Unpopular Opinions

The Storm Queen

What is your unpopular ASoIaF opinion?

Do you think that Cersei should rule Westeros? Or that Jon Snow should die by falling from the Wall?

I have encountered this kind of game in other fandoms and it can be rather entertaining.

There are only two rules:

1. If you agree with a poster, write an answer to him. If not, ignore the post and don´t try to argue with him or persuade him that he is wrong.

2. Stay within the realm of good taste and manners. No "xy should be raped" posts, please!

I can start with my unpopular opinions:

(1)I feel pity for Lysa Arryn. I know that she is a bad person but when your own father forces an abortion on you and then ships you off to a man that could be your grandfather and you have to revive this traumatic events a dozen times through your miscarriages and the only man you have ever loved only wants your sister...well that sucks on a grand scale.

(2) I dislike Barristan Selmy. I get a General Rommel vibe from him. Yes, he is a honorable, kind and trustworthy man but he constantly ignores his own moral compass by prioritizing an abstract concept of honor that helps tyrants like the Mad King and Joffrey to do as they please.

(3) I love Catelyn and Sansa and I think that they latter´s arc is the best one in ASoIaF in terms of psychological development (maybe with the exception of Jaime).

So, now I am thankful that rule 1 applies :-)

(1) I think Ramsay Bolton is awesome cool and would like to see him establish himself as the ruler of the north and possibly ally with theOthers, to become one of the Big Bads in the final books! (not very likely, I know)

(2) I like Theon Greyjoy for who he is and would like to see him "rise again, harder and stronger" and more evil than ever! ( even less likely, but still)

(3) I sympathize with Littlefinger and think it would be cool if he could find happiness with Sansa (probably the least likely one yet)

(4) I want Cersei to root out all opposition and firmly establish herself as the ruler, reigning through terror and Qyburn's black magic, bringing back the practices of Danelle Lothston! (Ahhaha, that would certainly be amazingly wicked)

Furthermore:

(5) I would like Jaime to receive an undead right hand from Qyburn! If the necromancer can create a huge undead flesh-golem like the Ungregor, why not a small little hand? And what a reverse-twist it would make! How the mighty are fallen -->> how the fallen are mighty!

So there, unpopular enough for ya?

(1) I think Ramsay Bolton is awesome cool and would like to see him establish himself as the ruler of the north and possibly ally with theOthers, to become one of the Big Bads in the final books! (not very likely, I know)

(2) I like Theon Greyjoy for who he is and would like to see him "rise again, harder and stronger" and more evil than ever! ( even less likely, but still)

(3) I sympathize with Littlefinger and think it would be cool if he could find happiness with Sansa (probably the least likely one yet)

(4) I want Cersei to root out all opposition and firmly establish herself as the ruler, reigning through terror and Qyburn's black magic, bringing back the practices of Danelle Lothston! (Ahhaha, that would certainly be amazingly wicked)

So there, unpopular enough for ya?

Yes, I guess that showed an acceptable level of unpopularness :-)

I have no idea why Jaime is considered sympathetic. I find him wholly repulsive and I have no interest in seeing him keep his head. I keep rooting for bad things to happen to him and for Brienne to utterly reject him.

Parev, I will support you on the Brienne rejection part. The man deserves better than that :-)

Personally I want Jamie to receive an undead hand from Qyburn. That would be such a twist on his character - there he was all moody and contrite, humbly learning to fence with his left hand, when BAM! Fate darkly smiles upon him and restores him to former glory in one fell swoop!

I like Sansa.

EDIT: And while I like Jaime, he's a bit meh-ish in my view.

I'm with you there - I don't mind him, (as a character. As a person, I think he's awful and nothing he's done yet comes close to evening the moral scale for Bran) but I don't find him all that compelling either.

Agreed about Selmy as well, more interesting to read him as a sad, lonely old man grasping desperately for meaning and belonging than as badass super knight dude.

My unpopular opinion: I adore Aeron Greyjoy.

I want Roose Bolton to become Warden of the North, after he has pinned all the blame for any rumored illicit activity upon Ramsay and executed him for it (after flaying him).

I want Sandor and Jaime to die, preferably in a horrible manner and in much pain. No cool or awesome death for them.

Cersei should survive the series, though she should not be in a position of power.

Jon should die by book 5 at the most.

Dany should die by book 5 at the most.

Darkstar should never be seen again (dunno if this is actually unpopular).

What is your unpopular ASoIaF opinion?

Do you think that Cersei should rule Westeros? Or that Jon Snow should die by falling from the Wall?

I have encountered this kind of game in other fandoms and it can be rather entertaining.

