially keep her from being killed outright. After that, the value of a young highborn girl, who has grown up in the court but is still impressionable, might become apparent. There's a big difference in preparation between some bastard of Robert's who grew up in a castle and a girl who grew up as the daughter of a king.)

Scary thought: Robert Arryn.

Hell, no. Democracy? I would REALLY burn the books then, I guess. An oligarchy out of the mightiest noblemen instead of a monarchy, ok - but no Democracy. Do not even joke about it please. ;)

Hey, i like this. Especially the part about Dany failing. It would be really boring otherwise.

I still have an objection. The way Harry the Heir is described, he is somewhat joffrey-like.

Thanks. Actually, I did not really got any real impression of Harry during AFfC - did I miss something? I thought he was left undescribed...

I dont think tommen will be king at the end.reason is simple.think about this:stannis is tommen current heir.so,if tommen dies,throne is now stannis's even in eyes of lannister loyalists.it will be very interesting to see what will they do.become stannis´s,or stayed and defend...who??myrcella?maybe but she is not tommen´s heir.

Neither Tommen or Myrcella are going to rule Westeros at the end. Stannis is unlikely to, either.

Depending on what happens with the Night's Watch, Jon may. I feel the Night's Watch will endure after the books, but it may be dissolved and remade - the original generation may be absolved of their oaths. Thus allowing Jon to remain true if he ascends to the Iron Throne.

Then again, he may just end up like Maester Aemon. Offered the throne, but refuses it. His oath to the Night's Watch makes it problematic for him to be king, what with his actually attempting to follow it, but I find him a less likelier candidate than Tyrion or Bran to be a dragon head.

Dany may, too. However, I see her dying and naming one of the other two heads, or possibly Jon whether he's a head of the dragon or not (in so long as he's Rhaegar and Lyanna's son), to the throne.

If Tyrion's one of the heads of the dragon, so long as he lives he might reign.

If Bran becomes the other head - as the flying wolf, after all, and someone who can stop Euron from controlling the dragons, conceivably - so long as he lives, he could sit the Iron Throne. Which would leave Rickon as the heir to the throne, and the Stark line as kings.

Littlefinger may sit the throne for a bit, but not long. He may, however, set it up so Sansa does.

So, yeah. Suppose that means the original surviving Points of View may all potentially sit the throne. And they're pretty much the only ones I consider may do it.

It's also possible that, after all is said and done, Westeros may be, in truth, seven kingdoms again.

I think Stannis will, or maybe his daughter. The novels started with a Stag on the throne, and by Jove I want them to end with a Stag on the throne! I actually think Stannis has a decent chance as he really is a tragic figure and I think it would fit with the 'bittersweet' ending if he does end up with the throne but is a broken man. He ended up being noble at the very last after almost falling to Mel's evil totally, he gets his goal of the throne, but it costs him everything. That's an ending that I'd appericate, and I'd say there is a decent/good chance it happens.

Archived