Masculine Wiles

Spider From Mars

I've been a bit guilty of this myself too. There have been a number of times when friends later were like "why didn't you hook up with her?" to which I'm like "What? Who?" Then it's explained to me that I was the only one not aware of the signals being sent.

I'll third that. And add shyness to the mix, then the signals got very muddled.

My wife claims she had to club me to get me to notice she was interested. In my later years I have looked back on my life and notice many missed "opportunities" because I was simply too oblivious to even attempt to develop "wiles" to employ upon women who may have been romantically interested in me.

This is exactly my circumstance.

Yup, this is pretty much me as well :D

Wouldn't call them wiles, but more like actions which seem to catch well with the female populace. Some of mine are:

-Talking big.

-Appearing unconcerned.

-Frowning.

-Grunting.

-Bold stare.

-Getting on an impish look.

Wouldn't call them wiles, but more like actions which seem to catch well with the female populace. Some of mine are:

-Talking big.

-Appearing unconcerned.

-Frowning.

-Grunting.

-Bold stare.

-Getting on an impish look.

I do know of an eligble bachelor who excels at all of this.

Here's the thing. Getting people to do what you want is relativly easy. All it takes is a truelly unapologetic look at how the world is. Toss out political nicety, do away with socially expected behavior, get rid of notions that come not from fact, but from idealisim, and you have your framework.

Dûnyain, motherfucker, do you speak it?!

Women are simply better equipped to adress them in men, and vice versa.

The power of the Cavern of Woes is immense.

Grayskull - I have the powah!

Sometimes though, NOT taking advantage of an obvious weakness is just another way of taking advantage of someone.

Sokath, his eyes opened.

a basic expressed mutation in women of desiring the most virle male. Now, take that genetic fact, and extrapolate it into a sociological sense of what we in our concious thoughts think of as making someone more masculine, aside from physical strength. Being able to club a sabertooth tiger and drag it back once denoted stability, now its a 6 figure salary and owning a home.

Shaka, when the walls fell.

Re: Ser Scot

If I'm not carrying a huge package

It's not the size of the ship, but the motion of the ocean.

One of my great irritations are buildings that make their stairwells difficult to find. The Federal Buildings in Columbia SC are particularly bad this way, except for the new Federal courthouse which has lovely stairs.

Yes, I love lovely stairs, too. They're usually not that hard to find, tbh. Just go around the backdoor. Make sure you knock first, though, so you don't set off alarms.

Yes, AverageGuy. No man, in the history of the world, has ever strung a woman along or taken advantage of a woman for his own personal gratification. That has never, ever happened. "The Game" by Neil Strauss is actually a long con written by a performance artist.

How would that be wiles? If you're doing it for its own sake, it's not a strategy to get something else.

Shit, how are people defining wiles here? I have not seen one suggestion in this thread that I would actually consider wile-y.

ETA: I'm googling feminine wiles now, and the results I'm getting seem to be consistent with the way I've always heard the term used. Masculine wiles... might be the college football player who gets the smart girl to write his paper.

Oh wait, it wasn't meant as a negative at all, was it? Just more of that tired old boys-will-be-boys schtick, where men are lovably irrepressible horndogs with no control over their baser impulses, and where women have nothing to offer except what's between their legs.

:rolleyes:

Yes, because that's what I said.

Don't you know? Men are like, so visual!!!111!? Women aren't visual at all! They just think with their heart, not with their clit! Women just have sex to get things!

I did not say anything about whether or not women are visual. I also didn't say women just have sex to get things.

Dûnyain, motherfucker, do you speak it?!

The power of the Cavern of Woes is immense.

Grayskull - I have the powah!

Sokath, his eyes opened.

Shaka, when the walls fell.

Re: Ser Scot

It's not the size of the ship, but the motion of the ocean.

Yes, I love lovely stairs, too. They're usually not that hard to find, tbh. Just go around the backdoor. Make sure you knock first, though, so you don't set off alarms.

:lol: You'[ve outdone yourself this time, Terra. If there were Emmys for best posts, this would be nominated.

You're a lot of fun at parties, aren't you? :P

Archived