When all is said and done...

Targ loyalist

I would swear that somewhere in the vast collection of stuff GRRM has said, I remember a quote from him along the lines that the ending would be similiar to The Return of the King, which I took to mean Dany will sit the throne.

Tyrion, I predict, will become the lord of Casterly Rock and the second most important person in the kingdoms.

And, happily married.

Hm, I know a certain Phillip who married a certain queen but is still not refered to as king. :D So, maybe Tyrion marries Dany and still does not become king. ;)

Nor does it render it an impossibility. The impossibility of Tyrion-as-king has already been well and kicked into a corner by a few scenarios that make it possible. Enough factors exist that it has a chance. What it will come down to is who survives at the end and just how true some curses are or how true some people are.

I would swear that somewhere in the vast collection of stuff GRRM has said, I remember a quote from him along the lines that the ending would be similiar to The Return of the King, which I took to mean Dany will sit the throne.

Tyrion, I predict, will become the lord of Casterly Rock and the second most important person in the kingdoms.

And, happily married.

Well, likely, and would make many fans happy. Also terribly cliché. But well, so is LOTR (although it kind off DEFINES what is cliché and what not :D).

Samir, is it not highly likely that someone is going to be able to give the boot to the extremely week Lannister (hiding as Baratheon) dynasty in place? Any alliance of three or four kingdoms could do it, counting Dany as a kingdom. The Lannisters are almost out of quality commanders and betrayal by Tyrell is quite likely; their hold on the Vale is nonexistent and the Riverlands are pretty much gutted. Why would they keep the throne if anyone at all cared to take it from them? And, of course, we know that at least one young girl who knows little of the ways of war plans on giving it a good try.

very possible.

my post earlier was simply what i wish to happen

yes, the lannisters hold the throne, but once cersei, jaime, and tyrion fight and kill amongst themselves (3 dead lannisters!!!), tommen's done.

i'm thinking stannis wanders down with his wildling army and takes the throne. of course, he'll be dieing for crossing R'hllor somewhere down the line, so edric gets the throne....yeay

i'm hoping dany gets chard by one of her dragons, can't stand her. so she's out

and then everything else like i said before.

Actually, I see the possibility of Tyrion marrying Dany as REALLY low. I mean, aside from being the brother of Jaime and the son of Tywin, both hated traitors, he is UGLY, a DWARF, and has a faible for WHORES. Yes, EVERY queen would fall head over heels for him. :rolleyes:

Seriously, Dany refused Jorah because he is not up to par with Drogo. How can Tyrion compare to the great Khan-I-mean-Khal? ;)

Not to mention the fact that he is married. That he is still in love with his first wife. And she is not whore, (hence will probably not interest him).

Seriously I think on of the Stark children will be on the throne. Not sure which one yet though....

So who will it be?Jon?No way!Stannis?More possible,but...Daenerys?Most possible.I think on the end she will have her birthright,but with a great loses...and Tyrion will be the Hand,thats for sure.But in the Jons first chapter in AGOT when Tyrion opened the door on the moment he seemed as tall as a king.Thats a little bit interesting...I doubt he will ever sit the Iron Throne as a true king,but as a Hand or even Regent...

Tyrion Targaryen, First of his Name, King of Westeros and King of the North (by virtue of his marriage to Sansa).

Tyrion Targaryen, First of his Name, King of Westeros and King of the North (by virtue of his marriage to Sansa).

Roflz! LOl! Taht would be so 1337... [Translation: I am going to vomit this horrible fairy-tale-fanboy-scenario out of my system now]

Sorry, I know I am rude... :/

I am vomiting right now...really a dwarf for a King would make Westeros a laughing stock around the world wouldn't it? (no disrespect to dwarfs intended but seriously, the image of the King is what matters and Tyrion is afterall a dwarf and a kinslayer.)

Not to the Targaryen Loyalists. Nor to the Ironborn. Nor to the Stark Loyalists.

