[ADWD SPOILERS] Reek 2

Xray the Enforcer

not really sure how to get a moderator here -- i can't view profiles and message...

just want to give someone a heads up -- i dont think there is a Bran 3 thread. (or there may be and I am just too blind to find it :-)

not really sure how to get a moderator here -- i can't view profiles and message...

just want to give someone a heads up -- i dont think there is a Bran 3 thread. (or there may be and I am just too blind to find it :-)

There is, it took me awhile to find it too for some reason.

After Clash of Kings I never thought I would feel sorry for Theon Turncloak, but man it sucks to be him.

Same here. I have to give it up to GRRM. The writing is so well done, one can't not feel sympathy for Theon. I am guessing that was no easy feat, kudos to him for getting the reader embrace him again.

My thought was that "the other thing" meant rape. In Reek 1 he thinks:

If I say [my name] wrong, he'll take another finger, or worse, he'll... he'll... He would not think about that, could not think about that.

So it sounds like something which is repeatable, and given what we know of what Ramsay and old Reek used to get up to...

Was interesting to see just how sorry anyone trying to hold Moat Cailin will feel without support from the crannogmen. This was some serious guerilla going on there. Looking at the state of the Bolton/Frey army as described at the end of this chapter, I can't see how they will try to rule the North. The general population will not love anyone who basically exterminated their ancestral ruling family, and in a most treacherous manner. Added to that, the Bolton's probably weren't the most popular guys in the North to start with, and I doubt anyone feels they would make good overlords.

At this point I think not one of the current contestants will stand a chance of keeping the North. Ironmen are lost, Boltons are lost. Stannis is probably lost too, as the numbers are against him and that red priestess of his isn't going to melt any ice around the Northmen's hearts, figuratively speaking. Maybe he has a chance if he goes on to win the northern mountain clans, as advised by Jon, maybe... but it'll be hard work all the way.

Not a rosy future for the North. All i can see at the moment ist guerilla warfare, civil war, starvation and winter. Nice...

Archived