[ADWD SPOILERS] Daenerys 1 p. 31-45 US HC

Xray the Enforcer

It's different, I think - longer. I didn't remember a lot of the stuff in the middle, like the fighting pits guy.

The only reason I know this is because I JUST finished AFFC yesterday, but in my version, at least (the Kindle version) the chapter includes the fighting pits guy.

The only reason I know this is because I JUST finished AFFC yesterday, but in my version, at least (the Kindle version) the chapter includes the fighting pits guy.

Hm ok. It has been a few months, so I bow to your more up to date knowledge.

The only reason I thought so was that both me and my husband thought it was longer, but maybe we were just sympathizing with Dany and her interminable session at court. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I couldn't help but think of Viserys when Dany warned someone about waking the dragon, and it sounded just as cheesy.

The three heads of the crown she has is made of jade, onyx and ivory. Do you think there is a significance behind the three stones?

I don't think her dragons caused the burning of the child. I think she's being set up.

The three heads of the crown she has is made of jade, onyx and ivory. Do you think there is a significance behind the three stones?

I think the significance of the stones is likely that they are approximately the same color as her three dragons. Jade being green (like Rhaegal), Onyx black (like Drogon) and Ivory white (like Viserion). So, the crown was probably just made with those stones to represent her dragons.

I think the significance of the stones is likely that they are approximately the same color as her three dragons. Jade being green (like Rhaegal), Onyx black (like Drogon) and Ivory white (like Viserion). So, the crown was probably just made with those stones to represent her dragons.

That makes sense. I wasn't even thinking of the dragons or their color.

• 3 months later...

Danaerys needs to spend less time in court and more time training her dragons. Seems to me the description of the bones is pretty consistent with what I'd imagine a dragon attack to look like. Even the longer bones were pried open for their marrow. They are growing larger and they are predators. It was only a matter of time before something like this happened. If Dany doesn't act, she may lose all control of them.

• 1 month later...

Danaerys needs to spend less time in court and more time training her dragons. Seems to me the description of the bones is pretty consistent with what I'd imagine a dragon attack to look like. Even the longer bones were pried open for their marrow. They are growing larger and they are predators. It was only a matter of time before something like this happened. If Dany doesn't act, she may lose all control of them.

Agreed training her dragons should be the most important thing she does. She could leave her court to advisors and just over see decisions instead of hearing everyone out.

I love the part where the womans house has been turned into a brothel and Dany says she abandoned it.

It is bad luck to touch the dead... could this be prophecy about the White Walkers.......

I love it when they say "it is known"

I have a feeling that Dany is going to need Barristan the Bold if she is to successfully return to Westeros.

If I were Dany I would take the Shavepates advice and kill a member from each great family. A sure fire way to stop the harpy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

She needs to watch "how to train your dragon".

this is the best thing ive heard!.. im sorry but im using this when talking about asoiaf with my girlfriend!!

but i hope dany does something... she has kinda sucked imo!

Archived