[ADWD SPOILERS] Reek 1

Xray the Enforcer

Im a little confused about the whole Reek plotline. Okay so Ser Rodrick kills the real Reek back in ACOK , thinking that he is Ramsey Snow. Ramsey is then mistaken for Reek and is taken to Winterfell as a prisoner. When Theon takes over Ramsey befriends him and kills Ser Rodrick outside of Winterfells walls . Ramsey then betrays Theon and captures and tortures him until hes pretty much lost his sanity. And now Theon is the new Reek.

Is this pretty much the gist of it ? Could somebody clear that up for me ?

Another thing i didnt quite get about Reek being Theon is that in this chapter Ramsey says that "father sent him to me when i was a boy". Ramsey and Theon just met at Winterfell , but maybe this is just to strengthen the idea that Theon is taking over Reeks identity

Im a little confused about the whole Reek plotline. Okay so Ser Rodrick kills the real Reek back in ACOK , thinking that he is Ramsey Snow. Ramsey is then mistaken for Reek and is taken to Winterfell as a prisoner. When Theon takes over Ramsey befriends him and kills Ser Rodrick outside of Winterfells walls . Ramsey then betrays Theon and captures and tortures him until hes pretty much lost his sanity. And now Theon is the new Reek.

Another thing i didnt quite get about Reek being Theon is that in this chapter Ramsey says that "father sent him to me when i was a boy". Ramsey and Theon just met at Winterfell , but maybe this is just to strengthen the idea that Theon is taking over Reeks identity

Yeah, you pretty much got it. This will be explained in more detail in a couple more Reek chapters.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone please point me towards where it was explained that the fake Arya is actually Jeyne Poole? I keep seeing references to that, but for the life of me can't remember ever reading it in the books.

Me neither, and I've been hearing it as soon as Oona Chaplin was cast as simply Jeyne. So people were speculating as to which Jeyne she would play, the Westerling one or the Poole one. I've never heard of Jeyne Poole again since the first book so it must be a spoiler for future chapters. Spoiled once again! :dunce:

• 4 weeks later...

This chapter made me nauseous...there was way too much description of him eating that mouse. I usually have a really strong stomach but...ugh. I have never liked Theon...he's always been so full of himself, but geeez, I wouldn't wish Ramsay on my worst enemy. Could someone please deliver him to Qyburn's human lab experiment? like...now?

This chapter made me nauseous...there was way too much description of him eating that mouse. I usually have a really strong stomach but...ugh. I have never liked Theon...he's always been so full of himself, but geeez, I wouldn't wish Ramsay on my worst enemy. Could someone please deliver him to Qyburn's human lab experiment? like...now?

They would be best friends though . And Theon is more awesome than you .

Ugh I hated Theon so much after his POV chapters in Winterfell, but this chapter put me to the other end of the spectrum about him because of pity. I have to say that I have never genuinely hated a character and wished them a slow and painful death like I now do for Ramsay Snow/Bolton. Including Joffrey.

The Boltons just seem to be coming across as really sick and weird, hopefully someone gives them a Reynes of Castamere type ending

• 2 weeks later...

NO ONE deserved, NO ONE deserves, NO ONE will deserve for Theon's fate. Maybe he should be hanged or beheaded, but this? No.

And "justice" should'nt be served by "co-criminal", I think.

I am completely sure Ramsay sleeps like newborn babe, without nightmares and regrets. He razed Winterfell to the ground, he gave Theon idea about miller's kids, he raped and killed defenceless girls. He should be punished too, but he pretends to be punisher of Turncloak.

It is'nt justice. It is parody of justice.

I hope You understood me, ser Knighthawk.

I understood: this is Your opinion. In my opinion You are too harsh. I think - after Reek's chapters it was difficult to think in this way - if someone, even little king Waters or Rodrik with more bannermen or... decided about Theon's execution (hanging or beheading) or taking the black I would be say "He has what deserved".

But... first torture of hope for both prisoners, Kyra and Theon, next all this flaying. Teeth. Fingers. Toes.

Beating. Cutting. Whipping. Brainwashing by fear - no, terror. Starving. Probably gelding.

He is whiteheaded. His limbs are thin, his belly is swollen and empty, he lives in constant fear before some trap.

No. Sorry, but I don't think he deserved for it. He should be punished, but not in this way and not by this - this abomination of humanity, not after this hell.

Before? Of course. I agree wholeheartedly.

NOT NOW.

It's funny cause you keep describing all of it as if I hadn't read the chapter, but I did. I know what he got put through and I still don't care. He deserves it and more. Call me harsh or whatever else you'd like but no amount of words you or GRRM write are gonna make me feel for the guy again. He chose his path so let him live with it.

Okay I understood. I'll not repeat about Reek's wounds. Maybe You'll change Your opinion later. After reading more chapters.

Nevermind.

I am curious who were these lords with Ramsay and why one of them was interested only with his food and Reek's... reek.

Starved, beaten prisoner in rags - unimportant. His odour and state of my stomach - most important.

Wonderful way of thinking, am I right?

/bitter smirk/

Why does everyone hate Theon so much? Sure, he's not the nicest guy and he attacked Winterfell but he certainly isn't the first person in the series to attack a place for power! Do you think Robb wasn't killing innocent people when he was away? What about Ned when he rebelled? No one is truly a perfect good guy in this story.

Why does everyone hate Theon so much? Sure, he's not the nicest guy and he attacked Winterfell but he certainly isn't the first person in the series to attack a place for power! Do you think Robb wasn't killing innocent people when he was away? What about Ned when he rebelled? No one is truly a perfect good guy in this story.

Because he fucked Robb; his taking of Winterfell was the first fall of the domino that led to the King in the North's demise. Or maybe because he murdered two innocent boys, let the other Reek flay the skin from their faces, dip their heads in tar, and then hoist them up on spikes above Winterfell's gate, all to hide his ineptitude.

Still. Theon was always one of my favourites, and this creature found in the Dreadfort's dungeons is rather horrifying.

This is exactly what I was wondering about, although I thought Ramsay WAS Reek. I thought it was an alias or some snarky nickname because he stunk and now he's forcing Theon to call himself Reek as part of the punishment or to brainwash him. All of this is pretty intricate. I'm always feeling like I need to go back and re-read.

Definitely felt horrible for Theon, even though he's a royal idiot and would have deserved the death I'd assumed he'd already had. This is just horrific! I kept picturing him as the cocky prick he was and how he'd been so reduced by the torture. He's unrecognizable! He has a long way to go before being of any use to anyone.

• 2 weeks later...

what did theon even do?

he killed like one guy at winterfell and stupidly opened the door, not to mention the iron men were already going to invade the north, he meant to take winterfell without blood. From what i recall he killed on man. The rest was the bastard of bolton's work

Archived