There are only two rules:

1. If you agree with a poster, write an answer to him. If not, ignore the post and don´t try to argue with him or persuade him that he is wrong.

2. Stay within the realm of good taste and manners. No "xy should be raped" posts, please!

I can start with my unpopular opinions:

(1)I feel pity for Lysa Arryn. I know that she is a bad person but when your own father forces an abortion on you and then ships you off to a man that could be your grandfather and you have to revive this traumatic events a dozen times through your miscarriages and the only man you have ever loved only wants your sister...well that sucks on a grand scale.

(2) I dislike Barristan Selmy. I get a General Rommel vibe from him. Yes, he is a honorable, kind and trustworthy man but he constantly ignores his own moral compass by prioritizing an abstract concept of honor that helps tyrants like the Mad King and Joffrey to do as they please.

(3) I love Catelyn and Sansa and I think that they latter´s arc is the best one in ASoIaF in terms of psychological development (maybe with the exception of Jaime).

So, now I am thankful that rule 1 applies :-)

1) agree

2) agree very much, I really dislike him for the same resons as well.

3) Agree- The Cat chapters and later the Sansa chapters are among my favourites.

My owns:

1) Tyrion killing Shae and Tywin was too much. i actually miss Tywin's character.

2) Arya didnt kill the NW desetrer she just became a good liar.

3) Don't want Doran Martell to have his "justice". The one who were responsible for Elia are already dead, he could only hurt the innocent ones.

4) Wants Tommen and Margarey with Kevan as the regent and the Hand on the Iron Throne at the end (I dont care how impossible it seems because of the prophecy) I think all of them are really decent they are the best rulers of Westeros for a long time.

5) Wants giant falcons. We have direwolves and dragons already. If I remember correctly the Andals had giant ones, now Sansa being in the Vale could find one (or awake one) and warg it, since she has no direwolf anymore.

6) Dont want Sandor/Sansa romantically. I love both characters and enjoy they relationship I just dont want them romantically involved with each other.

I'm with you there - I don't mind him, (as a character. As a person, I think he's awful and nothing he's done yet comes close to evening the moral scale for Bran) but I don't find him all that compelling either.

Agreed about Selmy as well, more interesting to read him as a sad, lonely old man grasping desperately for meaning and belonging than as badass super knight dude.

My unpopular opinion: I adore Aeron Greyjoy.

I agree with everything (with the exception of Jaime)

I also love Aeron. Given the fact that his own brother presumably abused him he really really needs good counselling. Instead he gets the Ironborn culture.

I want to hug him and tell him to abandon the whole religious fundamentalism shit. His story is the ultimative tragedy and fits nicely in the overall theme of Ironborn society and its self-made decline.

Oh, and by the way, I generally adore your posts and I just wanted to say how impressed I am by them :-)

1) agree

2) agree very much, I really dislike him for the same resons as well.

3) Agree- The Cat chapters and later the Sansa chapters are among my favourites.

My owns:

1) Tyrion killing Shae and Tywin was too much. i actually miss Tywin's character.

2) Arya didnt kill the NW desetrer she just became a good liar.

3) Don't want Doran Martell to have his "justice". The one who were responsible for Elia are already dead, he could only hurt the innocent ones.

4) Wants Tommen and Margarey with Kevan as the regent and the Hand on the Iron Throne at the end (I dont care how impossible it seems because of the prophecy) I think all of them are really decent they are the best rulers of Westeros for a long time.

5) Wants giant falcons. We have direwolves and dragons already. If I remember correctly the Andals had giant ones, now Sansa being in the Vale could find one (or awake one) and warg it, since she has no direwolf anymore.

6) Dont want Sandor/Sansa romantically. I love both characters and enjoy they relationship I just dont want them romantically involved with each other.

1) Agree. Liked Tywin as a villain more than Ramsay et al. who seem to be more standard evil. Plus I started to despise Tyrion when he killed Shae and lost subsequently my pity with him.

3) Yap. Anyway when did he exactly plan to fulfil his revenge? Before or after the culprits have died of old age?

4) nice, although I sometimes dream of Queen Sansa, too. Maybe Sansa as SC member?

5) This is made of win. Maybe the falcon could kill LF? That would be awesome..

Oh boy.

1. I loathe Sansa, Cersei, Theon, Jaime, Stannis, Melisandre, Bolton, The Freys, and Joffrey.

2. I don't care who Jon's parents are. Or any Targ theory's.

3. Robert Baratheon was the most awesome king ever.

4. Daenerys whole character and story bores me.

Not to mention Petyr's manipulations have alot to do with her later state of mind. I felt really bad for her when he killed her, because of what preceded it. It was like watching a puppy gaze trustingly and lovingly up at its master as the master points a gun at it and kills it.

Archived