The Logistics of Dancing with Dragons

Haha nice. Mine just went to Shipping Soon but now gives me an estimated delivery date of the 14th.

AAAAAAAAAAAH AMAZON. Do they ever change back to an original shipping date once it's actually shipped or not?

Mine still just says not shipped. If Amazon doesn't get mine out today with the promise of delivery on the 12th i'll just cancel my order and buy the ebook.

I actually called Amazon customer service and it ended up going back to Not Yet Shipped with a delivery date of the 12th. According to the rep I talked to, it's scheduled to be shipped tomorrow and be delivered the 12th, so hopefully they can manage to get it up here by then? I guess I should have faith and not complain about getting such a massive book half-off the retail price. If Amazon says they'll do it, they better do it.

I actually called Amazon customer service and it ended up going back to Not Yet Shipped with a delivery date of the 12th. According to the rep I talked to, it's scheduled to be shipped tomorrow and be delivered the 12th, so hopefully they can manage to get it up here by then? I guess I should have faith and not complain about getting such a massive book half-off the retail price. If Amazon says they'll do it, they better do it.

I went thru all this with Amazon for the release of the last few HPotter books, same deal, half price, free shipping. In every case--every case--my book was here on the release date. So, they've got this logistics thing pretty down pat at Amazon. And hey, PS: Hello, Chicago, my home town!

:cheers:

I went thru all this with Amazon for the release of the last few HPotter books, same deal, half price, free shipping. In every case--every case--my book was here on the release date. So, they've got this logistics thing pretty down pat at Amazon. And hey, PS: Hello, Chicago, my home town!

:cheers:

Hey! Thanks for the encouragement. :) I'm just a college-aged soul, so I was still in HS when the last HP books came out and so wasn't really down with the whole buying-online thing.

Where in Chicagoland did you live? I go to school in Hyde Park (UChicago), so I'm down there during most of the school year. I'm currently back home in New England, however. :thumbsup:

Where in Chicagoland did you live? I go to school in Hyde Park (UChicago), so I'm down there during most of the school year. I'm currently back home in New England, however. :thumbsup:

Northwest side - Norwood Park. Retired now up in the Allegheny Mountains.

Back on Topic! I think I mentioned in another thread that when Half-Blood Prince was due to be released, I called my post office that morning and asked that they not send it out for regular delivery since I don't get my mail til late afternoon. Said I'd be right there in person to pick it up. When I got to the post office, there was a whole line of people there to pick up their books in person rather than wait for the mail person to deliver later in the day, exactly as I'd done! It was fun, exciting.

When Fable III came out, I had it pre-ordered with launch day shipping. It never "shipped" till the Monday before release, yet still got to my house on Launch day (Tuesday).

And I live out in the middle of nowhere. So for those with it still saying not shipped, maybe they just aren't showing the correct info?

Also note, that my tracking deal when Fable III came still showed it somewhere in Arizona while I held it in my hands, in Wyoming.

Northwest side - Norwood Park. Retired now up in the Allegheny Mountains.

Back on Topic! I think I mentioned in another thread that when Half-Blood Prince was due to be released, I called my post office that morning and asked that they not send it out for regular delivery since I don't get my mail til late afternoon. Said I'd be right there in person to pick it up. When I got to the post office, there was a whole line of people there to pick up their books in person rather than wait for the mail person to deliver later in the day, exactly as I'd done! It was fun, exciting.

Ooh interesting idea! Amazon stuff tends to get sent UPS, however, at least around here, so I'm not sure if I could do that? I guess I'll have to see what shipper they use and figure it out from there. We get UPS packages anywhere from 11am to like 4pm, so it's kind of chaotic haha.

If you preordered it before this week, you should get it on the release day. If you are only ordering it now, unless you add expedited shipping, that isn't guaranteed...you might not get it until Thursday or Friday.

12:01 AM West Coast time. So if you are in California, you get it at 12:01 AM but if you are in New York you have to wait until 3:01 AM.

I use ibooks and I got "Wise mans fear" At 9:00pm in California instead of Midnight. They released it to everyone at midnight eastern time. :)

Mine just shipped. It's USPS, but I'm here in Seattle and I believe Amazon still has a small DC here, so I'm pretty sure that's where it came from. With a little bit of luck, I could get my book tomorrow!

When Fable III came out, I had it pre-ordered with launch day shipping. It never "shipped" till the Monday before release, yet still got to my house on Launch day (Tuesday).

And I live out in the middle of nowhere. So for those with it still saying not shipped, maybe they just aren't showing the correct info?

Also note, that my tracking deal when Fable III came still showed it somewhere in Arizona while I held it in my hands, in Wyoming.

I'm hoping this will happen with mine. Amazon still says mine has "Not Yet Shipped" with an estimate of July 12th. If I wake up in the morning and it still hasn't shipped I'll be very worried about getting it on time.

So I have pre-ordered on my kindle but I live in New Zealand. I am told that I will have it on July 12 but if I have to wait to midnight California time that will be nearly July 13 for me. Does anyone know the exact situation? I hope I get it midnight NZ time as that is only 5 1/2 hours away now:)

I could buy it in a store tomorrow at 9am but that will cost me $51 NZD when I have pre-ordered it on my kindle for only $13 NZD (is it any surprise book stores in NZ are going broke).

Archived