[ADWD SPOILERS] Tyrion 4

Xray the Enforcer

The clues are all there that YG is a Targ... but its almost too obvious for GRRM. Why would the half master be privy to this secret information? More importantly, why would he tell Hugor Hill? The whole through which this information leaked is too big for my taste.

Also, I love that Tyrion's going through alcohol withdrawal. It was a problem for Cersei too.

Finally, whats the deal with the Merchant's Man, i.e. Quintyn Martell and Tyrions crew? Does one side know what the other is up to?

We know that Doran Martell was going to wed his daughter to Viserys who was killed so now he wants Q to marry Dany. Presumably the Arianne/Viserys match was set by Prince Doran and Illyrio, so am I to think that the Quintyn/Dany marriage would be also?

But if thats the case, then what are the Griffs up to?

I suspect that Illyrio and Varys don't know that Q is on his way to wed Dany. Q mentioned that he doesn't trust Varys, so I suspect Doran may have over extended himself and is going to lose his son in this process.

The two are unaware of each others journey. Q is under his father's mission, not Varys and Illyrio. While YG and Tyrion are under Varys and Illyrio.

That makes the most sense to me. But it surprises me to see Doran Martell taking this kind of action blindly. He must have had a relationship with Varys and Illyrio at some point in time, but perhaps that died when Viserys did.

Either way, its not good for Q-Money, between Tyrio and Co. and the Iron Men coming after Dany, shits going to hit the fan Tarantino style.

• 5 weeks later...

Jaime talks to Ronnet in AFFC (punches him at Harrenhal for how he was talking about Brienne). With the overlapping timelines, Griff can't be Ronnet. I'm sticking by my thought that this is actually Jon, especially after Tyrion's thought that Griff is lying about not being a lord.

We've already had a reference to the mummer's dragon. Could they be presenting Young Griff as Aegon, and it doesn't actually turn out to be true?

I like this. This would also fit the warning for her not to trust the Lion, Griffon or Mummer's Dragon. Although I'm still confused why she's not supposed to trust any of these. They all seem to have common cause with her.

Could it have something to do with her perceived goals rather than her real goals. Kind of like when Robb was heading south and Osha kept saying he's marching the wrong way, he should be heading north? Dany's also been given directional clues which seem like they're sending her away from Westeros instead of toward. She thinks she's supposed to go to Westeros and take back her crown, but if she's supposed to be heading the other way to fight for the Dawn then the Lion, the Griffin, etc. would all be distracting her from her true purpose whether they mean her harm or not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have nothing to add about Young Griff and Old Griff, but I don't know where else to put this without being spoiled. Tyrion's chapters so far are the biggest disappointment of all. I'm not sure where the author is going with that character, but to me he's growing more dislikable by the chapter.

I just want more wit and action, and less drooling over fifty year old septa's breast. Is that too much to ask from a brilliant writer like Martin? Methinks not.

I have nothing to add about Young Griff and Old Griff, but I don't know where else to put this without being spoiled. Tyrion's chapters so far are the biggest disappointment of all. I'm not sure where the author is going with that character, but to me he's growing more dislikable by the chapter.

I just want more wit and action, and less drooling over fifty year old septa's breast. Is that too much to ask from a brilliant writer like Martin? Methinks not.

Yes, because a man who just killed his father and lover would surely be funny and making witty remarks :rolleyes: . Martin made him realistic in this book not like he could forget all of that psychological stuff and be the old Tyrion again .

Yes, because a man who just killed his father and lover would surely be funny and making witty remarks :rolleyes: . Martin made him realistic in this book not like he could forget all of that psychological stuff and be the old Tyrion again .

Well, I'm not going to argue with a user whose name is "Tyrionthebest" on the subject of Tyrion. It's nothing personal, but I'm sure you can understand my reluctance.

That being said, everyone has the right to have whatever opinion on whatever character. I'm sure some liked Tyrion in ADWD more than others, and that's perfectly ok. :)

• 1 year later...

Havent seem it mentioned here but theres a real hint that he faceless men are looking for Dany. Tyrion talked about a book that init copy can be found locked at the bottom of the Citadel. this. explains whiple Jaqen killed Pate for the skeleton key

ye ur right already had my thoughts about the faceless men. It could also be just a job for Jaqen H'gar

• 1 month later...

Quaithe is not necessarily on Dany's side. Keep that in mind. Although she may be Dany's red priestess, from what we know of Melisandre, that isn't necessarily a good thing.

I like this - you're on to something here.

Maybe GRRM is showing us that Dany (who I had not much time for, before ADWD) is cleverer than we think, by not fully accepting and trusting Quaithe. Whereas Stannis has fully thrown in his lot with Melissandre, and for better or worse is stuck with her, Dany keeps Quaithe at a safe distance.

Archived