I believe Robb took a dire turn when he declared himself King of the North. Ned Stark would have NEVER declared himself king and would have thrown his support in with Stannis as the Regent until Edric Storm was deemed capable of ruling Westeros. I understand why the Starks didn't throw in with Joffrey, since he had their father's head cut off and have no legitimate claim to the throne.

The Starks should persuade Stannis to take back the Old Gods (or even the Seven) and support him as King Regent until Edric is of age.

I believe Robb took a dire turn when he declared himself King of the North. Ned Stark would have NEVER declared himself king and would have thrown his support in with Stannis as the Regent until Edric Storm was deemed capable of ruling Westeros. I understand why the Starks didn't throw in with Joffrey, since he had their father's head cut off and have no legitimate claim to the throne.

The Starks should persuade Stannis to take back the Old Gods (or even the Seven) and support him as King Regent until Edric is of age.

Robb was what, 15 when the war began? It would be hard for someone so young (or even someone twice that age) to say "no" when all his bannermen were shouting "King in the North". Eddard may have been able to avoid getting swept up in the moment, but I doubt that most people could.

What? Edric Storm is a bastard. He has no claim.

Quite right, Shireen may be a girl but she'd still have a better claim than one of Robert's bastards. Why do people want Edric (or Gendry for that matter) to be King so bad?

Quite right, Shireen may be a girl but she'd still have a better claim than one of Robert's bastards. Why do people want Edric (or Gendry for that matter) to be King so bad?

Notorious good looks?

Youthful charm?

Robert admiration? / Renly admiration? (all playing on the same element aren't they?)

Long live queen Shireen!!!

Notorious good looks?

Youthful charm?

Robert admiration? / Renly admiration? (all playing on the same element aren't they?)

Long live queen Shireen!!!

Well, Edric does have those notorious Florent ears, and Gendry is more of a brooder than a charmer. As for admiring Robert and Renly? Whats to admire? One is a drunken oaf and the other is a pretty-boy queen who thought he could be king. Nope, don't admire them much.

But sure, long live queen Shireen, why not.

Well, Edric does have those notorious Florent ears, and Gendry is more of a brooder than a charmer. As for admiring Robert and Renly? Whats to admire? One is a drunken oaf and the other is a pretty-boy queen who thought he could be king. Nope, don't admire them much.

But sure, long live queen Shireen, why not.

Clearly I am not for the pretty boys legacy! that was an attempt to read into the popularity of the Robert's genes carriers:)

Though being of the mind that Robert's kingship might have been better, had he not strayed so far from his younger days' aspirations, I am not supporting the theory that the Baratheon's line will prevail when all is said and done.

More likely, Dany will be in a position to win over in Westeros, see the throne up-close and decide its not all that she dreamt of.

I don't really have a favorite to sit the iron throne. For me the best finale is that all those characters that survive the hardships of books 5-end will move away from their initial take on life in Westeros. Somehow become an amalgamate of Ice and Fire.

Not in the fairy tale style, but in the more realized, wiser and tolerant style.

What? Edric Storm is a bastard. He has no claim.

Stannis' claim to the throne, while legitmate, would never prevail because the people hate him. Look at the Battle of the Blackwater, even though the Lannisters are terrible and cruel rulers, they know Stannis would be a harsh ruler.

If Stannis wants any part of the Iron Throne, he needs to legitimize Edric and ride the wave of the popularity of Robert just as Renly was going to do. Then he can rule as Regent and then as head of the Small Counsel.

Besides, after Stannis dies through the machinations of Mel, Shireen is going to be the only legitimate Baratheon with a claim and I think there are a couple screws loose in that one's head. Edric is the only possible choice, being the only documented heir of Robert.

Oh yeah, and Dany will die before retaking the throne. :)

Long live Edric Storm, First of His Name, King of the Seven Kingdoms!

Archived