The Logistics of Dancing with Dragons

HP,

In the USA, and I just called amazon about my preorder, and they told me.... IT HAS SHIPPED !!!!!!

Wow... after an 11 year wait, now it is just a matter of watching for the mailman...

I see you live in Dallas. When did you order and what type of Delivery did you request? Mine still hasn't shipped and is showing, "Not Yet Shipped".

HP,

I see you live in Dallas. When did you order and what type of Delivery did you request? Mine still hasn't shipped and is showing, "Not Yet Shipped".

Yup... My delivery still says Not Yet shipped in the que as well, but when I discussed it on the phone yesterday, I was informed that it was in the process of shipping. I was told that it would be highly unlikely to be delivered today, but there was a good chance of it being here on Monday.

To nswer your specific question, I have mine on a 2 day order

Update....

Having been informed by email AND voice confirmation that they were going to ship this book to me on July 8th, I JUST called the customer service line to ask why my que status hadn't been updated. They informed me that I had been misinformed, and they were not planning on shipping this book until July 12th, meaning that I would receive my copy on July 14th.

I am on hold now to speak with someone else about this, but I will probably be cancelling my Amazon order and purchasing this book through a local bookstore. This could very well be the last time I do any business with this company.

My order also says "Not Yet Shipped", though the delivery date still says July 12th. I went with the 2-day shipping option, but I'm starting to get a little concerned that it won't get to me on the 12th unless it ships today. If it still hasn't shipped on Monday morning, I'm going to cancel and go with a local store.

Update....

Having been informed by email AND voice confirmation that they were going to ship this book to me on July 8th, I JUST called the customer service line to ask why my que status hadn't been updated. They informed me that I had been misinformed, and they were not planning on shipping this book until July 12th, meaning that I would receive my copy on July 14th.

I am on hold now to speak with someone else about this, but I will probably be cancelling my Amazon order and purchasing this book through a local bookstore. This could very well be the last time I do any business with this company.

The supervisor just told me that they were planning on a delivery date to still be July 12th, but also told me that the books have not been shipped. I guess that if they ship them later today, then they could still make a 2 day delivery by Tuesday, but I am not going to chance it. I cancelled my order, and will be buying from a local bookstore.

If you ordered release day delivery, Amazon will ship it on Monday with overnight shipping. I've ordered many release day deliveries from them and that's how it always works. They do it to avoid people getting it early. They used to ship on Friday and Sat and some people would get it on Monday, and that violates the street date, so now it's strictly ship on Monday overnight to ensure you get it on Tuesday.

My order with Standard Shipping was scheduled for deliver July 15-July 18. I just cancelled that ordered, signed up for the one month free trial of Amazon Prime, and then signed up for the 2 Day Shipping, which now makes the delivery estimate July 12. Yay. I'm off from work on Tuesday for actually unrelated reasons, amusingly enough.

My order with Standard Shipping was scheduled for deliver July 15-July 18. I just cancelled that ordered, signed up for the one month free trial of Amazon Prime, and then signed up for the 2 Day Shipping, which now makes the delivery estimate July 12. Yay. I'm off from work on Tuesday for actually unrelated reasons, amusingly enough.

This is what they want us to do-- they can perfectly well ship them to us on the release date for free, but they are using this as a bribe to get us to sign up for their Prime shipping option like you did

I was extremely tempted myself but didn't, we'll see when it arrives with the free shipping option.

Just checked my Amazon order and it just shipped. Expected arrival is July 13th. This is with standard shipping and I didn't have to sign up for an Amazon Prime account. It's great that they are getting the books to people closer to the release date without any extra signup obligations.

Can't wait. Now I just have to finish Stephen King's Hearts of Atlantis before it arrives.

I live in the middle of relatively nowhere in New England, and I have a delivery date of the 12th (I have Amazon Prime and did the 2-day shipping with delivery on release date option), but it's still totally "not yet shipped" up. The nearest city to me is Boston, which isn't exactly crazy far away but is still at least two hours away on a good day, so not exactly in my backyard; it's not like there is a distribution center down the street from me. I just want them to ship the stupid thing!

Archived