[ADWD SPOILERS] Davos 1

Xray the Enforcer

I thought what was also interesting about this chapter is the way these lords are not siding with the Lannisters any more. They can more or less pick their side and do what they like, as they are hard to reach and have no strong connections with anyone. The Lannisters had all but war won up to recently but since Tywin's death, it seems to me that these marginals seats are reconsidering their options.

• 3 weeks later...

Lord Godrick discussion at the end of the chapter about Ned Stark and the Fisherman's daughter was interesting. This is second hand knowledge of course, but it may be the start of dispelling the R+L=J theory...

I thought that as well but it would also force others to really believe jon is ned's bastard son

Any particular reason? There is a story circulating that Ned Stark got a woman pregnant and gave her a bag full of silver. This predates Ned's trip to the Tower of Joy. I am not saying that it 100% reliable, but there is substantial evidence that Jon was Ned's son.

it does give more evidence but I still support the R+L=J

R+L=J is probably not done for, but man, I'd love it if this was the end. Such an ignominious death for such a grand theory would be hilarious.

word.

GRRM is perfectly aware of our strenuous R+L = J theories.

And I wouldn't put it past him to throw little teasers like this into the book for the sole purpose of throwing the die-hard fanboys into rabid paroxysms.

For all I know, R+L = J was his original plan... but after seeing the enormous amount of debate going on about it, he switched courses midstream and has decided to lead us about by the nose.

and fangirls too lol that would be pretty epic if it was the original plan and he changed it but I haven't finished reading the book so I can't say more or offer any new theories.

I like Davos and he's such a diehard supporter of Stanis it drives me nuts he should go and help Dany.

If Jon was conceived in the ToJ, wouldn't his surname be sand? Jon Sand? This rumor does nothing to dispel the R+L=J theory. It's just another rumor, along with the one concerning Wylla.

His father is from the North and that is who he grows up with therefore the surname Snow.

• 4 months later...

Archived